Greg Olsen Isn’t Making Things Easy for Fox When It Comes to the Tom Brady Situation

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Tom Brady would be a good announcer but you don't know until he actually does it.
I dion't expect him to be bad at it because he'll work to be good but Olsen is still getting better as well.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I dion't expect him to be bad at it because he'll work to be good but Olsen is still getting better as well.

I'm glad they are getting these new guys in though hopefully it kicks some of the older guys into retirement like Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth, Al Michaels.

Jay Cutler would of made a good announcer in my opinion.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm glad they are getting these new guys in though hopefully it kicks some of the older guys into retirement like Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth, Al Michaels.

I just want more of the senile crew on Fox pre/post game.

Terry Bradshaw should end each segment with a confused shart.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:

Joe Buck and Al Michaels are not color guys...so not gonna happen due to Greg Olsen.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I think it'll come pretty natural to Brady. He's a vocal leader, and he knows the game. I can't say if he'll be an "upgrade" though.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Joe Buck and Al Michaels are not color guys...so not gonna happen due to Greg Olsen.
Wait, so Troy Aikman is "color?" That's funny. 100% of the time, I can't tell if Joe is talking with Troy's penis in his mouth or if Troy is talking with Joe's dong in his? They are both one terrible announcer at this point.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I DVR any game I am planning on watching. When I replay the game, I don't watch any pregame show, sideline reports, halftime show, post-game show and I fast forward (my button is set at 30 seconds) to the next play. So, I rarely ever even hear a full sentence from the announcers. I can blow through a game in 40 minutes, or less. I don't turn the sound off because I do like the crowd noise. The announcers are geared towards the casual viewer, so they rarely even say anything that I don't already know. No genius here, I just have been a fan for a long time.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I DVR any game I am planning on watching. When I replay the game, I don't watch any pregame show, sideline reports, halftime show, post-game show and I fast forward (my button is set at 30 seconds) to the next play. So, I rarely ever even hear a full sentence from the announcers. I can blow through a game in 40 minutes, or less. I don't turn the sound off because I do like the crowd noise. The announcers are geared towards the casual viewer, so they rarely even say anything that I don't already know. No genius here, I just have been a fan for a long time.for
For those of us out of market and without Direct TV, the NFL offers condensed replay games after broadcast which strips away all of that if you're ever annoyed with the manual process. For a fee, of course.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard Brady's show on SiriusXM NFL a couple of times and he's capable of doing the announcer thing but it's not like he's going to add a whole new dimension to the game.

On a loosely related note, does anyone else think Romo has gotten worse? He was pretty entertaining when he started announcing but now comes across tongue tied and sounding like he might be drunk.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Al Michaels retires soon. He is bored and disinterested and it shows in his work.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I thnk Brady wil be good at it as he will put the work i it to make sure he;s good. Unlike Romo who has had gotten lazy doing his homework since hes gotten paid.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad, I guess I misunderstood the meaning of the term color commentator. I was thinking "the color guy" was the John Madden-type and the announcer was the Pat Summerall type.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thnk Brady wil be good at it as he will put the work i it to make sure he;s good. Unlike Romo who has had gotten lazy doing his homework since hes gotten paid.
With regards to Romo, I have often wondered if someone told him to stop predicting plays lol. When I have watched him, he doesn't seem to do that anymore. It was pretty uncanny when he was though. Though it does make me wonder, what better person to hire as a defensive coordinator or defensive play-caller than a former QB...