CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
- Nagy's play calling at the end of the first half just made me want to throw things. He really needs to thank his lucky stars that the Bears won this game. I understand that Detroit had some timeouts left, but his choice of plays just left a lot to be desired.
- Today (and I'm talking league wide) proves how full of shit most people are. I can't tell you how many pieces I saw that said that defenses would be ahead of offenses. Looking around the league, it's clear that nobody really knows anything about football.
- I never said it (I believe I've read a few posters here say it), but I thought that 25 points on offense would be the magic number. Bears get to 25 points, then they will win more often than not. Except I thought they'd get to that number earlier than the last two minutes of the game.
- Kyle Fuller needs to be talked about more nationally.
- I really thought Jaylon Johnson played a solid game.
- That run defense needs some work. There's no way a guy who graduated high school the same year as my late father should have been gashing this defense.
- Remember when we had a pass rush?
- Going back to our rookie CB, he got embarrassed on a missed tackle, but for a shortened off season, I thought the tackling was alright.
- I remain puzzled by Mitch Trubisky's in game play. How the hell do you make such great throws in the fourth quarter, but you miss so poorly during the first three?
- Mitch Trubisky truthers live to see another week.
- The commitment to the run game in the first half was a welcome surprise. I realize why it was abandoned, but it was working.
- Anthony Miller. What can you say? I mean, other than why isn't he involved more early in the game?
- After almost getting murdered, did Cole Kmet play the second half?
- Jimmy Graham in one game provided more than the entire TE corps last season
- Thank you D'Andre Smith
- Seriously, D'Andre, we should send you a fruit basket.

The rest of you can add to this, but you are welcome for my insight.

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Bears: 5.6 Yards Per Rush -- OL, TE, QB and RBs did excellent job in the run game. Giving the Offense another dimension. Just need to build on it. Cohen going North and South up the middle.

Nagy bad decision at end of half -- On the Chi 11 yardline, 1:05 clock, 1 timeout. Maybe take one deep shot down the field on 1st down, but if no completion, then I think you have to run out the clock there: run the ball two downs, eat the clock, punt it. But Nagy passed the ball every down, handing Det 51 secs with 2-3 timeouts.

Travethan a step behind -- wonder if he's hurt? He was a step behind in coverage.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Cohen going North and South up the middle.
Thanks for reminding me of this point. I was a critic of Nagy doing this last year, but there was some nice plays up the middle with Cohen.

I guess I'll add another point, and I'll ask @WindyCity to weigh in here: Seemed like there were a lot of running plays were the guards were pulling. I'm not sure why that stuck out to me, but it did. Am I just forgetting this from last season, or was this a new wrinkle to the run game this year?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miller isn't always were he is supposed to be. I've he consistently has a few plays where he runs the wrong route.

The coaching staff eluded to this last year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When I said Matt Patricia wasn’t going to allow the Bears to lose I was not kidding.

the 55 yard field goal attempt instead of punting and pinning the Bears back was the difference in the game.

If the Bears have to drive 80+, the Lions likely win.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jaylon Johnson is a nice surprise. Stafford was definitely testing him and I think he held his own for a rookie. Sure, he got beat a few times in the game and got plowed over as a 'Welcome to the NFL' but overall I think we got a solid CB2 in a rookie.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’m leaning towards this is a pagano issue more so than the defense has lost a step. We have allot of resources tied up in the defense the only thing that changed is losing fangio
Bears’ D last year was without Hicks half the season, finished as one of league’s best, and fans never stopped talking about Fangio being gone.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Jaylon Johnson is a nice surprise. Stafford was definitely testing him and I think he held his own for a rookie. Sure, he got beat a few times in the game and got plowed over as a 'Welcome to the NFL' but overall I think we got a solid CB2 in a rookie.
Agree. Got beat late on throw inside the five, but looked good overall, especially for his first game

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
- Nagy's play calling at the end of the first half just made me want to throw things. He really needs to thank his lucky stars that the Bears won this game. I understand that Detroit had some timeouts left, but his choice of plays just left a lot to be desired.
- Today (and I'm talking league wide) how full of shit most people are. I can't tell you how many pieces I saw that said that defenses would be ahead of offenses. Looking around the league, it's clear that nobody really knows anything about football.
- I never said it (I believe I've read a few posters here say it), but I thought that 25 points on offense would be the magic number. Bears get to 25 points, then they will win more often than not. Except I thought they'd get to that number earlier than the last two minutes of the game.
- Kyle Fuller needs to be talked about more nationally.
- I really thought Jaylon Johnson played a solid game.
- That run defense needs some work. There's no way a guy who graduated high school the same year as my late father should have been gashing this defense.
- Remember when we had a pass rush?
- Going back to our rookie CB, he got embarrassed on a missed tackle, but for a shortened off season, I thought the tackling was alright.
- I remain puzzled by Mitch Trubisky's in game play. How the hell do you make such great throws in the fourth quarter, but you miss so poorly during the first three?
- Mitch Trubisky truthers live to see another week.
- The commitment to the run game in the first half was a welcome surprise. I realize why it was abandoned, but it was working.
- Anthony Miller. What can you say? I mean, other than why isn't he involved more early in the game?
- After almost getting murdered, did Cole Kmet play the second half?
- Jimmy Graham in one game provided more than the entire TE corps last season
- Thank you D'Andre Smith
- Seriously, D'Andre, we should send you a fruit basket.

The rest of you can add to this, but you are welcome for my insight.

All points agreed from me.

Nagys playcalling is suspect. Paganos D is a marked loss from Fangio.

I think Nagy can be a HC but he has to hire some pros. He doesn't know offense like he thinks and he isn't the smartest guy in the room.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I think Nagy can be a HC but he has to hire some pros. He doesn't know offense like he thinks and he isn't the smartest guy in the room.
Nagy is in desperate need of an ego check. You'd think the points per game that he's averaged thus far would do it, but here we are.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
some good things: 1)the running game is actually working, 2)altho the Bears offense didn't score TDs in the first half, they at least moved the ball. There weren't that many 3 and outs, 3) Mitch came alive in the 4th. Hopefully this is future Mitch and he was just dusting off the cobwebbs in the first 3 quarters

Things I'm concerned about: 1) defense run game...if AP is going to gash the defense like this, Saquon is probably running for 150 next week, 2)pass rush...it seemed like Stafford had all day, 3) Nagy needs to stop with trick plays and get Mitch going early instead of waiting until the 4th

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

idk who said it, but i read or heard someone say that the redzone play designs in the first half were Nagy but the second half redzone plays were influenced by Lazor and Flip

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Offensive line looked much better, especially run blocking. I don't remember an RB having to make a move right as they got the ball which happened regularly last year.

I think we all know this but Mitch plays well when his brain shuts off and he just reacts. But if he hasn't learned to do that consistently yet, probably not happening. That said he made a lot of decent throws in the first half that wound up incomplete.

I may be wrong but I don't think there were any RPO the whole game. More play action, more just hit the hole running the ball.

Mooney looked great. His speed is great, and his technique on both the downfield catches was great.

Nagy still can't help turding up some things, the end around, clock mgmt.

Except for Johnson I wasn't impressed by anyone on the defense. I was a big fan of the Johnson pick and he impressed. Great feel and awareness, very sticky. Fuller played alright and Mingo was better than I thought he'd be.

Hicks looked tired, Mack looked nicked up, Didn't seem like anyone came even close to getting to the QB.

Worried about Trevethan. He was markedly slower and just looked unsure of himself in coverage. I was hoping they'd retain KPL.

Anyway, hard to tell much from one game. Hope this was an aberration for the defense, if not they are going to have some big problems.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
some good things: 1)the running game is actually working, 2)altho the Bears offense didn't score TDs in the first half, they at least moved the ball. There weren't that many 3 and outs, 3) Mitch came alive in the 4th. Hopefully this is future Mitch and he was just dusting off the cobwebbs in the first 3 quarters

Things I'm concerned about: 1) defense run game...if AP is going to gash the defense like this, Saquon is probably running for 150 next week, 2)pass rush...it seemed like Stafford had all day, 3) Nagy needs to stop with trick plays and get Mitch going early instead of waiting until the 4th
I wish they would try some more hurry up stuff throughout the game honestly. Seems like Mitch can never get into a rhythm unless they are in hurry up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought Jaylon played a great game. Looked like a vet except for that welcome to the NFL moment which was actually a bit of a giggle.

Antmil looks to have arrived. No double catches, never left his feet on balls he could run through and nice routes.

Nagy screwed the pooch at the end of the 1st 1/2. outside that, Though he was way to conservative in the 3rd qrt as well. Is the lack of flow, Nagy, Mitch, scheme or a combo?

OL played more like a unit and up to the ability of the players for a change. That should only get better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wish they would try some more hurry up stuff throughout the game honestly. Seems like Mitch can never get into a rhythm unless they are in hurry up.
I think it may partially be that he's risk adverse until he has to go for it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Miller isn't always were he is supposed to be. I've he consistently has a few plays where he runs the wrong route.

The coaching staff eluded to this last year.
Sorry h8r but Miller was the only reason the bears won. Just like a lot of games last year. So telling that you somehow know his assignments and know he is not running them.

Get bent.