Hawks at Qs club

Bust

Liked Posts:
3-9-3 vs those teams so far

While anything can happen 2+ months from now in the playoffs; we still need to make it that far and our defenses/goaltending is mediocre at best.....don't see that changing much....will need an epic collapse by the opponent or lankinen standing on his head for 7 games

Getting Dach, Toes and Shaw back will help tons.

Regardless of what happens this is one of the youngest rosters in the NHL. These 1st year guys are getting great experience and the team will get a feel for the next core group of players to build around.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Getting Dach, Toes and Shaw back will help tons.

Regardless of what happens this is one of the youngest rosters in the NHL. These 1st year guys are getting great experience and the team will get a feel for the next core group of players to build around.
Will be interesting to see what happens with Shaw when he comes back, I've seen a lot of what he brings distributed across some of the young guys which might make his skillset less necessary on this particular team team.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see what happens with Shaw when he comes back, I've seen a lot of what he brings distributed across some of the young guys which might make his skillset less necessary on this particular team team.

Shaw brings some sandpaper on the ice. We all know nhl refs pocket their whistles and allow more stuff to pass in the playoffs.

Btw, Blackhawks have 21 million in cap space, most in the NHL. There should be cap strapped teams looking to unload as the season winds down as they find themselves out of the playoffs and become sellers.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Shaw brings some sandpaper on the ice. We all know nhl refs pocket their whistles and allow more stuff to pass in the playoffs.

Btw, Blackhawks have 21 million in cap space, most in the NHL. There should be cap strapped teams looking to unload as the season winds down as they find themselves out of the playoffs and become sellers.
yes, I know what he brings, what I'm saying is, he was brought back because that was his niche and this team badly needed it. But what i've seen so far this year from some of the kids, is not that anyone has as much as him, but the baseline of them as a whole has come up which makes having one player be that guy less necessary. And actually ideally you want to spread out that sandpaper across teh team a bit so you don't have it all on one line.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really liked Shaw a lot when he first came to the Hawks... also enjoyed his time in MTL but he seems more like a liability these days.

Bust

Liked Posts:
yes, I know what he brings, what I'm saying is, he was brought back because that was his niche and this team badly needed it. But what i've seen so far this year from some of the kids, is not that anyone has as much as him, but the baseline of them as a whole has come up which makes having one player be that guy less necessary. And actually ideally you want to spread out that sandpaper across teh team a bit so you don't have it all on one line.

Oh he won't be around after his contract is done, too many concussion issues but hopefully he has one last hurrah in him if he's healthy enough to suit up for the stretch run here. Shaw can also play center.

Hawks are so weak at the center position right now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Oh he won't be around after his contract is done, too many concussion issues but hopefully he has one last hurrah in him if he's healthy enough to suit up for the stretch run here. Shaw can also play center.

Hawks are so weak at the center position right now.
Yeah, I don't think so either, but I'm hopeful he is able to come back for that last hurrah, and that the hawks can make it worth it. Time will tell. I love shin pads