hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The players and the HC need to look in the mirror and decide if they're the team we saw in the first two TB games or the last two games.....it's up to them.
The loss of JT,Strome and Dach was gonna catch up with the team at some point,not to mention what a healthy Shaw would offer but the boys are better than what we saw last night. How much better? Once again,it's up to them.
Peaks and valleys Bob, can’t expect more can’t expect less. We all knew there would be games like last night. The team was dreadful, the entire lineup actually, but if we aren’t surprised by the outcome we must all be drinking to much of that Koop-aid. The team has some talent, they have done really well up until now, many media outlets will say they have overachieved. The one thing however, I mentioned resilience and tenacity, lets see what the kids come back with In the next tilt versus Dallas, it should be telling of where the team is going.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Peaks and valleys Bob, can’t expect more can’t expect less. We all knew there would be games like last night. The team was dreadful, the entire lineup actually, but if we aren’t surprised by the outcome we must all be drinking to much of that Koop-aid. The team has some talent, they have done really well up until now, many media outlets will say they have overachieved. The one thing however, I mentioned resilience and tenacity, lets see what the kids come back with In the next tilt versus Dallas, it should be telling of where the team is going.
Absolutely and they haven't faced much adversity till now so we get to see how they react and they get another shot at the Stars right away. I'll tell ya this......they ain't good enough to sleepwalk through a game and win it so they better wake up because all four points gives Dallas momentum they don't need.

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Absolutely and they haven't faced much adversity till now so we get to see how they react and they get another shot at the Stars right away. I'll tell a this......they ain't good enough to sleepwalk through a game and win it so they better wake up because all four points gives Dallas momentum they don't need.
With covid it slowed Dallas out of the gate, but let’s not be fooled, they were in the cup final last season, they are not the putrid RedWIngs or unbalanced Blue Jackets. The Stars can play high tempo hockey, they have a solid team from top to bottom they are far from a pushover and they will be riding the Hawks ass for that 4th place spot. Lankinen and or Subban will have to be alot better in the next one(not blaming them) but the last 2 games both goalies have been below average, rebound control has been awful and of course our defence seems to be coming back to form as in what we have been used to seeing for years now. It’s only 2 games, no worries but they need to end this slide fast.

Granada

Liked Posts:
With covid it slowed Dallas out of the gate, but let’s not be fooled, they were in the cup final last season, they are not the putrid RedWIngs or unbalanced Blue Jackets. The Stars can play high tempo hockey, they have a solid team from top to bottom they are far from a pushover and they will be riding the Hawks ass for that 4th place spot. Lankinen and or Subban will have to be alot better in the next one(not blaming them) but the last 2 games both goalies have been below average, rebound control has been awful and of course our defence seems to be coming back to form as in what we have been used to seeing for years now. It’s only 2 games, no worries but they need to end this slide fast.

Yeah, the Stars are still very much in the mix. I don't know what the hell happened to the Hawks' PK recently, but that's the biggest problem area right now. Hawks are also giving up too many odd-man rushes and leaving guys wide open again -- we saw this a lot early in the year and last regular season.

Lankinen needs to find his groove again. In his last 5 games, he had 3 games below .900 save percentage -- and he's given up 20 goals. It doesn't tell the whole story of course, but out of curiosity, I went back and looked at his save percentage for the year for each game, and I noticed that the majority of his high save percentage games occurred against weaker opponents; and his majority of low save percentage games occurred against stronger opponents. This isn't necessarily surprising for any goalie against stronger opponents, but never the less, I feel like it does show that the Hawks as a whole are still struggling substantially against top tier teams.

Assuming the Hawks don't make a move at the deadline, Lankinen will need to be the guy -- this is a really important game for him tonight. Subban has had some decent games this year, but he'll get lit up in the playoffs and he is what he is -- a streaky goalie with horrific rebound control. If your mechanics as a goalie are still that bad at age 27, chances are they will never improve.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah, the Stars are still very much in the mix. I don't know what the hell happened to the Hawks' PK recently, but that's the biggest problem area right now. Hawks are also giving up too many odd-man rushes and leaving guys wide open again -- we saw this a lot early in the year and last regular season.

Lankinen needs to find his groove again. In his last 5 games, he had 3 games below .900 save percentage -- and he's given up 20 goals. It doesn't tell the whole story of course, but out of curiosity, I went back and looked at his save percentage for the year for each game, and I noticed that the majority of his high save percentage games occurred against weaker opponents; and his majority of low save percentage games occurred against stronger opponents. This isn't necessarily surprising for any goalie against stronger opponents, but never the less, I feel like it does show that the Hawks as a whole are still struggling substantially against top tier teams.

Assuming the Hawks don't make a move at the deadline, Lankinen will need to be the guy -- this is a really important game for him tonight. Subban has had some decent games this year, but he'll get lit up in the playoffs and he is what he is -- a streaky goalie with horrific rebound control. If your mechanics as a goalie are still that bad at age 27, chances are they will never improve.
Granada lets be honest here, not taking anything away from the progression of this team. Playing a really bad Red Wings team and Blue Jackets team put up a smokescreen about how good or bad this team is. The team played very well versus the Lightning had some strong games versus Carolina but it’s very difficult to evaluate where the team stands. Dallas hammered us and Tampa in the final game scored 6 unanswered goals, is this a small slump or like any young team, you never know what you will get night in night out.
In relation to goaltending, I was really in favour of Bowman looking for a vet backup for the reasons you mentioned. Subban has been ok when called upon and Lankinen has done well enough to get the Hawks to the record they currently have, but when the teams needs a safety net to fall on, JC has know one to fall on, so send Kevin or Malcolm out and hope they can rebound from there current debacles.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KOOOOOOOOOB!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
15 shots to 4, not so good. Nice to be up by one, but for how long?

I didn't get home in time to see the first but just looking at the stats.....Hawks are losing two out of every three faceoffs. It's where they miss Toews the most....it's a killer on puck possesstion.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
2nd test B- . I know its a high grade but they responded darn nice to see. They also played a little smarter counter punched instead of over aggressive. PK showed up also. I know they got out-shot by a good margin but protected the house better.
Rest tomorrow then on to FLA. Go Hawks!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Absolutely and they haven't faced much adversity till now so we get to see how they react and they get another shot at the Stars right away. I'll tell ya this......they ain't good enough to sleepwalk through a game and win it so they better wake up because all four points gives Dallas momentum they don't need.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Much easier to play defense if every puck shot at the goalie doesn't bounce back into the crease.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey morons would you look at that? Another multipoint game from the kid. You fucking losers must be seething lmaooooo... Grimson right AGAIN.

??????????

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like it was a busy night in the P's basement...LOL.....

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hey morons would you look at that? Another multipoint game from the kid. You fucking losers must be seething lmaooooo... Grimson right AGAIN.

??????????

If the hawks had 5 dmen in the box; would he be sent out on the PK?

He"s 20, but right now he sucks on d.....and for a defensmen; that's a bit concerning.

Then again, maybe JC is xenophobic and anti swede?

Last edited:

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Man wakes up reads box score, becomes hockey expert, keeps repeating things over and over. The tells people what they are feeling before diving back into his very small pond. Can be heard telling himself Im a big fishy Im a big fishy.