HaHa Staying?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
We played Eddie Jackson at SS because of him, I'd rather see someone who's more of a run stopper like Amos.

I like the idea of two ball hawks back there.

One Team

Liked Posts:

Haven't posted here for a long time after the mods decided to open the jail and allow this free for all... but for football discussion think that the importance of the Bears secondary cannot be understated. In my football fan opinion, this is the absolute key element that this teams drives off. Get those big turnovers, change momentum and field position and the team feeds off of this. I believe that a dominant secondary can seriously change the fortunes of this team over a season...would even make Leno look better.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like the idea of two ball hawks back there.

I wouldn't be mad but I'd rather Bears get a guard with that money if anyone good is available.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
If they pay HHCD big money that is a huge vote of no confidence in Nagy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't think "big money" is in play for HHCD. He took a cheap deal last season and I don't see any reason to think he would all of a sudden be in line for a "big money" deal.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We played Eddie Jackson at SS because of him, I'd rather see someone who's more of a run stopper like Amos.

Yep, never been a Haha fan. But he did sign for cheap last year. I hope Pace didn't re-sign him at market value.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Yes, HaHa is the reason that happened.

Or maybe its pagano.

You do realize Eddie also played in the slot much more than he ever did in his career?

You're sounding like remy again. Even if we get a SS, Pagano likes to interchange them.

Eddie is capable of doing everything. Not many safeties in this league are. There was zero issues with the safeties this year, the issues were PRESSURE

You get a pass rush and Eddie will get turnovers no matter where he lines up.

msadows

Liked Posts:
SS play is nowhere near as important as having Hicks healthy and finding an OLB opposite of Mack that actually gets to the QB

Woah. Someone who isn't an idiot on this board.

The reality is, whoever you put back there, EJackson will STILL be lining up in the slot and in the box. He's just so versatile it would be stupid not to. He's literally the best safety in football at EITHER SS/FS, and shit he's probably better than most teams nickel corners.

This defense was epic in 2018 because of the constant pass rush. Near the end of 2019 we got barely any pressure on the QB's so obviously it's going to change the turnover numbers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it happens, it will have more to do with teams not being able to do research of visits and pro days than the draft itself which could easily be done in a teleconference fashion with vid clips, commentary etc to keep it entertaining enough for TV.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
SS play is nowhere near as important as having Hicks healthy and finding an OLB opposite of Mack that actually gets to the QB
yup. I’d be fine with a rookie SS going through some growing pains if it meant getting a legit OLB. It’s just not as important of a position. Pagano had Eddie covering one WR way too much. He needs to be in a read and react role to the whole defense. Not just one guy

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah, seems he didnt increase his value. But if the pass rush is better this year, him & Jackson need to have a lot more big plays.

Don’t forget fuller too. Actually, everyone’s INTs were down. A pass rush is vital to the secondary.