Guess Pederson trade means Rizzo will be traded

garapp

Liked Posts:
They trade Joc for a minor league first baseman. Bye Riz!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol I don't think so
I actually think he will reup even if it's for only 3 years. He's a smart guy, he has to know that his market price is not very high. He loves it here and he'll still probably still make more in 3 years than he made over the length of his last deal.

I said this before....he doesn't always hit but he makes the rest of the infield better with his glove at 1B.

Bust

Liked Posts:
They trade Joc for a minor league first baseman. Bye Riz!

Rizzo, the none mask wearing clubhouse cancer who is captain status? What was his whole reasoning for going public? There was no reason to at that point. Cubs were still in contention. Vaccinations are a hot topic, stfu. Am sure there were some right wing social media sites using Rizzo's quote to help propagate their grand plan, lol, "Oh Look a well known Pro Athlete even Agrees with us!!! He's also in a leadership position that tends to influence others.

TRADE HIM!

Even Jed was annoyed with the fact back in the day and most likely still is...

"It's disappointing to not be at 85% as a team," Hoyer said Thursday morning. "We've worked hard to try and convince or educate the people that have been reluctant. We're at a place right now -- I'm not going to give up hope we're going to get there -- my level of optimism is waning. It is disappointing."

"There's a competitive advantage we're going to miss," Hoyer said. "Being transparent about it, we're not a player away from being at 85%. It's a disappointing thing that we'll have anxieties and restrictions that others don't."

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The OP is a real strong post on how you do not build a team. A high A ball player ranked at #29 on MLB and soon to be #30 or off of it is far more likely to become a burger flipper than a MLB great.

That said the chances Jed resigns Rizzo are less than 50%. But that trade signals nothing. He could also bring Amaya up next year and pivot him and Wilson between 1B and Catcher to give them both 600 PA's and a decent rotation for catching off days.

If it was a AAA player then you could say it signaled something.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
You could trade him and still re-sign him as a free agent if you desire.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
This factors more. Jed just put the weight over Anthony's head.