Gustavus Adolphus Post-Game Thoughts and Observations

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry h8r but Miller was the only reason the bears won. Just like a lot of games last year. So telling that you somehow know his assignments and know he is not running them.

Get bent.

You're welcome to your wrong opinion on Miller. Yes he was a big part of the win.....I am still correct in that he misses the occasional assignment.

greg23

Liked Posts:
few thoughts

Mooney can quickly make ginn irrelevant (maybe he already has as ginn was invisible)

Kmet was a disappointment.....don't have high hopes for him this year but like ginn seemed invisible

If the oline plays like this AND the BHVWGHC can keep calling run plays; the bears actually have a nice 3 headed compliment in the backfield (assuming cpatt keeps getting reps back there which I sure as he'll hope he does)

The d looked passive most of the game. rarely did they get pressure and Pagano is so boring and conservative on d he makes dick jaroun look like a wild man....they looked awful for 3 straight drives when det scored.

Trevatahn looked esp bad....and mack just isn't making a huge difference game in/game out...

That said...I'll reserve judgment on them until I see what they look like with quinn (assuming he isn't put on season ending ir tomorrow)

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Bears: 5.6 Yards Per Rush -- OL, TE, QB and RBs did excellent job in the run game. Giving the Offense another dimension. Just need to build on it. Cohen going North and South up the middle.

Nagy bad decision at end of half -- On the Chi 11 yardline, 1:05 clock, 1 timeout. Maybe take one deep shot down the field on 1st down, but if no completion, then I think you have to run out the clock there: run the ball two downs, eat the clock, punt it. But Nagy passed the ball every down, handing Det 51 secs with 2-3 timeouts.

Travethan a step behind -- wonder if he's hurt? He was a step behind in coverage.

Agree on your second point except the Lions still had 3 timeouts left so we couldn't just run out the clock without getting a first down, but you need to run three running plays in a row and maybe you bust one out which once you get a 1st down can kill the rest of the clock if you need to...

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
1 thing is for sure...Robinson is a legit #1 receiver and we need to lock him up.
Miller - I'm still on the fence. He has great moments and times where you say wtf.
Graham looked good, Kmet looks promising.
Nagy NEEDS to work both of these TE's into the passing game WAY more.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
1 thing is for sure...Robinson is a legit #1 receiver and we need to lock him up.
Miller - I'm still on the fence. He has great moments and times where you say wtf.
Graham looked good, Kmet looks promising.
Nagy NEEDS to work both of these TE's into the passing game WAY more.
Agreed. You got a good veteran, and the #1 TE from the draft. Plus the other guy whose name I can’t remember. Use them.