Guns

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. It’s been challenging enough learning just the one. It’s a lot more difficult than I thought going in. Before I got my current rifle I had no issues out to 500 yards with a SCAR 17, a 1-4x Elcan, and BS 20 year old Malaysian surplus ammo. I figured 1000 with a more capable rifle, cartridge (6.5 Creedmoor), and more magnification (5.5-22x) I’d have no issues. Not so much.

From what I’ve read it seems like anything will get to 500yds, and anything beyond that you need a super efficient cartridge or to really really know what you’re doing. How often do you get to shoot that far?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rifle: “The Fix” by Q w/ 24” Proof Research carbon barrel and a Sandman L suppressor

Optic: Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 w/ titanium NF rings

If you’ve been shooting this long enough to form an opinion would you buy it again or do you think you’d prefer something else? I’ve read some mixed opinions about it, some of which are more about the company and owner

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
if I was going to invest in a rifle for long range I would probably take lessons. Closest range by me for that is four hours away so likely won’t be happening any time soon

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
From what I’ve read it seems like anything will get to 500yds, and anything beyond that you need a super efficient cartridge or to really really know what you’re doing. How often do you get to shoot that far?

Up until a month or two ago I used to make it out every other weekend. Now it’s more like once a month.

If you’ve been shooting this long enough to form an opinion would you buy it again or do you think you’d prefer something else? I’ve read some mixed opinions about it, some of which are more about the company and owner

I would buy it over again. It’s a better rifle than I’m a shot. Kevin hasn’t done himself many favors as far as image goes. Between AAC and Q, he has come up with some novel stuff.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any new gun stuff to report on ccs? None for me unfortunately but I can report getting to fondle a few HK’s. A friend from work has taken the last year or so to slowly switch from being a Glock fanboy to an HK fanboy. He’s traded in a Glock 30 and a few other guns for an HK VP9sk, HK 45, & P30sk. He’s gone full tilt too, getting an HK ball cap, lanyard, and replaced the Glock stickers on his car and water bottle with HK stickers. Sooper hardcore. I have gotten to shoot the VP9 & 45 so that’s a little perk. VP9 was really nice shooting and handled really well. I wasn’t super impressed by the 45 though, just meh. He says it’s all in the trigger, so he has to spend an additional $300( maybe?) for a trigger job on a ~$550 gun... Probably not for me

The energy at target is close enough with most popular hollow point rounds that the biggest concern now, by far, is shot placement and individual training. Of course there will always be arguments over personal preference but that’s completely subjective.

I’ll also piggyback on this a little. I watched a video about ballistics testing at Federal ammunition and they explained that the most important thing when choosing a self defense round is bullet expansion and penetration, in a caliber that you are comfortable shooting of course. I’ll also add a link to a luckygunner article about their own in-depth testing that is really interesting

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the haters are the ones without the guns and without the need to glorify them. You're so smart!:slap:
Just have to ask: So do you guys have any sort of martial arts training, or any ability to fight hand to hand whatsoever? If not I can't understand your guys' point of view at all, unless you guys think you're some sort of badasses, which probably isn't the case without any sort of training.

And this is coming from someone who's never even shot a gun btw. I'm just trying to figure out why you guys make fun of people who do own guns.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Any new gun stuff to report on ccs? None for me unfortunately but I can report getting to fondle a few HK’s. A friend from work has taken the last year or so to slowly switch from being a Glock fanboy to an HK fanboy. He’s traded in a Glock 30 and a few other guns for an HK VP9sk, HK 45, & P30sk. He’s gone full tilt too, getting an HK ball cap, lanyard, and replaced the Glock stickers on his car and water bottle with HK stickers. Sooper hardcore. I have gotten to shoot the VP9 & 45 so that’s a little perk. VP9 was really nice shooting and handled really well. I wasn’t super impressed by the 45 though, just meh. He says it’s all in the trigger, so he has to spend an additional $300( maybe?) for a trigger job on a ~$550 gun... Probably not for me

I’ll also piggyback on this a little. I watched a video about ballistics testing at Federal ammunition and they explained that the most important thing when choosing a self defense round is bullet expansion and penetration, in a caliber that you are comfortable shooting of course. I’ll also add a link to a luckygunner article about their own in-depth testing that is really interesting

I imagine if you Everyday Carry, the VP9 is top dog over the Glock 17- I do like the feel of the VP9 but I don't carry either. Our main pistol is a Ruger LC9---- I would like to purchase a VP9 though. It looks comfortable and practical.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Just have to ask: So do you guys have any sort of martial arts training, or any ability to fight hand to hand whatsoever? If not I can't understand your guys' point of view at all, unless you guys think you're some sort of badasses, which probably isn't the case without any sort of training.

And this is coming from someone who's never even shot a gun btw. I'm just trying to figure out why you guys make fun of people who do own guns.

Spartan just has his kids breathe the measles on the perps
And Mick just brings up Cutler and exhausts the perps

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Like my ancestors, I wield a mean sword. I also perfected the art of look-see-do before Jon Jones made it famous.

I make fun of cowards who own guns because they are cowards and, more often than not, the gun is to compensate for their lack of testicular fortitude. They live scared. Real men need not.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Like my ancestors, I wield a mean sword. I also perfected the art of look-see-do before Jon Jones made it famous.

I make fun of cowards who own guns because they are cowards and, more often than not, the gun is to compensate for their lack of testicular fortitude. They live scared. Real men need not.
Lol. Ok so you don't know how to fight. Got it.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Like all other dummies on this pathetic MB, you just invent things in your head. Reality scares you as much as living without guns scares those who cling to them.
You just said you perfected Jon Jones' style before he did. Do you expect me to believe that you have the skills of the GOAT? It's just a statement that reeks of "I trane UFC bro"

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Put this shit in B & I . I am trying to READ

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You just said you perfected Jon Jones' style before he did. Do you expect me to believe that you have the skills of the GOAT? It's just a statement that reeks of "I trane UFC bro"
Jon stole the idea from myself and others who already perfected it just as he stole the oblique kicks from Bruce Lee's style. I'm ok with it though, it's about time the great martial art of look-see-do got recognized as the greatest form of fighting.

Just to help you out going forward, it's *train.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
By all means, Oletard, I say put that last surviving brain cell to work!
IMG_3053-ANIMATION_large.gif

BACK ON TRACK ABOUT GUNS!
THOSE WITHOUT GUNS OR ANY GUNS KNOWLEDGE GTFO OR ELSE

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Jon stole the idea from myself and others who already perfected it just as he stole the oblique kicks from Bruce Lee's style. I'm ok with it though, it's about time the great martial art of look-see-do got recognized as the greatest form of fighting.

Just to help you out going forward, it's *train.

Keto Flu got you wrecked bro- Go eat a sandwich

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Haven't read the entire thread. I'm sure it's full of trolls.

I carry a M&P Shield 9mm with an Apex trigger in the summer and an CZ75 P-01 Omega in the winter.

Have you seen the new CZ P-10C?-------------9mm with full trigger pull- Even worse than my Ruger. Thinking of getting one in 2020. I'm a fan of long triggers, even for self defense.