Greg Gabriel calls Adetomiwa Adebawore second best 3 technique prospect behind Carter

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’ll raise you a jarron gilbert!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not fitting the system is GM excuse talk for fucking up and passing on a all prodraft pick who played the same position, Joseph vs Brisker would be somewhat of an example

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
not fitting the system is GM excuse talk for fucking up and passing on a all prodraft pick who played the same position, Joseph vs Brisker would be somewhat of an example

This post is confusing. Are you saying Joseph is better than Brisker? Cause he isn't. And scheme fit doesn't matter? Cause it does. And what does this have to do with Adebawore?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This post is confusing. Are you saying Joseph is better than Brisker? Cause he isn't. And scheme fit doesn't matter? Cause it does. And what does this have to do with Adebawore?
I am saying that, because he is better, Brisker is good, but Joseph graded as well or higher in all or most safety grading metrics

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Instead of saying Greg Gabriel, people call him Craig Gabriel.

I don't see the humor.

It is not like people calling Aaron Rodgers Erin Rodgers. That is not very funny, but it is a better attempt than Craig Gabriel.

OK DoDo.

msadows

Liked Posts:
he very well might be just that

Considering greg does not like him, he probably will.

Greg is a moron. I've heard others on here mention he still has contacts in Halas hall, but that is very doubtful. Scouting teams have changed at least 4 times. He has zero clue what poles and co want to do.

What I do know, is this moron was the college scouting director when we drafted such amazing players like David Terrell, Anthony Thomas, Mike Gandy, Marc Colombo, Michael Haynes, Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson, Mark Bradley, Danieal Manning, Dusty D., Dan Buzain, Garrette Wolfe, Michael Okwo, Chris Williams, Marcus Harrison, Jaron Gilbert, Jaquan Iglesias. All taken in the top 100 picks.

Dude has an excellent track record of not knowing talent at all.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The production was never really there. His Combine numbers have made this dude.

The pre-draft process is so funny. A few months ago this dude was like a 4th or 5th rounder. Now people are saying he's going to creep into the 1st.

Also, Greg Gabriel is like 90 and doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The production was never really there. His Combine numbers have made this dude.

The pre-draft process is so funny. A few months ago this dude was like a 4th or 5th rounder. Now people are saying he's going to creep into the 1st.

5th a bit of a stretch, but yea, he's def shot up about 2 rounds. Crazy what being a great athlete can do.

Not sure if he will ever become anything in the NFL, but his combo of size + strength + speed makes khalil mack look like a baby.

I truly wonder has a 280+ guy ever ran a sub 4.5 in the modern combine(ie, not hand timed)? That just seems like an unreal number for a dude that size.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Considering greg does not like him, he probably will.

Greg is a moron. I've heard others on here mention he still has contacts in Halas hall, but that is very doubtful. Scouting teams have changed at least 4 times. He has zero clue what poles and co want to do.

What I do know, is this moron was the college scouting director when we drafted such amazing players like David Terrell, Anthony Thomas, Mike Gandy, Marc Colombo, Michael Haynes, Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson, Mark Bradley, Danieal Manning, Dusty D., Dan Buzain, Garrette Wolfe, Michael Okwo, Chris Williams, Marcus Harrison, Jaron Gilbert, Jaquan Iglesias. All taken in the top 100 picks.

Dude has an excellent track record of not knowing talent at all.

So first of all he is not responsible for those picks, he wasn't the GM and he didn't make those picks. But, if you're going to cherry pick bad picks(which you could do for literally any college personnel director) you have to give him credit for the good ones. He was part of building a team that went too the Super Bowl.

Gabriel seems like kind of a dick but to dismiss his opinions because of that is stupid. He actually worked in the NFL for decades and knows way more that you, or me, or anyone else posting on a message board about the NFL and draft prospects. He definitely has contacts. It would be impossible to have worked in the league as long as he did and not have contacts, even now.

I'm not saying he's always right or anything, but he's someone who's opinions hold way more water than the league of media types who are mostly just mouth pieces for teams and agents.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So first of all he is not responsible for those picks, he wasn't the GM and he didn't make those picks. But, if you're going to cherry pick bad picks(which you could do for literally any college personnel director) you have to give him credit for the good ones. He was part of building a team that went too the Super Bowl.

Gabriel seems like kind of a dick but to dismiss his opinions because of that is stupid. He actually worked in the NFL for decades and knows way more that you, or me, or anyone else posting on a message board about the NFL and draft prospects. He definitely has contacts. It would be impossible to have worked in the league as long as he did and not have contacts, even now.

I'm not saying he's always right or anything, but he's someone who's opinions hold way more water than the league of media types who are mostly just mouth pieces for teams and agents.
Can you please please please cherry pick some good takes he has made.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Can you please please please cherry pick some good takes he has made.

Seriously? Tillman, Briggs, Hester, Forte, Olsen, Alex Brown off the top of my head.

And again, he didn't make any picks, Angelo did. He was part of a front office that built some decent teams and the only other Bears team that went to the Super Bowl. I'm not suggesting he was a great personnel guy but he worked in the NFL for a long time. He knows way more than most people about how the NFL works.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Seriously? Tillman, Briggs, Hester, Forte, Olsen, Alex Brown off the top of my head.

And again, he didn't make any picks, Angelo did. He was part of a front office that built some decent teams and the only other Bears team that went to the Super Bowl. I'm not suggesting he was a great personnel guy but he worked in the NFL for a long time. He knows way more than most people about how the NFL works.
Ohhh so he gets credit for the good picks but when we point out the flops he doesn’t get knocked for it?

Show me some of his great football insight he has had over the last 3 years

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Ohhh so he gets credit for the good picks but when we point out the flops he doesn’t get knocked for it?

Show me some of his great football insight he has had over the last 3 years

I don't know if you have reading comprehension issues or something but I have said repeatedly he ultimately isn't responsible for successes or failures since he wasn't the one actually making the picks. You have moved the goal posts. If YOU are going to blame him for bad picks, YOU have to give him credit for the good ones. I am not giving him credit, or blame, I'm just answering your question based in your belief that he made the bad picks. He was a part of the front office.

As far as good football insights, I don't know, I don't like memorize shit people say on Twitter and I don't have time to go hunting down old articles/tweets. If you want to dismiss a guy who worked in the NFL for 30 years, feel free. I appreciate the insight of people who actually know what they are talking about over the endless stream of media/bloggers/Twitter experts who have never set foot inside an NFL facility.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don't know if you have reading comprehension issues or something but I have said repeatedly he ultimately isn't responsible for successes or failures since he wasn't the one actually making the picks. You have moved the goal posts. If YOU are going to blame him for bad picks, YOU have to give him credit for the good ones. I am not giving him credit, or blame, I'm just answering your question based in your belief that he made the bad picks. He was a part of the front office.

As far as good football insights, I don't know, I don't like memorize shit people say on Twitter and I don't have time to go hunting down old articles/tweets. If you want to dismiss a guy who worked in the NFL for 30 years, feel free. I appreciate the insight of people who actually know what they are talking about over the endless stream of media/bloggers/Twitter experts who have never set foot inside an NFL facility.
The last tweet I saw shared from him was assuring bears fans that semen will be the #2 qb on this team and the guy was cut a day later or less. Not even the 3rd stringer or getting an opportunity to play for a job. He’ll probably find a back up role somewhere maybe?

This is the quality of takes he has had recently. He probably was in tune at some point but times change.