Haven't seen much blame for Eberflus

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can’t get blood from a turnip my friend.

No, but you can bake the turnip into a apple crumble that makes you forget you are eating a turnip.

I am not really that attached to Justin Fields, but the amount of turnover at the coacing level...particularly on offense...in the past dozen or so seasons has been unbearable (pun intended) and seems like the common denominator why no quarterback succeeds here.

Justin Fields could be the next Rex Grossman and the team could move on just as easy, but if Luke Getsy is the next Terry Shea.....well, I have seen that show and it never gets better no matter how much you recast it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, but you can bake the turnip into a apple crumble that makes you forget you are eating a turnip.

I am not really that attached to Justin Fields, but the amount of turnover at the coacing level...particularly on offense...in the past dozen or so seasons has been unbearable (pun intended) and seems like the common denominator why no quarterback succeeds here.

Justin Fields could be the next Rex Grossman and the team could move on just as easy, but if Luke Getsy is the next Terry Shea.....well, I have seen that show and it never gets better no matter how much you recast it.

Who’s the QB that failed here but got “coached up” somewhere else?

And you’ve clearly never eaten a turnip!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He's 2-1 with the worst quarterback play in the league. It's hard to blame a HC for that.
I'm happy with the coaching staff atm. Remember when Nagy was here, and there were games where we ran the ball less than 10 times a game, and everyone thought Nagy needed to run more to help Mitch.

Fields is struggling. Our o-line appears to be good at run blocking (credit the coaches) and we ran for like 280 yards yesterday...and WON the game inspite of Fields' 2 INTs.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy said he was building an offense around his QB's strengths and his QB sucks, so seems to me he did some things wrong in that build.

But he has made it easy. QB school pointed out one of the plays. Getsy can't make Fields throw the ball though. Open WRs are there and he's just not pulling the trigger for whatever reason

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who’s the QB that failed here but got “coached up” somewhere else?

But he has made it easy. QB school pointed out one of the plays. Getsy can't make Fields throw the ball though. Open WRs are there and he's just not pulling the trigger for whatever reason

Maybe I am just still shell shocked from Matt Nagy and it is simply another notch in the long line of crappy Big Ten QBs.

TBH, we will probably get a look at Trevor Siemian before the season is over because the way Fields has been playing, he is going to take a shot sooner rather than later that he ain't bouncing back from.

If the offense is drastically smoother under Siemian, we can certainly put this chicken and egg argument to bed and go back to quarterback shopping.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe I am just still shell shocked from Matt Nagy and it is simply another notch in the long line of crappy Big Ten QBs.

TBH, we will probably get a look at Trevor Siemian before the season is over because the way Fields has been playing, he is going to take a shot sooner rather than later that he ain't bouncing back from.

If the offense is drastically smoother under Siemian, we can certainly put this chicken and egg argument to bed and go back to quarterback shopping.
You give Fields at minimum halve a season I think but you’re right on Siemian. If fields continues these performances, plug in siemian for a week or two and see what happens. At some point it may benefit Fields to take a step back

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Head coach doesn't appear to be the issue looks like a well run team honestly
Imo the problems are all talent or the lack of it specifically

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I mean, he’s there to win games no matter how. He won today. Next week can be the same or people calling for his head. Time will tell.
Anybody calling for any coach’s head after four games is a fucking meatball. Let alone if they’re two and two. I know that’s a very weak two and two no doubt but that’s just fucking meatball stuff.

Well, unless it’s Josh McDaniels’ head. That I am ok with.

Reminder: Many here wanted him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anybody calling for any coach’s head after four games is a fucking meatball. Let alone if they’re two and two. I know that’s a very weak two and two no doubt but that’s just fucking meatball stuff.

But would expect anything else from Bears fans?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Even hacket?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bears have given up zero second half TDs and 12 total second half points so far this year.

I'd say that speaks very highly of the defensive staff and Eberflus.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I’ve been busy and haven’t read every reply but are there ppl calling for his head?

The whole point of the OP is that there’s a lot of blame going around for the offensive woes but doesn’t that ultimately land on the HC at the end of the day? And if it doesn’t then what does? The defense? They looked like shit against the only competent offense they have faced.

I still contest that the only purpose of this season is to evaluate Fields but I’m not even sure we’re getting that.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bears have given up zero second half TDs and 12 total second half points so far this year.

I'd say that speaks very highly of the defensive staff and Eberflus.

well done and agreed!

10-7

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been busy and haven’t read every reply but are there ppl calling for his head?

Of course not. Just more Hyper Bowl.

The whole point of the OP is that there’s a lot of blame going around for the offensive woes but doesn’t that ultimately land on the HC at the end of the day?

Of course it should. If, arguably, the most important player on the team is struggling...he should be heavily involved in a plan to remedy that.

And if it doesn’t then what does?

...or I suppose he could go the Lovie Smith route and just keep sacrificing OCs to give the appearance of accountability.

The defense? They looked like shit against the only competent offense they have faced.

Pretty much. The run defense sucks. Even Houston's rookie back had a good day. Barkley is going to give this defense problems.

I still contest that the only purpose of this season is to evaluate Fields but I’m not even sure we’re getting that.

For serious, but I guess scraping out a W against a winless AFC team is more important.

shrug-gif-9.gif

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see nothing to criticize with Flus yet. He's playing the long game and we'll see this team getting better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is his job to make the QB not be this terrible.

I mean isn't that why they fired Matt Nagy?
It's literally his job to win games and make the team not this terrible. On Sunday it was less terrible when Fields handed off and they still called 1/2 pass plays outside the last run clock series. Next week may be different.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

More fuck it! I'm going deep would be good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just read Morrisey's blurb in the Sun Times and it opens with a good point. There are three options to what is happening:

Everyone in charge believes Justin Fields is not the answer at QB.

Everyone in charge is right to believe Justin Fields is not the answer at QB.

Everyone in charge believes winning games is more important than finding out if Justin is or is not the answer at QB.

And whichever option it is, it's going the keep this team from making any real progress in 2022.
OR
The Bears have a GM and a HC who put a plan together to:

Cut out a lot of dead weight.
Get out of salary cap hell.
Replenish their draft pick opportunities.
Install a DO YOUR JOB Responsibility based teaching/coaching system.
Protecting a young quarterback from getting hurt by going to a run based, multiple blocker offensive scheme.

This team is 2-1 and has not been embarrassed by anyone they've played this year. BABY STEPS.