Hackett to Broncos

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think DEN would give them 3 firsts. Maybe a 1st, a 2nd and Jeudy.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I dont think you can get three 1sts for a 38 yr old QB. One 1st and maybe a 3rd or 2nd round pick IMO.
You might be right. I am just going by what they are talking about on ESPN right now. They think the Broncos are going to throw the kitchen sink at the Packers.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't think DEN would give them 3 firsts. Maybe a 1st, a 2nd and Jeudy.
Remember the Colts gave up what a 1st and 3rd for wentz. I think Rodgers would get at least 2 1sts and a 2nd plus a jeudy or another solid rookie contract

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Remember the Colts gave up what a 1st and 3rd for wentz. I think Rodgers would get at least 2 1sts and a 2nd plus a jeudy or another solid rookie contract
Could be. Maybe two firsts and Jeudy, who still has 2 years left on his rookie deal.

Also if Rodgers demands out from GB I think that gives DEN some leverage.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Why would they take on a guy like Patrick, for example, who only has a three year deal if they are going into rebuild?

They will want to cleat cap space. If they traded Rodgers and cut all their high priced vets - that's both Smiths, Cobb, and Amos - they would have about $16mil in cap space. They will need probably at least $6-8mil for rookies and they probably have players they want to resign, maybe Tonyan, Campbell, Douglas.

Just seems like a strange fit. Certainly could see Jeudy.
they may want patrick they may not, depends on who they ask for in a trade...patrick has been a pretty good wr and at ~8 mill thats a pretty good deal, going to the packers who have no starting wr's under contract so having a consistent ball catcher would make sense imo since jeudy is still a wildcard.

as for space, from otc, pack are -40 mill...rodgers being traded post june will save them 27 mill, z smith saves them 15 mill, p smith saves them 12 mill so these 3 moves alone will give them 14 mill in cap space...
cutting cobb, lewis will net another 8-10 mill, then you have alexndar whos on 5th yr option and will undoubtedly be extended lowering his cap hit prob 10 mill or so
so yea draft class lets say 10 mill, pack should have 22 mill without taking on patrick's cap hit and if they really want to, they can restructure clark and give themselves another 10 mill or so...i think they are flush with space in future years so if they want to push the can down the road they easily can.

i hope they forgo rebuilding because they'll be stuck in mediocrity as i dont see love being a franchise qb.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Denver will not trade a player in this deal unless it’s a negative asset type player. They are mortgaging their future for a 39 year old qb window will be right now. To think they would drop one of Rodgers best weapons in the deal (JJ) is foolish.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Rodgers would be going from 17 years of bumslaying the NFC North to playing in a division where his rival QB's are Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr....go ahead Aaron, let's see how you do where 4-6 wins aren't gimmes each year.

This is why I don’t think he leaves. With Brady retiring he would be the clear cut best QB in the conference not just the division. Going to the AFC is a gauntlet just to get to the Super Bowl.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why would they take on a guy like Patrick, for example, who only has a three year deal if they are going into rebuild?

They will want to cleat cap space. If they traded Rodgers and cut all their high priced vets - that's both Smiths, Cobb, and Amos - they would have about $16mil in cap space. They will need probably at least $6-8mil for rookies and they probably have players they want to resign, maybe Tonyan, Campbell, Douglas.

Just seems like a strange fit. Certainly could see Jeudy.
They could get Patrick Surtain to pair with J.Alexander and maybe even still get Jeudy or Hamler and draft picks.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Simple take:
If we brings Rodgers.. good hire.. if he doesn't... cringe face emoji

dennehy

Liked Posts:
they may want patrick they may not, depends on who they ask for in a trade...patrick has been a pretty good wr and at ~8 mill thats a pretty good deal, going to the packers who have no starting wr's under contract so having a consistent ball catcher would make sense imo since jeudy is still a wildcard.

as for space, from otc, pack are -40 mill...rodgers being traded post june will save them 27 mill, z smith saves them 15 mill, p smith saves them 12 mill so these 3 moves alone will give them 14 mill in cap space...
cutting cobb, lewis will net another 8-10 mill, then you have alexndar whos on 5th yr option and will undoubtedly be extended lowering his cap hit prob 10 mill or so
so yea draft class lets say 10 mill, pack should have 22 mill without taking on patrick's cap hit and if they really want to, they can restructure clark and give themselves another 10 mill or so...i think they are flush with space in future years so if they want to push the can down the road they easily can.

i hope they forgo rebuilding because they'll be stuck in mediocrity as i dont see love being a franchise qb.
Patrick is ok, a #2 WR for sure. I 'd rather have Jeudy's upside and lower cost if I am rebuilding.

They probably aren't going to trade Rodgers post June because the team they trade him to will want that to happen before the draft, as will the Packers so they get picks this year. Who knows for sure but spotract has them at -$46m and trading Rodgers clearing $20. Extending Alexander will give them something, but not close to $10m because his ayv is going to be in the $14m range and he will require a pretty strong prorated bonus to get some money up front. So it's possible but it still leaves a mediocre team with no QB, very think at EDGE and WR, really think almost everywhere except OL and RB.

They are not in a great position either way.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
They would need to trade for Rodgers so they could attach a big money guy if the Packers would be up for it. Sutton would be a solid consolation prize for losing Adams. Besides, if the Denver is looking to pull this off, they're only concerned with the next 2 years really anyway.
I believe they are in a good salary cap situation. It will take draft picks to get Rodgers! Aaron best think this move through afc west isn’t the nfc north he isn’t going to just have six wins in the devision every year. Outside of the broncos every team has a good QB IMO!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I believe they are in a good salary cap situation. It will take draft picks to get Rodgers! Aaron best think this move through afc west isn’t the nfc north he isn’t going to just have six wins in the devision every year. Outside of the broncos every team has a good QB IMO!
Such a loser's mentality though. If you're in it to win it, you'd welcome all comers and have confidence in yourself and your team to come out on top regardless of how good the division is.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
I bet Denver trades the 9th and 40th pick from this years draft plus a 2023 first for Rodgers.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing I can't get past with the Packers cap situation is that if they keep Rodgers, they can't afford Adams and he has no one to throw to. It seems inevitable that they move on. Their cap is a mess next season.

Soterod

Liked Posts:
Such a loser's mentality though. If you're in it to win it, you'd welcome all comers and have confidence in yourself and your team to come out on top regardless of how good the division is.
Do you think that is Aaron’s mentality? Serious question? From my side of the tv he looks and sounds like he is always pointing fingers as if it’s never his fault just what I think. This years packer team was damn good and they are one and done . Aaron has always showed of beating the bottom feeders but does say much when he gets pushed around by top tier teams. Just my two cents.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
This is why I don’t think he leaves. With Brady retiring he would be the clear cut best QB in the conference not just the division. Going to the AFC is a gauntlet just to get to the Super Bowl.

Have you heard Rodgers talk? The man's ego is the size of Sears Tower. He's not scared to go to a more competitive divison. If anything, his ego is going to help make his decision to leave Green Bay. He's been sick of that franchise for years, and this loss last Saturday was the nail in the coffin.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I doubt Aaron Rodgers is scared of going to a division.

Besides, Denver has a very good roster and plenty of cap space for Rodgers and a couple other higher level FAs.
Why would Rodgers…the “ULTIMATE COMPETITOR” be afraid of the defenses of K.C ( lost 5 games) Chargers (lost 8 games) Raiders (lost 7 games) better competition makes your team better I always heard. This would be a perfect fit for Rodgers.