Hawks at Qs club

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
TIME: 6 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720-AM / TUDN 1200-AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp

Chicago's road trip heads to the Sunshine State as the Blackhawks open a two-game set against the Panthers on Saturday night.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI: 14-9-5, 33 PTS
FLA: 17-5-4, 38 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago took a 4-2 win on Thursday night in Dallas to snap a two-game skid. Dominik Kubalik, Carl Soderberg, Duncan Keith and Alex DeBricnat all scored as the Blackhawks raced out to a 4-0 lead in the opening 40 minutes. Kevin Lankinen made 28 saves en route to his 10th win of the season.

Florida overcame a 4-1 deficit to over the final 15 minutes of play to take a 5-4 overtime win on Thursday in Columbus. It was the fourth time this season the Panthers overcame a multi-goal hole for a victory. Frank Vatrano scored the overtime game-winner and Sergei Bobrovsky earned his fourth consecutive win.

The Panthers defeated the Blackhawks in both matchups when the clubs met in Sunrise from Jan. 17-19. Keith posted back-to-back multipoint efforts in those games and leads Chicago with four points (4A) against Florida this year. Kubalik netted two markers and had an assist on Jan. 19 in a shootout loss. Patrick Kane has 25 points (11G, 14A) in 23 career games against the Panthers.

CONNECTIONS
Lucas Wallmark skated in seven regular-season games with Florida last year, notching a goal and an assist. He also played in two postseason games with the Panthers.

Florida's roster features three former Blackhawks, Vinnie Hinostroza, Anthony Duclair and Gustav Forsling.

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT
Connor Murphy and Calvin de Haan shared the team lead with five blocks each on Thursday night. Murphy has three or more blocks in five of his last six games while de Haan shares third in the league with 64 blocked shots this season. Murphy's 5.95 blocked shots per 60 is12th in the NHL (min. 20 games).

POWER-PLAY PROWESS
The Blackhawks recorded multiple power-play goals for the fifth time this year after scoring two against the Stars on Thursday. Chicago accomplished that feat only three times during the 2019-20 campaign.

The Blackhawks are third in the league with a 31.0 percent power-play percentage. Alex DeBrincat notched his team-leading fifth power-play goal of the season in the victory. Since DeBrincat entered the league during the 2017-18 campaign, he paces the Blackhawks with 34 PPGs.

40 FOR 88
Kane reached the 40-point plateau this season with two helpers on Thursday. Kane's 28 games to reach 40 points this year is the fifth fewest over the last 50 Blackhawks seasons. Kane is third in the league with 40 points and is second with 28 helpers during the 2020-21 campaign.

His current 22:07 of average TOI per game is third in the league among forwards and is the second highest total of his career (22:29 during the 2018-19 season).

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
De Hann and Murphy are not a good pair. Sit de Hann and play Beaudin. It is no coincidence that when that kid plays the Defence looks better

Can't deny that goal saving effort by Boqvist either... elite level stuff.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can't deny that goal saving effort by Boqvist either... elite level stuff.
I missed the 1st period, but I loved that he stepped into the forward at the blue line in the 2nd to stop a rush. I tell my oldest all the time when he plays defenceman better to step up on them early than let them get it in deep.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Killing themselves at the dot. Tough to compete against good teams when you lose 2/3 of the FO's. I'm not proposing that they trade for a guy.....just wondering if there is anyone in this organization that can win a fucking face off. It probably won't be Dach when he returns as I remember him being bad at it as well. Other than Toews, who is there?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really like Hagel. Can't remember who he reminds me of maybe shaw? Guy who always seems to be there putting in the hockey play but maybe not hitting the score sheet. Happy to see him score again tonight.

He definitely looks like a keeper.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
late watch for me. First off best game I have seen 27 play! Thats a real good team and one that will give us plenty of trouble big and skilled. The dot was awful- the lack of pushback when ekblad stuck out a knee on 88 was a little disturbing. Gotta play faster our lack of legit centers was evident. Bring home a win Monday Anytime!