Guns

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’ve never shot anyone. I’ve had to draw it or brandish it several times.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let me preface this by saying, I don't really have an issue with guns. I respect the 2nd amendment and don't really give a shit what other people do. I don't personally own one nor will I ever as I don't see a need.

Can you explain this line of thinking to me? How many times in your life has a gun in a public situation been advantageous for you? Have you ever even drew it or had a reason to draw it in public?
Pretty much the same here. I don't own any, but I kind of think it would be fun for target practice and stuff. Maybe one day. I don't hunt, only fish so no practical need there. Although I'm not opposed to that either, just not something I ever got into.

Regardless, I can't see myself ever carrying every day. At 42, I've never had a situation come up where a firearm would help diffuse a situation I was in the middle of. Probably would only escalate things. Not trying to be an "internet badass", but I'm pretty confident that I can handle most things that would likely statistically occur in my normal day to day.

I could see maybe getting a shotgun or something for home defense, but that would be where it would stop for me. And I'll probably never even do that. At least not until the kids are grown and out of the house. Odds are much better of a horrific accident than me needing to go John Wick on a mother fucker.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Let’s just say it’s common sense you don’t pull out your gun unless you need to

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Let's just say I don't believe that is necessarily a universal law all gun owners strictly adhere to. It's been shown a person carrying is much more likely to assume others are carrying also, and perceive threats where there are none. Or perceive them to be greater than they are.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's just say I don't believe that is necessarily a universal law all gun owners strictly adhere to. It's been shown a person carrying is much more likely to assume others are carrying also, and perceive threats where there are none. Or perceive them to be greater than they are.
Yeah man. Exactly.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can you describe the scenarios where you felt it was necessary to brandish your firearm?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Can you describe the scenarios where you felt it was necessary to brandish your firearm?

I will describe one situation. I work in inner city Detroit so you pretty much know the playing field of where I’m at. I was receiving a delivery and a women comes up to the door dripping in blood. We let her in and her man comes up a few minutes later with a shotgun. I pulled out my gun he ran away. So that was to stop a domestic violence situation.

Btw police show up 4 hours later lol. Ambulance was pretty quick though. She was barefoot in the cold it’s a damn shame idk where her life is at now. Idk if he meant to kill her. Police never asked me shit and never has to go to court they just asked for video and that was it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
But do you need a gun by your side as you work out like a madman. A real madman can depend solely on his madness.

yes. it makes my dick look bigger

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So anyone care to discuss the argument between .45 and 9mm?

I'm curious what people think I lean towards .45 myself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

9mm for me.
i am better shot with it and more comfortable. i have permanent nerve damge in 6 fingers so anything bigger than 9mm is asking for trouble.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I will describe one situation. I work in inner city Detroit so you pretty much know the playing field of where I’m at. I was receiving a delivery and a women comes up to the door dripping in blood. We let her in and her man comes up a few minutes later with a shotgun. I pulled out my gun he ran away. So that was to stop a domestic violence situation.

Btw police show up 4 hours later lol. Ambulance was pretty quick though. She was barefoot in the cold it’s a damn shame idk where her life is at now. Idk if he meant to kill her. Police never asked me shit and never has to go to court they just asked for video and that was it.
Fair enough. If I worked in inner city Detroit I'd probably have a different perspective.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What's happened to Detroit breaks my heart. I used to love that city, and spent a lot of time visiting there in my youth, visiting DIA, and watching the Tigers in their prime with Alan Trammell and Sparky Anderson, all from the bleachers for $5 Cdn. That city made me fall in love with America, and it's a shame what has happened. Although it had already started back then.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Be careful. And please try and find some things that are more fulfilling than arguing with people here about dumb shit. You worked your whole life to get to the place where you can comfortably retire. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. IMO getting shitfaced and battling people here over petty stuff is not a great use of that hard earned time. I normally wouldn't get this personal, but the recent posting patterns have been a little concerning. I hope you are well.
You're a good man. I'm up to bat again in the morning. I know I've been off the rails again. Fucking 25. I'm a tough guy but....

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What's happened to Detroit breaks my heart. I used to love that city, and spent a lot of time visiting there in my youth, visiting DIA, and watching the Tigers in their prime with Alan Trammell and Sparky Anderson, all from the bleachers for $5 Cdn. That city made me fall in love with America, and it's a shame what has happened. Although it had already started back then.

The city areas you are talking about are back and it’s a blast to hang there again. But that’s downtown. The rest is still a shit hole. But downtown thanks to mayor Dugan and ex gov Schneider has been rebuilt. See what great things can happen when two different parties work together!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
What could be more fun? You never did get a read on me. Pretty sure I respect you, 51 and Lou more than any other poster. How it is and I'm sure I forgot some great posters. :shrug:

Imagine thinking that giving someone respect on a messageboard is some kind of badge of honor

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoy going to the range and collecting a bit.

I've got a S&W hammerless .357 Magnum

Walther PPK

61094.jpg

I carry between 2 of a Walther PPS .40 and a Sig Sauer 938 9mm

images

images

I also own a Bushmaster AR, an Ithaca Shotgun, and a couple others.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The city areas you are talking about are back and it’s a blast to hang there again. But that’s downtown. The rest is still a shit hole. But downtown thanks to mayor Dugan and ex gov Schneider has been rebuilt. See what great things can happen when two different parties work together!

Interesting, and good to hear. Thanks for the update.