Guns

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Another liquor gun pick up lol. Liquor bottles depicting weapons are being discontinued so if you guys see something buy it going to be a collectible

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, maybe. I can’t bring myself to hoard shit on the off chance it could be a collectible someday.

In other news, I got paid to manufacture a few firearms at work. I took my 5d jig to work and my supervisor and I finished our glock magazine specific lowers. That was pretty sweet. They’re polymer so it only took like 15 minutes, aluminum ones will take approximately 30 minutes

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That’s pretty cool post up some of the work you’ve done

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there a way to post pictures directly from my phone or can I only do that from a hosting site?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I must have fat fingered some shit trying to figure out the picture thing

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah to add pics from your phone click the icon to the left of the smiley face above where you type posts

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the icon to post pics on the forum. I’m having trouble getting a pic to go from phone to forum, it’s too big. I’ll mess with it some more tomorrow.

I bought a small shoulder sling that has a pocket and dedicated holster in it to carry my glock. So far it’s pretty handy so far even without all the other edc items I plan to fill it with

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I know the icon to post pics on the forum. I’m having trouble getting a pic to go from phone to forum, it’s too big. I’ll mess with it some more tomorrow.

I bought a small shoulder sling that has a pocket and dedicated holster in it to carry my glock. So far it’s pretty handy so far even without all the other edc items I plan to fill it with

I have had this issue. Just text it to yourself, download the texted picture to your phone and then upload that. It is the easiest way I have found without lowering my camera setting.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
And finished products

Attachments

• C1F7F5F4-FF6D-4815-A977-9FBA6ACFD7CB.jpeg
    C1F7F5F4-FF6D-4815-A977-9FBA6ACFD7CB.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 0A3F43EE-2141-4707-9B21-7565E23F69B2.jpeg
    0A3F43EE-2141-4707-9B21-7565E23F69B2.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Thinking about picking up one of these bad boys.
spraygun.gif

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been a busy bee the last few weeks. I cobbled together some scrap wood and mounted my reloading press in my garage a few weekends ago. Since then I’ve;

de-primed and sized ~150 .30-06 cases, waiting to take them to work to clean

de-primed and cleaned ~100 .45acp and ~300 9mm Luger cases

de-primed, cleanse, & full-length sized ~150 .40 s&w cases. I have bullets and power for these and I will be picking up some primers next Friday to finish that batch

I only started with .40 instead of 9mm because that was the die set I found in stock somewhere. Eventually I’ll get .45 and 9mm and roll my own in those calibers too. My plan will be to load fmj bullets until I’m satisfied that I’ve found the perfect recipe, then start loading some hollow points to carry

My plan for the .30-06 cases will be to load some ~150gr bullets and see how accurate I can get a stone stock rifle to shoot

I also have several hundred .223 cases that I’m a little undecided on. I’ll definitely load some with various bullets to AR magazine length and shoot them, and maybe work up a home defense load. I definitely, at some point, will get a .300 BLK barrel and will make my own ammo from some spare .223 cases

My dad inherited a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag when my grandfather passed away. I think I almost have him convinced to re-chamber it in 7mm SAUM and 300 PRC with a few rem/age barrels. This will be an awesome project that I can’t wait to start, much much excite

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got to shoot some of my .40 and .30-06 rounds over the weekend, and still have all of my digits so that’s good. The .40 was pretty soft shooting, even at the max powder charge I used. I want to reload them again with jacketed bullets to get a better idea of what works then start loading some hollow points to start carrying. The .30-06 rounds were pretty stout, even though I used a pretty low powder charge. I need to get a better stock/chassis with some weight to it to calm it down some. But they were plenty accurate, much better than I can shoot them. I just need more trigger time

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread has been quiet for a while.

I ordered a CMMG Banshee 300 9mm in late July and it may still be another month before they get around to building and shipping it. Sort of expensive but you get what you pay for. I also got a red dot sight, a flash hider, some pop-up iron sites, a sling and I forget what all else to put on it when it finally arrives. I also somehow found some subsonic 147 grain ammo that wasn't stupidly expensive. I like the idea of an AR9 / "pistol with a brace" as a personal defense gun. It won't be super accurate past 60 yards or so but that's not what it's for, it's for maneuvering in tight spaces and not over-penetrating and for being a lot of fun at the range.

796269-CMMG_Banshee_300_MKGS_9mm_AR_Pistol_Sniper_Gray_Cerakote_99A172F-SG.jpg

In the mean time I got a Ruger 10/22 just to go plinking with as I had thousands of rounds of 22LR just sitting in the gun safe and ammo is so hard to come by these days. It's a really fun, accurate gun even with a cheap scope and there are places to go near Albuquerque where you can just go and shoot legally and the weather is rarely an issue.

Lately I've been obsessing about a full sized metal framed .45 acp just for the range, not as a carry or personal defense gun. I've researched dozens of pistols and handled a couple though most everything anyone could want is sold out every place. I love the Walther PPQ trigger and it fits in my hand like it was made for me but polymer guns all start to feel like they are a dime a dozen (not that I'd part with my CZ P10C).

What I've decided on is a full size 1911 with an adjustable rear site, fiber optic front site, front serrations, and checkering on the front and backstraps. I would cough up the dough for a Dan Wesson Pointman 45 if I could locate one. As a fallback option the Springfield Ronin would be more budget friendly but the two tone design evokes the '80s and not in a good way. Can't find one of these anyway. The DW is heirloom quality and will last a lifetime and beyond so it's my first choice.

19e_DW-Pointman-45-L-1200px.png

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I ordered a CMMG Banshee 300 9mm in late July and it may still be another month before they get around to building and shipping it. Sort of expensive but you get what you pay for. I also got a red dot sight, a flash hider, some pop-up iron sites, a sling and I forget what all else to put on it when it finally arrives. I also somehow found some subsonic 147 grain ammo that wasn't stupidly expensive. I like the idea of an AR9 / "pistol with a brace" as a personal defense gun. It won't be super accurate past 60 yards or so but that's not what it's for, it's for maneuvering in tight spaces and not over-penetrating and for being a lot of fun at the range.

View attachment 8736

In the mean time I got a Ruger 10/22 just to go plinking with as I had thousands of rounds of 22LR just sitting in the gun safe and ammo is so hard to come by these days. It's a really fun, accurate gun even with a cheap scope and there are places to go near Albuquerque where you can just go and shoot legally and the weather is rarely an issue.

Lately I've been obsessing about a full sized metal framed .45 acp just for the range, not as a carry or personal defense gun. I've researched dozens of pistols and handled a couple though most everything anyone could want is sold out every place. I love the Walther PPQ trigger and it fits in my hand like it was made for me but polymer guns all start to feel like they are a dime a dozen (not that I'd part with my CZ P10C).

What I've decided on is a full size 1911 with an adjustable rear site, fiber optic front site, front serrations, and checkering on the front and backstraps. I would cough up the dough for a Dan Wesson Pointman 45 if I could locate one. As a fallback option the Springfield Ronin would be more budget friendly but the two tone design evokes the '80s and not in a good way. Can't find one of these anyway. The DW is heirloom quality and will last a lifetime and beyond so it's my first choice.

View attachment 8735
You see Colt is bring back the Python? Always loved big ass wheel guns.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

I was on the fence about getting one in 5.7x28 because I was (and still am) a massive proponent of that cartridge. Wound up putting not doing it since I just couldn't convince myself that the 5.7x28 instead of .300 BLK was best in an AR pistol, and the options in .300 BLK are pretty endless. No complaints with the weapon itself though.

Have you thought a 10mm Banshee?

Are you talking about the .45 PPQ? Its a really nice gun. I'm a self-admitted HK snob and even I have to admit its zero dropoff from the HK45 to the PPQ with range ammo. The issues start when you move to .45 Super, but unless you're in bear country there's really no need for .45 Super.