Grinding metal

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
I know they've had injuries but damn this team has been frustratingly inconsistent for over two months, going a robust 31-31 since the All-Star Break, if not for playing in the worst division in baseball they would be barely hanging on for a playoff spot. Hopefully, they can turn it on in the playoffs, because the talent is there to do some damage, they just need to get their head out of their you know what and start playing to that talent level.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know they've had injuries but damn this team has been maddening inconsistent for over two months, going a robust 31-31 since the All-Star Break, if not for playing in the worst division in baseball they would be barely hanging on for a playoff spot. Hopefully, they can turn it on in the playoffs, because the talent is there to do some damage, they just need to get their head out of their you know what and start playing to that talent level.

They remind me a lot of the 2015 Cubs and 2009 Blackhawks. Surprisingly good, and a deep playoff run (a year earlier than expected) but ultimately come up short.

We all know what happened the following years!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I know they've had injuries but damn this team has been frustratingly inconsistent for over two months, going a robust 31-31 since the All-Star Break, if not for playing in the worst division in baseball they would be barely hanging on for a playoff spot. Hopefully, they can turn it on in the playoffs, because the talent is there to do some damage, they just need to get their head out of their you know what and start playing to that talent level.
The thread title is spot on. The Field of Dreams game was exhilarating. The home dates against Tampa, Boston and Oakland were positive indicators of what they could be come playoff time but they have been frustratingly inconsistent as you stated.