Haven't seen much blame for Eberflus

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields, Getsy and the OL have been the talk of the town for the past couple of weeks. And for good reason - Fields and Getsy have both been awful. But, how are we feeling about Eberflus at this point?? I'm not sure what the fuck his clock management was at the end of the first halve today. The offense is struggling, can he bring anything to the table to help?

This is the exact reason it would have been nice for the Bears to go with an offensive coach (Daboll/Peterson). Bears have a first year coordinator, 2nd year QB, and very few (if any) playmakers that are struggling right now and what can the HC even do to help them improve? This product we're seeing currently is borderline unwatchable. Fields barely cracked 100 yards through 4 quarters. The fact that Fields looked more competent under Nagy's CHIT offense in his rookie year is very discouraging. What are we even doing? Figure it out, Flus

eberflus-flus.gif

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Some coaching decisions have been terrible. Still I want to see how he improves. Lovie and nagy were always stubborn and thought their way was the right way. Let's see how eburflus does.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He didn’t try to score because he has zero faith in his QB to not make a bone headed play. We can argue if that’s the right approach to take—like does it damage the QB’s confidence—but personally, I was hoping he just ran out the clock. Had they tried to score, I was pretty confident that Fields was either going to fumble or throw a pick.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He didn’t try to score because he has zero faith in his QB to not make a bone headed play. We can argue if that’s the right approach to take—like does it damage the QB’s confidence—but personally, I was hoping he just ran out the clock. Had they tried to score, I was pretty confident that Fields was either going to fumble or throw a pick.

BINGO! Coach E is just focused on winning games. NFL is the win now league.

Just look at the hyped up Chargers who got blown out at home to the Jags. Their season ended in week 1 when Herbert cracked his ribs.

Another hype team Raiders are 0-3

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I understand this line of thinking, but seriously how what a great learning situation for Fields. 45 seconds left, 3 timeouts. What a great opportunity to run the 2 minute offense. If he never gets reps, he isn't going to improve.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We were told Eberflus is more like a CEO style coach and is going to let his co-ordinaters run their show.

*I'd also mention that we had no chance with Daboll or Pederson. Did Daboll even agree to be interviewed? Pederson's interview was rumored not to go well. My guess is he wanted more control than brass would give.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand this line of thinking, but seriously how what a great learning situation for Fields. 45 seconds left, 3 timeouts. What a great opportunity to run the 2 minute offense. If he never gets reps, he isn't going to improve.

Incoming pick six is probably what he's thinking about. Fields looks blind right now

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again. That’s a good point. But I’m starting to believe the fact that this front office doesn’t believe in him.
Personally I’d rather them lose a lot of games this year AND see Fields progress. But instead it looks like another year of hollow Bears victories and shitty QB play(so far).

I honestly believe he shows out vs the Giants. I didn’t think he would have a good game today (posted that many times this week) but never thought he would look this clueless.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The guys on The Tape Never Lies agree with you. They think the coaches just didn't want Fields to eff it up and let the clock run out.

TTNL is being hard on Fields, and they kinda nutt-hugged Mitch the first few years. They straight up think he should get benched.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The guys on The Tape Never Lies agree with you. They think the coaches just didn't want Fields to eff it up and let the clock run out.

TTNL is being hard on Fields, and they kinda nutt-hugged Mitch the first few years. They straight up think he should get benched.
A benching this early would be a disaster for his confidence and mental game imo. Gotta keep trotting him out there for now and hope something clicks. He just looks shot. Mistakes pile up and he's in his head.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If a team doesn't go for it in that situation, it pretty much always means the coach sees a negative cost benefit. Not sure how anyone who had watched the first half could think otherwise.

Also think that in the NFL every coach is going to play to win rather than give a specific player some type of experience. And I agree with that. Winning breeds winning.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
A benching this early would be a disaster for his confidence and mental game imo. Gotta keep trotting him out there for now and hope something clicks. He just looks shot. Mistakes pile up and he's in his head.
Yeah, I don't want him to get benched. It's too early for that.

...but there is a point where a guy is basically shell shocked and it would be better to sit him for a few games to clear his head.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fields, Getsy and the OL have been the talk of the town for the past couple of weeks. And for good reason - Fields and Getsy have both been awful. But, how are we feeling about Eberflus at this point?? I'm not sure what the fuck his clock management was at the end of the first halve today. The offense is struggling, can he bring anything to the table to help?

This is the exact reason it would have been nice for the Bears to go with an offensive coach (Daboll/Peterson). Bears have a first year coordinator, 2nd year QB, and very few (if any) playmakers that are struggling right now and what can the HC even do to help them improve? This product we're seeing currently is borderline unwatchable. Fields barely cracked 100 yards through 4 quarters. The fact that Fields looked more competent under Nagy's CHIT offense in his rookie year is very discouraging. What are we even doing? Figure it out, Flus

eberflus-flus.gif
I mean, he’s there to win games no matter how. He won today. Next week can be the same or people calling for his head. Time will tell.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Same situation in KC today and Bienemy didn't let his offense go for it, and he has Mahomes.

But in Chicago we're ready to fire the coaches. Meanwhile, Bienemy was a name thrown around as a candidate, because of course, he's an offensive coach.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The main thing I've been disappointed in with Eberflus has been that the in game discipline we saw in preseason and week 1 seems to have vanished in week 2 and week 3. We've seen penalties spike and some serious mental breakdowns and the tackling has been very poor resulting in the worst rush defense in the league. I hope he corrects and gets it fixed, but those are some areas he needs to focus on getting right quickly.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The main thing I've been disappointed in with Eberflus has been that the in game discipline we saw in preseason and week 1 seems to have vanished in week 2 and week 3. We've seen penalties spike and some serious mental breakdowns and the tackling has been very poor resulting in the worst rush defense in the league. I hope he corrects and gets it fixed, but those are some areas he needs to focus on getting right quickly.

Actually Houston has the worst rush defense in the league and by a lot. Bears rush defense sucks too.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Actually Houston has the worst rush defense in the league and by a lot. Bears rush defense sucks too.
After today Houston does. In the first quarter the announcers said the Bears through week 2 were the worst rush defense and Houston was third worse. After the ridiculous rush yards today I think Houston is now cemented at the worse position for a while.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This roster needs a 3T in the worst way. I thought Watts would help but he’s been invisible now. Reminds me of the 2013 team once Melton got injured.