Gregory Rousseau

Perspective

Liked Posts:

I would so love this pick up .... getting potentially the best pass rusher from the draft is so much better than getting the 5th best rated OT when there is a good chance the 11th rated OT we pick up in 3rd round will not be that much worse than the 5th rated OT in a draft known to be deep at OT

go BPA Pace

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Draft is deep at WR and OT - we can get those spots in 3rd (OT) and 4th rounds (WR)

out of Jaelen Phillips; Rousseau and Kwity Paye -2 of them will be there when Bears draft most likely .... look at how good the redskins D and the Niners D and Bucs D is because they have 3-4 studs all of whom can get after the QB .... if we want to beat Rodgers that’s the only way ....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at LT in 3. It can happen but nothing to expect.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
O-line in 1st are less likely to bust than any other position in NFL. Draft a LT in 1st.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is one we can get in the 2nd or 3rd round that could be a stud

Here's what the article says and if he's projected as an eventual starter on the left side, even as a project, he likely doesn't make round 3.

'If the Bears wanted an eventual stalwart at right tackle, this could be it.
However, his rising stock and building buzz make one think he isn’t getting out of the 2nd round. So if the Bears plan to make a move for him, it would likely be with their 52nd overall pick. '

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Where is the kid going to play? You're stuck with Robert Quinn, you still have Mack and improved on 3rd edge in rotation in Attaochu (compared to Mingo) while resigning Vaughters and still having Trevis Gipson, the reason the bears don't have a 4th round pick this year. He'd be 3rd option/rotation/situational guy and the bears cannot afford to do that with a 1st or 2nd round selection.

Also, LOL at people who think the bears can just punt getting an improvement at OT in the 3rd or 4th rounds because there isn't much difference between the 11th best tackle compared to the 5th...

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Rousseau is not very good.
Yeah, I'm not a fan either. He's regarded as an edge rusher, but much of his nation sack leading production came from shooting the gap as a tech 3.

What's interesting is just to watch the Miami pro day. The measurables were what they were, but you got to see both Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips run the same drills right next to each other. Rousseau looked quite stiff compared to the far more polished and explosive Phillips.

Personally I was very intrigued by Rousseau with him looking like a monster, having great production, then taking the year off to avoid contracting COVID. The truth is his production was a bit gimmicky. He was blowing bye guards and centers with very little technique.

Anyway, IMHO Jaelan Phillips is an inch shorter (still 6'5) 6 lbs lighter, but way more explosive and polished. He's the best edge rusher of this class by a substantial margin.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm not a fan either. He's regarded as an edge rusher, but much of his nation sack leading production came from shooting the gap as a tech 3.

What's interesting is just to watch the Miami pro day. The measurables were what they were, but you got to see both Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips run the same drills right next to each other. Rousseau looked quite stiff compared to the far more polished and explosive Phillips.

Personally I was very intrigued by Rousseau with him looking like a monster, having great production, then taking the year off to avoid contracting COVID. The truth is his production was a bit gimmicky. He was blowing bye guards and centers with very little technique.

Anyway, IMHO Jaelan Phillips is an inch shorter (still 6'5) 6 lbs lighter, but way more explosive and polished. He's the best edge rusher of this class by a substantial margin.

Yeah, Rousseau beat up on bad OLs. 9 of his 15.5 sacks against Florida St, Pitt, and Duke who's OLs were all in the bottom 35 worst pass blocking lines in the nation. FSU was one of the worst lines I've ever seen in Power 5 football in 2019. I have Rousseau as a 3rd round grade based on potential, but he didn't perform at the pro day like a guy that took a year off to just focus on getting more explosive. He was OK, but Phillips is definitely the better athlete, with more explosion and an actual plan on the field.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marc Colombo and Stan Thomas called to say hello...

Well.... I didn't want the nit pickers to point out that Colombo played several years at a moderate level in Dallas after his Bear's stint.... and yes... Stan Thomas was a big bust and a piece of shit human being... I guess I could have said the last 3 out of 4 OT's? lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Columbo was a bust for the Bears. What he did for the Cowboys is irrelevant to us