Have you ever given a random person at a gas station a ride?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It never fails just about every time I go to the gas station somebody has a sob story and needs a ride. I want to give them a ride but I get nervous that they plan to rob me. Has anyone here ever given a stranger a ride from the gas station?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, no. Can’t recall ever being asked. I get asked for money due to some sob story (brakes out/transmission issues) once in a while.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It never fails just about every time I go to the gas station somebody has a sob story and needs a ride. I want to give them a ride but I get nervous that they plan to rob me. Has anyone here ever given a stranger a ride from the gas station?
Why don't you take them home with you and feed them. Let them stay a few weeks and borrow your car and credit card. You have nothing to worry about.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Um, no. Can’t recall ever being asked. I get asked for money due to some sob story (brakes out/transmission issues) once in a while.

Probably because I live in Rosemont I see all these shady folks.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Nope. Never once been asked for a ride either. Wear a mask, they'll think you're either sick or paranoid and never be bothered.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nope. Never once been asked for a ride either. Wear a mask, they'll think you're either sick or paranoid and never be bothered.

I look friendly people always open up to me for some reason. I might pick up on the mask idea I'll make a tin foil mask.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
And go back to gas station mustace rides? No thank you.

One day you'll understand why women live longer lives than men. Run M8, Run!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I do, I'm a trucker and only on my long hauls I'll do it. I probably picked up maybe close to 60-70 people hitch hiking so far, mostly good, once I had fought a guy and we both when to jail. I stop and help some old folks stranded on the roads, once met Chandler Parsons parents on the road in Florida, they was walking and needed gas had no idea who they was beforehand we're all friends on social media. Met a filthy rich family we became friends with out west because I stop for their daughters accident, saw it happen right in front me, a tire blows out and she ends up losing all four, never seen tires just pop off like a cork, lucky for her I was on that road behind her in a fucking tanker, we'll be dead if I was any closer. Mainly, I definitely stop for people in the storms, extra eyes helps every time.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Learn how to put on a demeanor that says "Fuck around and find out, assholes."

It'll save you many pointless conversations.

I sometimes give up some loose dollars but both these comments makes me think of some bikers on the west coast, they act hard and ask us truckers for a hand but always got a bullshit sob story and turn into pussies when they by themselves when denied, it gets fun when they realize that I'm from Chicago being tatted up myself, Ares comment remind me of being at a biker/trucker bar in California, a guy tried that tough shit with me for some "brake fluid" and got nothing, his own buddies sent him home. Be an ass just to be an ass, I guess.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many of those 60-70 did you kill and eat?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do, I'm a trucker and only on my long hauls I'll do it. I probably picked up maybe close to 60-70 people hitch hiking so far, mostly good, once I had fought a guy and we both when to jail. I stop and help some old folks stranded on the roads, once met Chandler Parsons parents on the road in Florida, they was walking and needed gas had no idea who they was beforehand we're all friends on social media. Met a filthy rich family we became friends with out west because I stop for their daughters accident, saw it happen right in front me, a tire blows out and she ends up losing all four, never seen tires just pop off like a cork, lucky for her I was on that road behind her in a fucking tanker, we'll be dead if I was any closer. Mainly, I definitely stop for people in the storms, extra eyes helps every time.
Good man. Thanks bro.

Yeah if I'm alone and without valuables I will do it sometimes.

Once I picked up a young man walking up the mountain at 5,000 feet, he said he walked out on his parents and was going over the pass tonight(10,000 feet)...."How far is it?"

I said you will never make it if you don't get a ride and you might only see a few more cars pass by at night. You aren't dressed warm enough even for where you are it will freeze at night.

I was only planning on going up to 6,000 feet but I took him to 7,000 where there are shelters and gave him everything I had ..$20 and the sweater jacket off my back.

Drove home shirtless and hopeful I saved a life, also guilty I didn't try to take him home for the night, but the valuables in my home were not mine so not my jurisdiction.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He probably killed his parents before he walked out. FBI would like to talk to you.