Harbaugh advocates - would you want him as HC..... if it meant you had to keep Pace as GM?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's say you're George McCaskey. Despite how much hate he has gotten, you really love your Ryan Pace. But he just has been shit when it comes to picking a coach and his taste in first round picks is debatable bordering on foolish.

Jim Harbaugh knows there is a potential opening coming and has indicated interest, which gets your whole insular "Bearssss" way of doing things vibing.

Of course, to lure him here, he wants power.

While all this is going on, you got Tony Dungy and Bill Polian in your ear telling you to fire Pace for the good of the team.

Of course, you're George fucking McCaskey, the Great Collaborator, still running this fucking joint like its 1955.

Do you think, in your infinite McCaskey wisdom, decide you can have your cake and eat it too?

You give Jim Harbaugh the HC role AND ALL FINAL DECISIONS ON THE ROSTER, meaning he has the final say on what to do and who to draft, which keeps Ryan in check, and then count on Jim to stop giving a fuck by draft rounds 3-4, which gives wheeling and dealing Ryan Pace time to work his late round magic?

By George, you've outsmarted them all again! No way this could end up just like Harbaugh's last stint with the 49ers....... could it???

So what do you all think - Harbaugh with total control of the team, but keep Pace as his GM/Errand Boy...

IF this happened, what do you think?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Would definitely need someone else like Smith in the front office along with Pace. And Harbaugh definitely gets ZERO veto power. If he doesn’t like it, let him have the raiders job…

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Let's say you're George McCaskey. Despite how much hate he has gotten, you really love your Ryan Pace. But he just has been shit when it comes to picking a coach and his taste in first round picks is debatable bordering on foolish.

Jim Harbaugh knows there is a potential opening coming and has indicated interest, which gets your whole insular "Bearssss" way of doing things vibing.

Of course, to lure him here, he wants power.

While all this is going on, you got Tony Dungy and Bill Polian in your ear telling you to fire Pace for the good of the team.

Of course, you're George fucking McCaskey, the Great Collaborator, still running this fucking joint like its 1955.

Do you think, in your infinite McCaskey wisdom, decide you can have your cake and eat it too?

You give Jim Harbaugh the HC role AND ALL FINAL DECISIONS ON THE ROSTER, meaning he has the final say on what to do and who to draft, which keeps Ryan in check, and then count on Jim to stop giving a fuck by draft rounds 3-4, which gives wheeling and dealing Ryan Pace time to work his late round magic?

By George, you've outsmarted them all again! No way this could end up just like Harbaugh's last stint with the 49ers....... could it???

So what do you all think - Harbaugh with total control of the team, but keep Pace as his GM/Errand Boy...

IF this happened, what do you think?
No for me. Pace needs to go out the door or go over to the "non-football side to work on stadium. Not big on Jim.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace: General Manager.
Jim Harbaugh: Head Coach
Sean Desai/Vic Fangio (if fired): Defensive coordinator.
?????: Offensive coordinator.

I can get on board with this for a few reasons.

First - Ryan has shown an ability to identify talent in the draft. Yes, yes, yes, yes, he drafted Mitch and Kevin White. They were busts. Blah blah blah, GET OVER IT. The first round is ALWAYS a crapshoot. Get over it. Hear me out.

Harbaugh can mold talent, unlike Matt Nagy. Nagy has never played to his QB's strengths. Never. Harbaugh gets the most out of his players. He can turn average players into Pro Bowl years. There's something special about his coaching that improves everyone in that locker room.

So, I think Harbaugh can do a lot of great things with our current (and future) players. I think he is wise enough to know how to utilize Justin Fields. All he has to do is ring the phone and get feedback from his brother John, who has a similar player named Lamar Jackson.

Harbaugh knows we need to start in the trenches, so I think the OL would see much improvement.

Having Desai or (better yet) Fangio would be a bonus. Not sure of his relationship with Fangio these days, but I am sure they at least respect each other.

And we will know for sure if Pace sucks or not, if Nagy sucks or not, or if both sucks or not.

But I would definitely welcome Harbaugh with open arms, with Pace or not.

Just because he can truly build a team into a winner. He can turn boys into men. That is what the Bears need. A fierce coach.

Plus, he used to play for Chicago, so he already knows what is expected of him.

In Jim Harbaugh I trust, with Ryan Pace or not.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure every HC candidate knows what’s expected of them…lol. TO WIN.

What matters is can they actually do it.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh wants control and the Bears ultimately dont have the balls to give that to him. I dont care how much they say they will. Sort of like Nagy saying he's not calling plays when we all know he did for the major bulk of the season. George doesn't have the guts to enforce this stuff. Plus you have more ego in Pace and his decisions (see Trubisky).

Harbaugh knows that and he would never come to the Bears.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace: General Manager.
Jim Harbaugh: Head Coach
Sean Desai/Vic Fangio (if fired): Defensive coordinator.
?????: Offensive coordinator.

I can get on board with this for a few reasons.

First - Ryan has shown an ability to identify talent in the draft. Yes, yes, yes, yes, he drafted Mitch and Kevin White. They were busts. Blah blah blah, GET OVER IT. The first round is ALWAYS a crapshoot. Get over it. Hear me out.

Harbaugh can mold talent, unlike Matt Nagy. Nagy has never played to his QB's strengths. Never. Harbaugh gets the most out of his players. He can turn average players into Pro Bowl years. There's something special about his coaching that improves everyone in that locker room.

So, I think Harbaugh can do a lot of great things with our current (and future) players. I think he is wise enough to know how to utilize Justin Fields. All he has to do is ring the phone and get feedback from his brother John, who has a similar player named Lamar Jackson.

Harbaugh knows we need to start in the trenches, so I think the OL would see much improvement.

Having Desai or (better yet) Fangio would be a bonus. Not sure of his relationship with Fangio these days, but I am sure they at least respect each other.

And we will know for sure if Pace sucks or not, if Nagy sucks or not, or if both sucks or not.

But I would definitely welcome Harbaugh with open arms, with Pace or not.

Just because he can truly build a team into a winner. He can turn boys into men. That is what the Bears need. A fierce coach.

Plus, he used to play for Chicago, so he already knows what is expected of him.

In Jim Harbaugh I trust, with Ryan Pace or not.
Dick Jauron was a poor head coach for the Bears. but there are 2 certainties in life: 1) his tenure was better than Dave Wannstedt's 2) CCS Dick Jauron speaks the truth.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes it means Pace is Harbaugh’s bitch.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure every HC candidate knows what’s expected of them…lol. TO WIN.

What matters is can they actually do it.
No true. Bears head coaches are hired to find the Why’s. Unfortunately they still haven’t been found.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I'd take it in an instant. Harbaugh can develop players. Hopefully, he can recognize that the defense is pretty good (minus the need for a SS and maybe a CB2/CB3 - albeit Burns/Graham Jr. may be the answers).

Plus, as a QB who handled the Chicago media... he might be the coach Fields needs.