D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any AR guys have one chambered, or have an extra barrel, in .300 blackout? Any and all first hand opinions are welcome, especially regarding subsonic ammo. Interested in something fat, slow, & quiet that can serve as a defensive gun
Nah. Not don’t currently own a can, and since I already own an AK, 300 blackout is pointless to me, unless suppressed. Too close of a performer to 7.62x39.

And even if I wanted to run an AR Truly suppressed, I’d go 9mm and shoot for less than half the price/round.

Now, 6.5 Grendel is interesting...

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know it was designed to be suppressed but I can’t bring myself to jump through the bullshit hoops to get one. I’ve seen youtube videos of a few different in-suppressed subsonic rounds that were pretty quiet.

I think my plan will be to get the shortest rifle length barrel I can for now. Then build an 80% pistol when I get the time/money

If you do end up getting a suppressor, then make sure the next thing you buy, is a good charging handle. Don’t run the Milspec, unless you hate your eyes.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you want a budget one psa always has a sale going on especially with Black Friday coming up. I myself want to see if they will put a knockout deal on their ks47 for the holidays and equip it with a binary trigger.
Just a heads up if you buy from psa buy through activejunky.com and when you buy their rifles for whatever reason when you buy the upper and lowers separate than complete rifles there is a better price which makes no sense to me

as far as ammo if you are using subsonic rounds remember you are sacrificing distance. So your stopping power is around 50 yards. Unsuppressed will still be loud so I’m not sure why use subsonic if not suppressed

another tip if you aren’t in the nfa game and don’t plan on going all in if you buy from silencer shop just use their single shot trust and it will be the simplest way to get one suppressor.

yeah, I’m waiting on Black Friday, to see how low PSA drops their lowers and parts kits. I have a complete upper just chilling in the closet, waiting to be finished. And I’ll wait to see what sales DVOR has for optics. Got a screaming deal on a Vortex Micro 3x magnifier (finally, a Featherweight, prism magnifier). But that’s staying on my rifle... Unless DVOR (or anyone else for that matter) runs a crazy sale on Trijicon ACOGs.

Figured I’d build my oldest an AR for his 21st (Next May).

Last edited:

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah. Not don’t currently own a can, and since I already own an AK, 300 blackout is pointless to me, unless suppressed. Too close of a performer to 7.62x39.

And even if I wanted to run an AR Truly suppressed, I’d go 9mm and shoot for less than half the price/round.

Now, 6.5 Grendel is interesting...

The new AR hotness is .224 Valkyrie, flatter to 1000yds and less recoil; unless you’re talking about a whitetail round. A .224 Valk barrel may find its way to my gun shelf also

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone get anything firearms related for Christmas?

I didn’t get anything directly from my family but I did order something on super ultra mega sale.

this is still valid, by the way so stock up. Receiver, magazine release, shipping to me was ~$45

I’m also going to buy this:

With a little tool allowance $$ from work and cash from the holidays.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
What am I looking at? Some sort of alcohol bottle shaped like a machine gun?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah with grenades lol. I loved the a team as a kid so it was a no brainer. I don’t drink vodka and likely never opening this just for looks for the bar

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The new AR hotness is .224 Valkyrie, flatter to 1000yds and less recoil; unless you’re talking about a whitetail round. A .224 Valk barrel may find its way to my gun shelf also
You building a Glock clone?
My brother in law just built one to skirt Marylands HQL laws. It turned out great IMO. I might build one too even though I have my HQL.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
You building a Glock clone?
My brother in law just built one to skirt Marylands HQL laws. It turned out great IMO. I might build one too even though I have my HQL.

This frame

was my Christmas gift last year and I finished it a few months later. I bought a friends Glock 27, minus the frame, for mine. I also bought a KKM 9mm conversion barrel and 2 Magpul pmags so I can shoot 2 calibers from one frame. I don’t get to shoot as much as I’d like but I have ~500 rounds through it and have only had a problem with one type of ammo, it’s eaten everything else with zero issues.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last spring Polymer80 introduced a large caliber frame for .45acp/10mm. If anyone was on the fence because of smaller calibers, here’s your middle finger to the atf

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I didn’t get anything directly from my family but I did order something on super ultra mega sale.

this is still valid, by the way so stock up. Receiver, magazine release, shipping to me was ~$45

Nothing says Christmas like firearms. Sorry Jesus

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I bought a Kimber, loaded it up with Ed Brown parts, bought a Ruger New Vaquero in 45, and finally got the Ruger Wrangler my kids were begging for, for plinking. That was the extent of my Christmas Gun Shopping.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Or TVs, Videogames, Hoverboards, and thousands in toys...
Jesus dies and we create a fat guy that breaks into your home, eats your sweets and leaves gifts...
Jesus rises from the dead and we create a rabbit that shits out eggs filled with candy.

WTF is wrong with us?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought a Kimber, loaded it up with Ed Brown parts, bought a Ruger New Vaquero in 45, and finally got the Ruger Wrangler my kids were begging for, for plinking. That was the extent of my Christmas Gun Shopping.

Fuck yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I like about unions is having some holidays off that real businesses don’t get, like today. So I let the monsters sleep in a bit and took them to daycare late. And since I had some time to myself I decided to go shooting. I got to run ~75 rounds through my 1911 and ~100 rounds through both barrels of my ghost glock. If anyone is looking for a decent, inexpensive hollow point round, the Sig v-crown is cheap and performs decently in the Luckygunner ammo test

Unfortunately after I got done at the range I had to come home and do real work. Our kitchen is constantly a disaster because of little kids so I didn’t get a chance to relax

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I finally got a paycheck with my tool money on it. After checking in with the finance dept, I placed my order for a small frame AR jig from 5D tactical, it should be here in ~3 more weeks. They’re being overwhelmed by orders because of the political shenanigans in VA