Haven't seen much blame for Eberflus

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don’t think Flus & Poles believe in Justin that much.

I just read Morrisey's blurb in the Sun Times and it opens with a good point. There are three options to what is happening:

Everyone in charge believes Justin Fields is not the answer at QB.

Everyone in charge is right to believe Justin Fields is not the answer at QB.

Everyone in charge believes winning games is more important than finding out if Justin is or is not the answer at QB.

And whichever option it is, it's going the keep this team from making any real progress in 2022.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think Flus has more or less been what was advertised. He’s had a few questionable game/clock management decisions. The RG rotation thing is another head scratcher - I don’t know wtf he thinks it’s doing for the team but I wish he would commit to developing Jenkins.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I just read Morrisey's blurb in the Sun Times and it opens with a good point. There are three options to what is happening:

Everyone in charge believes winning games is more important than finding out if Justin is or is not the answer at QB.

And whichever option it is, it's going the keep this team from making any real progress in 2022.
Oh boy George’s done it again.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Thanks. These are good points. Honestly, this just fucking blows.

Only QB available this next offseason could potentially be Lamar Jackson, not in FA, but via a massive trade and losing 3 1st round picks/other assets. For the love of God Fields, please play like you did vs Cleveland in August or Pittsburgh/Niners last year!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Thanks. These are good points. Honestly, this just fucking blows.

Only QB available this next offseason could potentially be Lamar Jackson, not in FA, but via a massive trade and losing 3 1st round picks/other assets. For the love of God Fields, please play like you did vs Cleveland in August or Pittsburgh/Niners last year!
Man I would love to have Jackson but this roster is such a blew out asshole rn idt they can afford to just throw picks like that at only one player.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fluser has been pretty good. I like the physicality he has brought on both sides of the ball, we just ran for almost 300 yards. I like that he answers questions about things he can control, i.e. why he chose not to take timeouts and owned it.

I don't like that he didn't take them, if it becomes a pattern then obvious red flags.

Eddie Jax reclamation project is not a coincidence either, he looks like a completely different player.

I don't get the guard thing. One thing I have noticed is pass protection is slightly better with Patrick v Jenkins. It's hard to tell, the passing offense is such a mess.

EDIT: OH and most important, he's not afraid to put young players out there and let them learn. well, minus JF lol but I think he sees shit is not working. Anyway, in short trust the guy making the right decisions for now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
George knew who he wanted. Took poles balls and said take it or leave it eberflus the coach you hiring
We're 2-1 with shit QB play, fringe backup WRs, an overall weak roster and development players in premier starting positions only due to the coaching and game management. Lots to complain about right now but the staff isn't one of those.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Flus has more or less been what was advertised. He’s had a few questionable game/clock management decisions. The RG rotation thing is another head scratcher - I don’t know wtf he thinks it’s doing for the team but I wish he would commit to developing Jenkins.
I don't like the rotation either but it's been working and actually will keep Patrick in shape for when he moves over. Flus's game management is to be conservative with a bad QB and survive to be able to win later.

It could be Lovie that ran out of time as usual yesterday, wasting red flags and TOs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Correct. He has to keep playing. For me, I have no excitement over starting Simien and going 9-8 to be cannon fodder in the wildcard round.
Nothing would make this team 9-8. They aren't winning anymore games with semien. The only qb who potentially is a net positive on wins is fields if anything clicks. Bears will be 5-12ish regardless of whose at qb. The roster sucks.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Might be a hot take, but I've been more impressed than not. It's not all been perfect, but the team has had a fighting chance every game so far. Considering the roster turnover, and bargain bin shopping that's about all I can realistically ask for. Admittedly it's kind of hard to keep it in perspective after you get your teeth kicked in by Green Bay, and that prolly won't be the last time that happens this year. Also we're not suiting up an NFL QB out there at the moment. It is what it is.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I don't like the rotation either but it's been working and actually will keep Patrick in shape for when he moves over. Flus's game management is to be conservative with a bad QB and survive to be able to win later.
I dont think its been working all that well, i dont see a drop off in play when Jenkins comes in for Patrick, and IMO development time for Jenkins who likely has a long future with the team is a lot more important than getting Patrick and his 1 year vet contract in shape to play.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I dont think its been working all that well, i dont see a drop off in play when Jenkins comes in for Patrick, and IMO development time for Jenkins who likely has a long future with the team is a lot more important than getting Patrick and his 1 year vet contract in shape to play.
I believe Patrick is a 2 year contract. But if he's not at C next week I'm going to be pissed. I'm done with the rotation

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I believe Patrick is a 2 year contract. But if he's not at C next week I'm going to be pissed. I'm done with the rotation
You're right im thinking of Schofields contract, but it doesnt change the calculus of prioritizing reps for the promising young OL over the placeholder veteran in his first year with the team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm watching The Flus presser right now and he basically said he's focused on developing the whole team, not just one guy unless it's part of the whole.

...so guys who are complaining that they're putting winning over developing Fields...that's their philosophy - it's not going to change. They are not going to let Fields air it out 35 times a game.
Well then, I guess I have my answer for the OP.

Matt Eberflus is a ****ing meathead.

If you seriously do not believe that developing a quarterback is paramount to pretty much everything else, you are letting the modern NFL pass you by.

Which pretty much makes you the perfect coach for the Chicago Bears.
It's like some of you have never seen an NFl presser before. If you don't think that they know the QB is the keel to the ship, then I have no words.

If they had lost and Fields had thrown 35 times and 4 INT's, and he had said, "Hey, all that matters is Justin Fields, all the other players are just incidental," you would be cool with that? He wouldn't be fully roasted and calls for his head would be deafening.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Flus is fine… he’s like every coach over the last 20 years… good QB play covers up the stink from bad coaching decisions… but no matter how good the coaching…. it can’t cover up the stink of bad QB play.

This team can (and has) done much worse than Flus. He’s the least of my worries at the moment.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nothing would make this team 9-8. They aren't winning anymore games with semien. The only qb who potentially is a net positive on wins is fields if anything clicks. Bears will be 5-12ish regardless of whose at qb. The roster sucks.
Bears play a lot of bad teams. A lucky bounce, or monsoon, can result in fluke victories.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're right im thinking of Schofields contract, but it doesnt change the calculus of prioritizing reps for the promising young OL over the placeholder veteran in his first year with the team.

I’m not sure Borom is promising at this point. Mustipher was a bum at ND and is a bum in the NFL

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
George knew who he wanted. Took poles balls and said take it or leave it eberflus the coach you hiring
LOL Poles had his choice of CHI and MINN and he chose the guy that emasculated him?

Yeah, that checks out.
:blank:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's just it. I also prefer Jenkins gets those reps but it's working so... Just don't see a big issue there.