TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720

That's better.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It did need something! Thank for the graphics.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yee hah!!!! I get to watch this one on local channels, not blacked out, and can't wait. The Avs have turned the corner on their bad start, got Stuart back and some important pieces helping them run their game again. Should be challenging enough, and we struggle in Denver. Keith in particular seems like a regular human at elevation, and his superhuman lungs of lore perhaps get evened out a little. Its his cryptonite, imo.

Should be high scoring affair.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Eh, when getting Brad Stuart back is a good thing for your team, your team wasn't really going anywhere in the first place. Colorado re-entered Earth's atmosphere this season like a lot of people predicted them to and won't be making the playoffs. They've got some potential but they won't reach it with Nutso behind the bench. They need a real coach.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, when getting Brad Stuart back is a good thing for your team, your team wasn't really going anywhere in the first place. Colorado re-entered Earth's atmosphere this season like a lot of people predicted them to and won't be making the playoffs. They've got some potential but they won't reach it with Nutso behind the bench. They need a real coach.

He energizes them, and I think they are one of the more talented skill teams (passing) in the league, which might be why they give us problems. They also have identified since late 2011 the way to play us is to trade attacks with a pronounced counter rush, using their youth and speed to race us up the ice rather than play hockey. This has been effective and they have more production against us despite limited talent than any team. A talent to production ratio is what I mean, they have been able to chip points off of us the last 2.5 years in Denver, despite a huge gap in talent.

And Brad Stuart makes a huge difference for them, I don't know why but he came back 2 weeks ago and they have looked much better, and getting other guys healthy too. They had a dozen injuries early.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I don't really buy the whole "energizing" thing when it comes to coaches. I'll take a coach who can implement a system over being a fiery personality every day. They can be the fastest team in the league, but they are absolutely godawful with puck possession. Until they figure that out, until Roy does something to improve that, they aren't going anywhere. They've shown no improvement in that, they were awful in it last season as well, it was just Varlamov who bailed that entire team out, he had an amazing season. He should've carried Roy up on his back when he went to collect the Jack Adams because that guy rode him all year long. And this season we're seeing what happens to a team when they depend on something unsustainable like that. Especially when he's injured or he can't play that amazingly well night in and night out. That's asking a lot from a goalie.

Both Sakic and Roy wanted to prove the "stat heads" wrong. They're proving them right.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really buy the whole "energizing" thing when it comes to coaches. I'll take a coach who can implement a system over being a fiery personality every day. They can be the fastest team in the league, but they are absolutely godawful with puck possession. Until they figure that out, until Roy does something to improve that, they aren't going anywhere. They've shown no improvement in that, they were awful in it last season as well, it was just Varlamov who bailed that entire team out, he had an amazing season. He should've carried Roy up on his back when he went to collect the Jack Adams because that guy rode him all year long. And this season we're seeing what happens to a team when they depend on something unsustainable like that. Especially when he's injured or he can't play that amazingly well night in and night out. That's asking a lot from a goalie.

Both Sakic and Roy wanted to prove the "stat heads" wrong. They're proving them right.

it can work on certain teams for a time, but I agree it stops working as players reach their physical limit and end up grinding through a season like everyone else. The Hawks leave me in awww of their energy night in and night out, I have the utmost respect for this teams toughness. They seem to get everyones best shot and they gear up for that challenge and energy every night. Together with the long playoff runs, series, and extra games I think we are the mentally toughest team in the entire NHL and it isn't close. Our little 170lb, 180lb, 190 lb players go to the boards every night and find a way to make their bodies go and come back tomorrow. True Champions.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tried to mention this would be a shit show. All games excepting one blow out in my recollection have been difficult here in Denver for 3 years, and they are smug about it. They know something.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right back!! Toews/Hossa/Saad woo hooo!!!

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ooof particularly rough PP tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.