Guns

1COBearsfan

CCS Donator
Donator
One thing I like about unions is having some holidays off that real businesses don’t get, like today. So I let the monsters sleep in a bit and took them to daycare late. And since I had some time to myself I decided to go shooting. I got to run ~75 rounds through my 1911 and ~100 rounds through both barrels of my ghost glock. If anyone is looking for a decent, inexpensive hollow point round, the Sig v-crown is cheap and performs decently in the Luckygunner ammo test

Unfortunately after I got done at the range I had to come home and do real work. Our kitchen is constantly a disaster because of little kids so I didn’t get a chance to relax

1COBearsfan

CCS Donator
Donator
I finally got a paycheck with my tool money on it. After checking in with the finance dept, I placed my order for a small frame AR jig from 5D tactical, it should be here in ~3 more weeks. They’re being overwhelmed by orders because of the political shenanigans in VA

BEARZOMBIE

Another liquor gun pick up lol. Liquor bottles depicting weapons are being discontinued so if you guys see something buy it going to be a collectible

1COBearsfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Eh, maybe. I can’t bring myself to hoard shit on the off chance it could be a collectible someday.

In other news, I got paid to manufacture a few firearms at work. I took my 5d jig to work and my supervisor and I finished our glock magazine specific lowers. That was pretty sweet. They’re polymer so it only took like 15 minutes, aluminum ones will take approximately 30 minutes

BEARZOMBIE

Yeah to add pics from your phone click the icon to the left of the smiley face above where you type posts

1COBearsfan

CCS Donator
Donator
I know the icon to post pics on the forum. I’m having trouble getting a pic to go from phone to forum, it’s too big. I’ll mess with it some more tomorrow.

I bought a small shoulder sling that has a pocket and dedicated holster in it to carry my glock. So far it’s pretty handy so far even without all the other edc items I plan to fill it with

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
I know the icon to post pics on the forum. I’m having trouble getting a pic to go from phone to forum, it’s too big. I’ll mess with it some more tomorrow.

I bought a small shoulder sling that has a pocket and dedicated holster in it to carry my glock. So far it’s pretty handy so far even without all the other edc items I plan to fill it with
I have had this issue. Just text it to yourself, download the texted picture to your phone and then upload that. It is the easiest way I have found without lowering my camera setting.

1COBearsfan

CCS Donator
Donator
I’ve been a busy bee the last few weeks. I cobbled together some scrap wood and mounted my reloading press in my garage a few weekends ago. Since then I’ve;

de-primed and sized ~150 .30-06 cases, waiting to take them to work to clean

de-primed and cleaned ~100 .45acp and ~300 9mm Luger cases

de-primed, cleanse, & full-length sized ~150 .40 s&w cases. I have bullets and power for these and I will be picking up some primers next Friday to finish that batch

I only started with .40 instead of 9mm because that was the die set I found in stock somewhere. Eventually I’ll get .45 and 9mm and roll my own in those calibers too. My plan will be to load fmj bullets until I’m satisfied that I’ve found the perfect recipe, then start loading some hollow points to carry

My plan for the .30-06 cases will be to load some ~150gr bullets and see how accurate I can get a stone stock rifle to shoot

I also have several hundred .223 cases that I’m a little undecided on. I’ll definitely load some with various bullets to AR magazine length and shoot them, and maybe work up a home defense load. I definitely, at some point, will get a .300 BLK barrel and will make my own ammo from some spare .223 cases

My dad inherited a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag when my grandfather passed away. I think I almost have him convinced to re-chamber it in 7mm SAUM and 300 PRC with a few rem/age barrels. This will be an awesome project that I can’t wait to start, much much excite