Guys, Fields honestly was not good

shoez90

Liked Posts:
exactly my point. How many of you even had them winning this game? The rhetoric this whole off-season is how bad we sucked etc etc. we finally get some hope for a real change of attitude and everyone is nitpicking. So far I see positive things and others that should improve with reps and time. Did you watch the other games most other teams had guys you drool over doing same things let's have perspective is all.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears look like this in 17 games and win 13 of them, will anyone care at the end of the season... and lets say NFC champ game and loses...

We'd hate the L, but it be a hello of a first season for this new staff.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I think people forget that week 1 is always fluky in a lot of ways. Are the Bills really that good, and/or the Rams really not that good? The Bears offense looked worse than last year for a half then pulled out some big plays in the second which is what we were sorely lacking last year. You can take some things from it but i wouldn't read too deep into it. For Fields, the important thing is that he was able to make plays when needed. I'd rather have that than a guy like Andy Dalton who "knows his reads man."

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
He’s not a good pocket passer right now and I wasn’t really expecting him to be. Hopefully he improves each week and gets better by the end of the year because the talent is obviously there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Love the all22's, can you or someone make a thread with them when they come out?

They are a pain as for some reason whenever I do vids or take screen shots they are too large for the shit and is a hassle trying to compress then.

Assume JT Sullivan will do a review of the game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude, this is not a complicated concept.

- Fields is an unproven young QB.
- He did not have a good game in his 1st start in his 2nd year
- Unfortunately, we were not able to properly evaluate him in this start do to the horrendous weather conditions
- At the end of the season, we need him to take that next step towards being a franchise level QB. We did not get a sense in either direction after the game due to the above.

That's it! Don't read anymore into it.

Yeah sorry I disagree. Coming back from a horrendous first half and gutting out a win is franchise QB quality.

Cutler and Trubisky were famous for letting things spiral out of control. Fields showed he could gut out a tough win.

And to answer the question about bad weather QBs. The answer is Brady. He is the GOAT so it is completely unfair to compare him to anyone. But what he did against an elite Bears defense in 2010 in a fucking blizzard was incredible. And he has done that exact same thing several other times throughout his career.

Heavy rain is worse due to the field and ball being incredibly wet.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
3 future HOF QBs have made a living on broken play, scramble drills: Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Mahomes. I'll add Favre to that list. There are many others. We praise them for their abilities to evade the rush, keep the play alive, and find the open man. They do this game after game. I know because I've seen Rodgers and Favre do it way too many times against our beloved. 3rd and long and it's heartbreak for us.

And yet when our own QB does it, it's not sustainable???

Oh, and this should've been a more lopsided win since we left 5 points on the table with the fluke penalty on the field goal and the 2 missed extra points. Game should've ended 24-10.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He gets a pass. Weather conditions… Great 49ers defense. 1st game in the system. Limited WR depth, etc.

That said, he looked bad except for scrambling playing backyard football. And that type of play is not sustainable. He just does not look comfortable going through his reads and finding open receivers. This must change if he is going to be a franchise QB.

I didn't see the all of the first half. I spoke to ppl who did and they said Fields got no pass pro in the first half.
Consistent good Pass pro
is the key to "going through his reads and finding open receivers." Right?

I don't call it "backyard football" I call it creating more time for the wr's to get open. And or being a play-maker.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't see the all of the first half. I spoke to ppl who did and they said Fields got no pass pro in the first half.
Consistent good Pass pro
is the key to "going through his reads and finding open receivers." Right?

I don't call it "backyard football" I call it creating more time for the wr's to get open. And or being a play-maker.

Yeah this isnt true. Pass pro was fine. He was holding the ball too long which appeared to be due to lack of guys getting open.

Bears fans will always blame the OL no matter what.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listen I’ll be the first to call him a bust if that’s what he is. But the Bears did everything possible to make him look horrible. They got the worst coaching candidate in recent memory whos defensive minded, did not add any good Olineman to one of the worst lines in the league and he’s out there passing to devin Hester and Rasheed Davis talent level receivers. He might be a bust but for fucks sake it’s hard to grade the guy
Worst coaching candidate? What I have seen throughout this preseason and game one is probably the best coached and most disciplined team the bears have had since forever

Very few penalties not beating themselves a team that battles for field position a great defence that did great gap control against a very good team

If that's the results of the "worst" coaching candidate I'd love too see the best

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@0:42 pocket breakdown
@1:23 the DT got pass the Right Guard

Justin Fields' best plays in Week 1 win - Chicago Bears

You said 1st half. 42 is the 3rd quarter ie not the first half. He also had enough time there as he hiked at 40 and has to turn and scramble at 44 which is almost 4 seconds. No play is designed for the QB to hold the ball 4 seconds.

1:23 he again has more than enough time to get rid of ball.

They had an 88% PBWR.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
@0:42 pocket breakdown
@1:23 the DT got pass the Right Guard

Justin Fields' best plays in Week 1 win - Chicago Bears

You said 1st half. 42 is the 3rd quarter ie not the first half. He also had enough time there as he hiked at 40 and has to turn and scramble at 44 which is almost 4 seconds. No play is designed for the QB to hold the ball 4 seconds.

1:23 he again has more than enough time to get rid of ball. MY BAD it was @4:23 where the DT got pass the Right Guard NOT @1:23

They had an 88% PBWR.

88% PBWR I don't need this I know how to study film and what to look for in pass pro schemes.

I said I was told the protection wasn't good in the 1st half. >>>>#93
@0:42 it's a 4 man rush vs 5. Don't tell me ya can't get up to 4 seconds of pass pro (I've had personal experience with a 4 vs 5 pass pro, so I know. You've never played FBall or Qb so I doubt u know ) The pocket collapsed @0:42. But JF bought time for the wr's.

@0:03 the pocket again collapses vs just a 4man rush vs 5 man pass pro.
@3:05......again 4 man rush vs 5 pass pro and the RE makes a beeline to JF UN-BLOCKED.
@3:37 'chip bloc' by the back. Again 4 man rush vs 5 pass pro. Let's not even talk about the opponent bringing a 5-6 man blitz package.

This OL can't even 5 man pass pro vs just 4 rushers ( lucky we have a Qb like JF, who can extend plays.) I'm done here. But I know u want the last word, so go ahead.

Correct 6min video here

Highlights: Bears vs. 49ers | 2022 Week 1​

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj-7r7Tpo76AhWFg4kEHT6YC0EQwqsBegQIBBAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicagobears.com%2Fvideo%2Fhighlights-bears-vs-49ers-2022-week-1&usg=AOvVaw2jzMtT06coBdlI2NtFESlj

MY BAD it was @4:23 where the DT got pass the Right Guard NOT @1:23

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah sorry I disagree. Coming back from a horrendous first half and gutting out a win is franchise QB quality.

Cutler and Trubisky were famous for letting things spiral out of control. Fields showed he could gut out a tough win.

Heavy rain is worse due to the field and ball being incredibly wet.
Yes, coming back and playing well is a good thing. And saving your best performance for last is great as long as the overall performance is enough to win. But the point is that if the first half is bad enough, there is a good chance that the deficit will often be too large to overcome. So we can't have too many of these types of first halves. As Bears fans, we have seen our fair share of dismal performances where we had like 20 total yards at half time.

For an extreme example, I think everyone knew that while Tebow was great during the last drive of a game, and lead his team to victory a handful of times during that 2011 season... that in reality it was not sustainable. Because his overall performance was not good enough to win and it was going to catch up with them. No matter how great of a leader he was, putting up 10 points a game even if they were all in the last 4 minutes of the game, was not going to cut it.

Justin Fields is not Tebow. He has more QB ability in just about all aspects. And he already is producing more than him. But even still, completing less than 50 percent of your passes for 121 yards is not going to win most games.

And again, he gets a pass because of the weather. And because it was the first game in a new system. But going forward, the overall production has to be better. You and I both know this.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Also, as well as the weather goes, let's not pretend like the entire game was played like the last 10 minutes or so. It started downpouring basically right after the Bears went up 19-10. Up until that point, it was a lousy rainy day but nothing like that.