Guys, Fields honestly was not good

mecha

Liked Posts:
they got better in 2nd half

take this as a positive that the Bears have halftime adjustments now

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I need to watch the all 22 when it comes out but the one thing I didn't see Fields doing was missing open receivers. That whole first half and much of the 2nd, I didn't see any opportunities where a receiver ran open and Fields just missed it. Yes, he didn't get beyond his 2nd read several times but there was just not a lot of plays to be had. I'm interested to see if I missed any but it sure looked like when there was a play to be made in the second half, Fields found a way to make it.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terrible field conditions and weather, a great SF defense, a hodge-podge patchwork online, “Mooney is our WR1”, in a throwaway, rebuild year and Fields threw 2 TDs and won the game. I’m not sure what people are expecting but look at how HoF Aaron Rodgers played with dogshit WRs against a less stout Vikings D - supporting cast matters and Fields doesn’t have much.

I’m fucking ecstatic we won and Field’s performance given all the factors stacked against him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I said nothing about backyard football being linked to black quarterbacks. You did. Get out of here with the race baiting prick.
Would rather be a prick than a racist like you!

Fields--scrambles and gets a TD pass

Racists--Thats street ball and shouldnt count!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Rodgers threw the same pass as Fields’ first TD, it’s the best play of the week. Fields will have to live with a broken play TD for now.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It It wIf Rodgers threw the same pass as Fields’ first TD, it’s the best play of the week. Fields will have to live with a broken play TD for now.
It was a great play. Unbelievable play. And it should be a play of the week potential. But the point is that those plays don't happen often. They just don't. We can't rely on them. Great offenses need QBs to be able to make throws in the pocket to different reads in tight windows. And before you call me a racist too... this is something that Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Kyler Murray have been able to do. The fact that they can extend plays running makes them even more dynamic. Justin Fields has not shown this pocket presence attribute often enough yet.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was a great play. Unbelievable play. And it should be a play of the week potential. But the point is that those plays don't happen often. They just don't. We can't rely on them. Great offenses need QBs to be able to make throws in the pocket to different reads in tight windows. And before you call me a racist too... this is something that Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, and Kyler Murray have been able to do. The fact that they can extend plays running makes them even more dynamic. Justin Fields has not shown this pocket presence attribute often enough yet.
Lmao. You can’t rely on games being played in Hurricane Ivan either dipshit

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I need to watch the all 22 when it comes out but the one thing I didn't see Fields doing was missing open receivers. That whole first half and much of the 2nd, I didn't see any opportunities where a receiver ran open and Fields just missed it. Yes, he didn't get beyond his 2nd read several times but there was just not a lot of plays to be had. I'm interested to see if I missed any but it sure looked like when there was a play to be made in the second half, Fields found a way to make it.
Fields doesn't throw unless his receiver is open BY A COUNTRY MILE.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Because he didn't look good except for a handful of plays.
Serious question. Which QB’s have looked amazing in weather like this?
back it up with stats, similar rainfall and wind. I guess remove any street ball plays & stats because those stats don’t matter to you

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Serious question. Which QB’s have looked amazing in weather like this?
back it up wit’s stats, similar rainfall and wind. I guess remove any street ball plays & stats because those stats don’t matter to you
Dude, this is not a complicated concept.

- Fields is an unproven young QB.
- He did not have a good game in his 1st start in his 2nd year
- Unfortunately, we were not able to properly evaluate him in this start do to the horrendous weather conditions
- At the end of the season, we need him to take that next step towards being a franchise level QB. We did not get a sense in either direction after the game due to the above.

That's it! Don't read anymore into it.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dude, this is not a complicated concept.

- Fields is an unproven young QB.
- He did not have a good game in his 1st start in his 2nd year
- Unfortunately, we were not able to properly evaluate him in this start do to the horrendous weather conditions
- At the end of the season, we need him to take that next step towards being a franchise level QB. We did not get a sense in either direction after the game due to the above.

That's it! Don't read anymore into it.
Didn’t you start off by saying he didn’t look good? Lmao

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And to answer the question about bad weather QBs. The answer is Brady. He is the GOAT so it is completely unfair to compare him to anyone. But what he did against an elite Bears defense in 2010 in a fucking blizzard was incredible. And he has done that exact same thing several other times throughout his career.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And to answer the question about bad weather QBs. The answer is Brady. He is the GOAT so it is completely unfair to compare him to anyone. But what he did against an elite Bears defense in 2010 in a fucking blizzard was incredible. And he has done that exact same thing several other times throughout his career.
A blizzard isnt the same as a torrential downpour. A blizzard still allows for quick short passes that favor the offense.