Has anyone seen the Mooney?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Mooney has had 5 total targets thus far.

his season stats after 2 games. 2 catches for 4 yards, LOL!

2022 SEASON STATS​

• REC
  • YDS
  • TD
  • AVG

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude, if you're doing that sort of title...

Show me the Mooney!

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
The entire passing offense has been invisible.
Clearly Kmet and Mooney don't exist. Neither do quick passes or the perma. elusive slant.

Nothing. It's either deep or fuck all.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
His lone deep target was pathetic. DB was running backwards staying stride for stride with him. His stutter didn't fool him. Fields looks like he hasn't practiced with him at all. Optimistic view of the overthrow, Fields might've saw him covered up and was throwing the ball away to back the defense off the line a bit.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm happy that Mooney Kmet and Fields got so much time together this summer. Makes up for not being on the same page during the season.

( I am guessing though that Kmet is helping out a young Oline with chipping and Mooney is being blanketed by the opposition's #1 ... and being a low level 1 / #2 Mooney isn't showin up )

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I'm happy that Mooney Kmet and Fields got so much time together this summer. Makes up for not being on the same page during the season.

( I am guessing though that Kmet is helping out a young Oline with chipping and Mooney is being blanketed by the opposition's #1 ... and being a low level 1 / #2 Mooney isn't showin up )

Mooney, I think, could be a very good #2. As a #1, he draws each team's best corner, and I'm not sure how many of those battles he is going to win.

That said, Alan Lazard, who is more known for his blocking than his pass-catching ability, had a touchdown last night. The only receiver to do so...The quarterback position matters too.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

Wasn't this the guy that some on here were calling a star or impact player or #1 WR or whatever label?

He will no doubt have big games this year, but he's far from a #1 WR and I sure as hell hope the Bears don't give him big money down the road.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
Seems like it is a plan to only run offense and take as many loses we can. Tank year and nothing else.

Order from front office.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wasn't this the guy that some on here were calling a star or impact player or #1 WR or whatever label?

He will no doubt have big games this year, but he's far from a #1 WR and I sure as hell hope the Bears don't give him big money down the road.
He's a #3 on a good team, at best. I think he's an NFL caliber player, but he's just too small and not dynamic enough catching passes in traffic to be anything more than a complimentary receiver.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And he is way more polished than Hester was as our #1. The receiver debacle continues

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Fields has Mooney for a TD on the flea flicker, as the play works as intended and sucks the deep safety in, but he passes him up for some reason. Slot corner was playing too tight and got burned…

InsignificantInsistentGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Doesnt matter what receiver we're talking about on the Bears... fact is Fields holds on to the ball for too long then either:
- back pedals for a 10 yard sack/loss
- throws a deep ball (probably because he wants to show he can throw)

The line is not as bad as some think to the degree that its limiting Fields' progress. He needs to play better.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
He's a #3 on a good team, at best. I think he's an NFL caliber player, but he's just too small and not dynamic enough catching passes in traffic to be anything more than a complimentary receiver.
Bingo. I suppose the ceiling could be decent #2. Expecting more is foolish.