ground can't cause a fumble?

BearsGr8

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Honest question; why wasn't Kmet's "fumble" called that way? Didn't the ball jar loose caused by his elbow hitting the ground?

Just want to understand how the rule is applied...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Cold Cement and Jugs Mooney looking like they deserve the hype they get here.

BearsGr8

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Okay, I get that. Kmet did not complete the catch, so it was still a live ball because it hadn't touched the ground, correct?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Daltons 1st int he threw too high

Daltons 2nd int he threw too low

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Honest question; why wasn't Kmet's "fumble" called that way? Didn't the ball jar loose caused by his elbow hitting the ground?

You have to complete the process of a catch and be touched before the ground cannot cause a fumble.... He had done neither of those things.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Asife from it being an Int not a fumble, the ground can cause a fumble if you were not touched or did not give yourself up prior to the fumble.

The statement that the ground cannot cause a fumble is based on the premide that you were touched/tackled by the defense and this once you hit the ground you are down.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Taking unnecessary shots at Mooney and JJ to stir up CCS is my bit. You will receive bills for your copyright infringement soon
Do you still think Mooney is a viable #2? He has incompletions where the ball hit his hands every week now.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Do you still think Mooney is a viable #2? He has incompletions where the ball hit his hands every week now.
I didn't see a drop from him yesterday, but yeah he's had quite a few pretty big drops to me this year. I still think he's pretty solid but needs to improve on that. He's a borderline #2/3. Kmet is a useful player but he's moving towards being pretty disappointing for what we were hoping for from him to me.