hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I have to agree that was one of the most unusual finishes in cup history, I knew right away Kaner scored but it still was very odd the whole sequence.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew it.
I also have the puck.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lol no you didnt

No one did
Not sure what you were watching then, his reaction was everything. Kaner knew exactly where he was placing that shot on the goal. Leighton wasn’t expecting a shot at that type of angle.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure what you were watching then, his reaction was everything. Kaner knew exactly where he was placing that shot on the goal. Leighton wasn’t expecting a shot at that type of angle.

Not buying it, liar... you were confused just like everyone else. Stop trying to act superior.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whenever I’m in doubt about something in life I look to the Captain for guidance. So when I was in doubt about whether Kane had scored or not I looked to the Captain for his reaction. Once I saw him celebrating on the ice, I knew the 49 year streak had ended and that the Stanley Cup had been won

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
the only options last night were rewatching the 2010 cup games on NBC or watching millionaires say what the black community demands. It kinda blew that NBC gave away the finishes in their descriptions, but that goal should have gotten some moniker like "the shot". Kaner had no room, wicked angle, and watching him celebrate and the TV crew being 5 seconds behind was one of my fondest moments in sports on TV.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Leighton -- what a terrible goal, lol. It's funny because I thought Philly had the better of the play at the end of the third and in OT.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Leighton -- what a terrible goal, lol. It's funny because I thought Philly had the better of the play at the end of the third and in OT.

Yeah, that puck had no business going into the net. Incredibly lucky goal. But hey, it works both ways. It wasn't too many years later that the Hawks lost a 7 game series to the Kings as 75% of the King goals were redirects....including the series winner.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that puck had no business going into the net. Incredibly lucky goal. But hey, it works both ways. It wasn't too many years later that the Hawks lost a 7 game series to the Kings as 75% of the King goals were redirects....including the series winner.

Oh man, that Martinez goal still gives me nightmares. By far the worst goal of my entire life as a Hawks fan. Even though the Hawks lost, that was one of the best NHL playoff series I've ever seen. Damn we should have had that Cup -- we would have destroyed NY.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Philly was no pushover, they had a very strong team, the glaring weakness was Leighton. There were times in the series the Flyers were dominating our Hawks at both ends of the ice. There is no doubt our Hawks were solid in all aspects of there lineup, but I will say if and that’s a big if, the Flyers had better goaltending things could’ve been way different. Our Hawks tended to lean back a little to much at times and the opponent took advantage, but the explosiveness in the Hawks scoring ability was a game changer, they could score goals left right and Center.(like the Calgary game after being down 5-1). I will admit there were moments in the series I had some doubts, even as strong as the team was, the Hawks were still kids and it showed flashes of it throughout.
I will agee, I remember Philly was pouring it on at the end of the third and start of OT, my wife left the room because I was starting to lose my marbles. I thought they were going to blow it and head back to Chicago.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Oh man, that Martinez goal still gives me nightmares. By far the worst goal of my entire life as a Hawks fan. Even though the Hawks lost, that was one of the best NHL playoff series I've ever seen. Damn we should have had that Cup -- we would have destroyed NY.
As shitty as that goal was, I knew when the Hawks blew there chance in overtime when Sharp missed an open net on the PP, it would come back to haunt them and it did. Once again I will agree with you, not because I am a Hawks fan until the end, but If you love the game of hockey, that Hawks Kings series had to be the best series in the last 10 years, it was incredible, back and forth, for 7 games.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It was a dogfight, for sure but only because of the way the puck bounced. I have never seen more cheesy goals by one team in a playoff series.....some of it was on Crawford, some on the way they kept backing in and allowing point shots but the majority was just the puck always bouncing the Kings way. I'll put it this way....if the Hawks would've gotten the same bounces the Kings got.....the Hawks would've killed them.