Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

• Yes, he's a bust.

• No, I haven't given up on him.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Speaking of taking things seriously, which one of us has had multiple victim episodes and mass ignore proclamations? Just stop.
Lol...just yesterday you said, "I know your shtick."

Am I a victim or a troll? Please pick a lane.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I suspected it was Nagy and being a rookie. Now with a new OC from a pass friendly franchise and he looks worse then last year.

czman

Liked Posts:
Undecided. I will wait til mid way through next season before I label him a bust. Right now he is just disappointing.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I do not think you guys will ever learn. If you are going to sit here focusing on one position year in and year out, you will never enjoy football. Like I enjoyed 2018 a real lot, 12-4 a FG away from NFC Championship and maybe Super Bowl. Most of you spent that whole year complaining. 2020 run at the end was good.

Relax enjoy the game and stop analyzing a position that your team was not good at since Sid Luckman. It's probably not going to happen.
False.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Do u feel JF has all he needs in terms of both coaching and teammate support to be successful this year ?
Please explain...... include play calling and pass pro.
Look at the review. There were plays to be made and he didn't make them.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I dont put people on ignore because I'm not a child

I can just close my laptop and not bother reading his trash? Yea, think i'll do that.

Me ignoring him doesn't change the fact he's a terrible poster and making this board terrible by association. He's annoying, a terrible troll, and brings very little to the conversation. You get hated on a lot but at least you try to make legitimate football arguments at times, brainblow has been doing the same schtick for 1.5 years now and he's truly awful at it.
I had someone put me on ignore bc I disagreed with him on what Justin said during interview. No name calling or anything- just a different opinion! Wow! Must be young, I don’t get it!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I suspected it was Nagy and being a rookie. Now with a new OC from a pass friendly franchise and he looks worse then last year.
I see your point but I could also see him struggling a bit this year bc it’s first real year and already a new offense again.

But watching the all 22, it’s hard to understand why he struggled so badly- there were guys open on every pass play and multiple guys on most if not all of them. Protection was ok too

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
But watching the all 22, it’s hard to understand why he struggled so badly- there were guys open on every pass play and multiple guys on most if not all of them. Protection was ok too
You watched the all-22? I think a lot of guys here talk about it, but never really watch it. If what you're saying is true...that's a really bad sign. Especially, since we were told Getsy's offense is QB friendly.

I think about getting Game Pass, but do I really want to spend a $100 to watch a bad team for a second time? ?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
You watched the all-22? I think a lot of guys here talk about it, but never really watch it. If what you're saying is true...that's a really bad sign. Especially, since we were told Getsy's offense is QB friendly.

I think about getting Game Pass, but do I really want to spend a $100 to watch a bad team for a second time? ?
Yeah, I see your point- I think I wrote here or maybe somewhere else that it’s scary that it seems so easy- either easy fix or worse- bad sign that he’s making so many mistakes on what looks like pretty easy plays.

The throw past the line of scrimmage signals to me that he’s thinking too much- if anything I think he needs to really take advantage of running the ball! He had more than a handful of plays where he could have run for some big chunks.

I remember a certain qb never running after first year in Nagy’s system - but he got hurt and then took his ball and went home- I don’t see that happening to Fields.

When you hear him explain plays it’s so in depth and robotic like that it can’t be easy to play fast with all that going through your head- it’s great that he’s smart and recognizes that stuff but sometimes I think it’s better to just feel it.

I think flus system may be hindering him too with all focus on positive turnover ratio that he doesn’t want to make a mistake. I don’t care if he throws it 50 times a game and throws 2 picks per game- at least he will gain the experience from that amount of plays. 11-15 times a game is not going to help him nor the team

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
i think it’s funny how after week 1 people acted like Geno Smith was legit. he’s average at best and Seattle sucks. Now they’re doing it with Tua. I’ve seen two, maybe three people in this thread mention Tua as if the questions on him are over. Lol. I’m gonna need to see more than 1 week to anoint him.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think it’s funny how after week 1 people acted like Geno Smith was legit. he’s average at best and Seattle sucks. Now they’re doing it with Tua. I’ve seen two, maybe three people in this thread mention Tua as if the questions on him are over. Lol. I’m gonna need to see more than 1 week to anoint him.
Yeah tua was garbage for two or three quarters of that game.
Mitch threw 6 tds once too. And he didn’t have hill or waddle or gesicki.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Won’t label him a bust but I thought he would show more. The first 2 games he barely looks like an NFL caliber QB. Combine his talent with even someone like Kyle Ortons ability to diagnose a field and takes what’s given, and he’s better off. He’s thinking way too much and wanting to take big shots every play. Can’t do that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not to forget: Fields was also asked to change his mechanics in the offseason. New offense, new personnel, new mechanics.

But let's press the panic button.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Do u feel JF has all he needs in terms of both coaching and teammate support to be successful this year ?
Please explain...... include play calling and pass pro.

Look at the review. There were plays to be made and he didn't make them.

What review? Do u have a link ? What plays are you referring too? Do u have time stamps?
The question was Do u feel JF has all he needs in terms of both coaching and teammate support to be successful this year ?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't know what anyone has been watching that makes them think he's anything other than a failure. He's far and away the worst quarterback starting games in the NFL right now. He could get very significantly better and it still will be not good enough. It would take an almost unfathomable turnaround for this to work out, and Ryan Poles and particularly Matt Eberflus are not going to waste their shot at the big time by giving Justin Fields another season.

But he's hard-working, smart and a great teammate (plus the obvious physical stuff). He will always find a team willing to keep him around and eventually he might be able to develop enough in the next few years to be a decent back-up, and from there who knows. But were talking years and years for this to happen.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Wow, almost 80 responses. I didn't think we had 80 posters...

I suppose you could generally extrapolate the poll and conclude on 10% of Bears fans think he's a bust.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He could get very significantly better and it still will be not good enough. It would take an almost unfathomable turnaround for this to work out, and Ryan Poles and particularly Matt Eberflus are not going to waste their shot at the big time by giving Justin Fields another season.
This is what I think Fields' Stans are missing. Even if he got Jerry Rice in his prime, his yardage in the GB game goes from 70 to 170?....lol.

A bit of hyperbole from me, and not an exact science obviously, but the notion seems missed by them.

Last edited: