KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
“You see so many guys get to the end of their careers, their successful careers, and now they’re trying to chase a ring,” Clinton-Dix said. “I have the opportunity to do that in my prime. If you ask me, Chicago was an Eddie Jackson away from winning a Super Bowl last year. So if there was any way I could come on to this team and contribute and make plays and get my name back out there, I’m excited about that.”
I don't think if Eddie Jackson was healthy we would have won the superbowl. We might have made it to the big dance, but the Patriots would have beaten us. What do you think? Is Dix on to something?

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
“You see so many guys get to the end of their careers, their successful careers, and now they’re trying to chase a ring,” Clinton-Dix said. “I have the opportunity to do that in my prime. If you ask me, Chicago was an Eddie Jackson away from winning a Super Bowl last year. So if there was any way I could come on to this team and contribute and make plays and get my name back out there, I’m excited about that.”
I don't think if Eddie Jackson was healthy we would have won the superbowl. We might have made it to the big dance, but the Patriots would have beaten us. What do you think? Is Dix on to something?

Translation: "Playing on this defense will make my numbers better, and earn me more money after my one year deal."
Good...go get it!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I believe we were a made FG away from the SB. I also think if our TE wasn't such a puss that would have helped too.

True to both accounts.

But if Eddie plays that game against foles he gets like 2 INT's just to himself. Foles was telegraphing passes and throwing shitty lobs all game long. Eddie woulda had a field day with his range.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
An Eddie jackson and an actually kicker away.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
True to both accounts.

But if Eddie plays that game against foles he gets like 2 INT's just to himself. Foles was telegraphing passes and throwing shitty lobs all game long. Eddie woulda had a field day with his range.

Foles's wounded ducks were killing me

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True to both accounts.

It also wasn't a coincidence that Kyle wasn't being aggressive with receivers because he didn't have his safety net back there to cover with his incredible range.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Translation: "Playing on this defense will make my numbers better, and earn me more money after my one year deal."
Good...go get it!

This. Best for the Bears? Dix rides this gravy train to the Super Bowl. Choo choo! This is one of the perks of having a charismatic young coach and a winning team!

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, just two years ago haters were crying about how guys didn’t want to come to a Chicago. How times have changed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want to know Dix best offer.

If it was higher than 2 in 10 or 6 for 1 I don’t think he should have.

But two for ten he can beat by betting on himself. He is capable of hitting 75 tackles, 5 isn’t, and taking a couple to the house. Playmaker. His speed is probably better suited at SS but I think pagano knows how to use what he has.

Feasible he gets 4 for 40+ if this goes right, maybe even from bears mid season.
This is gonna be fun. You can always insert or include Bush when you need thunder.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
That’s why depth is so important. Losing 1 guy not playing QB should cost a game, let alone a Super Bowl.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know, just two years ago haters were crying about how guys didn’t want to come to a Chicago. How times have changed.

I don't understand how that was hating. If things have changed, it means they were being honest and Pace was a bit handcuffed.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I still maintain that the Bears were one Parkey kick away from making the Super Bowl.

They would’ve had their one bad playoff game behind them, and that defense wasn’t going to be stopped.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Please, we scored 15 points, nine of them by Parkey.

Intercepted Foles twice and still lost.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It also wasn't a coincidence that Kyle wasn't being aggressive with receivers because he didn't have his safety net back there to cover with his incredible range.

Oh Eddie about to get paid lol. When negotiations start he'll just show the Eagles game as the reason they need to keep him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That’s why depth is so important. Losing 1 guy not playing QB should cost a game, let alone a Super Bowl.

It didn't. We lost 3 guys. Eddie, Burton, and then our kicker decided to defect to the opposition when it mattered most...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I believe we were a made FG away from the SB. I also think if our TE wasn't such a puss that would have helped too.

Yeah there was a few things that weren't going our way for that Philly game. Parkey is the obvious, if Callhan was playing instead of McManis would G.Tate of been open and caught that go ahead...i keep getting confused if it was the go ahead TD or 2 point conversion but you guys know the play i'm talking about, T.Burton not being able to play and then of course E.Jackson being out, and actually there were many questions about if he could have played but Nagy took the chance and gave him another game off.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That one touchdown was the only one McManis gave up in the games he replaced Callahan. The defense as a whole had a good outing but each of our DBs took turns fucking up on individual plays. Hard to fault any of them for any single given play. They are human beings not robots and its not often a player has a perfect game either. The other team believe it or not employs professional athletes too that are paid to make plays.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I still don't think we would have gotten past the Patriots.