Hawks @ Bolts 3/20

Granada

Liked Posts:
The thing I don't get is, why not have a purely sheltered first line in Cat/Strome/Kane?

Bread/Kane was ridiculously sheltered and Strome is a huge upgrade over Anisimov. Strome has shown he can win FO's when he feels like it and when the Hawks lose possession just point him towards the bench and be done with him.

I still don't understand JC's fascination with Kampf and playing him above his weight class. He's a rock solid fourth line center and probably a top five fourth line center in the league. Why is this guy on the ice with Kane or Cat? I'm really not seeing why Kubi is stuck playing with him and if it wasn't for Hagels nonstop motor Kubi would be wasted at even strength.

Right, I feel like Colliton gets too cute with his line combos, too often. Carpenter and Kampf are bottom-six centers -- they don't make sense in the top-six. And now he's got Strome playing wing to boot. Why? I don't consider myself a huge Strome fan -- he's fine -- but I would say he's a much better option at center than either Kampf or Carpenter. Not only that, but Strome has played his best hockey since joining the Blackhawks when he's paired with Debrincat, they have chemistry from their OHL days. Enough with the cutesy experiments.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Snag Rasmus Dahlin from the Sabres!

Robin Lehner can be had from Vegas. He a 5 million cap hit 2nd stringer. He's had a tough season, wasn't playing well, got hurt and won't see much playtime as Fleury is outplaying him. Press is on his butt too...

The Sabres are shopping Dahlin?

Noooo

I'd trade Gusvist, this year's first, and Strome for the kid

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Sabres are shopping Dahlin?

Not publicly but he is a restricted FA and is due a pay raise so Sabres have a tough decision considering he is a minus 28 and having an awful year <good time to snag guys when it's their contract year and their stock is low>. Sabres are awful, just 6 wins to the season and a paltry 16 points.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Tough outing for Lank. They looked tired its alot of games to play for kids not usually playing that many.
Sorry I just cant get on the JC wagon just my 2 cents.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Tough outing for Lank. They looked tired its alot of games to play for kids not usually playing that many.
Sorry I just cant get on the JC wagon just my 2 cents.

Lank's been meh for the past month.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Also think Murphy should have danced with Maroon later in game. But im a little old school about that stuff

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right, I feel like Colliton gets too cute with his line combos, too often. Carpenter and Kampf are bottom-six centers -- they don't make sense in the top-six. And now he's got Strome playing wing to boot. Why? I don't consider myself a huge Strome fan -- he's fine -- but I would say he's a much better option at center than either Kampf or Carpenter. Not only that, but Strome has played his best hockey since joining the Blackhawks when he's paired with Debrincat, they have chemistry from their OHL days. Enough with the cutesy experiments.

I don't have any inside scoops but I'd hazard a guess that a lot of the combos he's trying are based off of the faceoff situation. It looks like JC feels his best two faceoff guys are Kampf and Carpenter.....just that statement alone is ugly as neither one of them are very good at it. Faceoffs have been a problem here for quite some time.....it was hidden somewhat by the fact that they had Toews who was always very good at them plus championship quality teams that were good enough to overcome it.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't have any inside scoops but I'd hazard a guess that a lot of the combos he's trying are based off of the faceoff situation. It looks like JC feels his best two faceoff guys are Kampf and Carpenter.....just that statement alone is ugly as neither one of them are very good at it. Faceoffs have been a problem here for quite some time.....it was hidden somewhat by the fact that they had Toews who was always very good at them plus championship quality teams that were good enough to overcome it.
I agree with you on that front, face offs for the Hawks have not been good, but stats will say they are in the middle of the pack. I think it’s more the Hawks can’t win those key face offs. Kampf is almost 50% at the dot and Carpenter is around 47% which is decent, Strome on the other hand is not good, which worries me if Toews doesn’t come back this year or as reports have Indicated possibly next year as well. Dach has Shown that face offs are not his area of expertise either.
If Stan takes back salary at the trade deadline, he better be getting first round draft choices and possibly Snag a half decent player who can win some key face offs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with you on that front, face offs for the Hawks have not been good, but stats will say they are in the middle of the pack. I think it’s more the Hawks can’t win those key face offs. Kampf is almost 50% at the dot and Carpenter is around 47% which is decent, Strome on the other hand is not good, which worries me if Toews doesn’t come back this year or as reports have Indicated possibly next year as well. Dach has Shown that face offs are not his area of expertise either.
If Stan takes back salary at the trade deadline, he better be getting first round draft choices and possibly Snag a half decent player who can win some key face offs.

You know, I was stunned to see that they had the Hawks winning like 46% of their faceoffs. Maybe they did well against the lower echelon teams but they certainly aren't hitting that number over the last 6 games or so. Even at 46%, they are amoung the bottom feeders.

Faceoffs

Bust

Liked Posts:
NHL goalies are like NFL QB's. It may not be their lone fault but...

Subban back to the minors, he's had his moments but it's time!

Trade for Robin Lehner!
Call Crawford out of retirement!
Bring Scott Darling up!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trade for Robin Lehner!
Bring Scott Darling up!

You forgot to cut Boqvist

Gotta keep Fartintard happy

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Last time Hawks won Beaudin was in. Would like to see him draw in for Mitchell. Been more impressed with Beaudin than Mitchell so far.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:

Trade for Robin Lehner!
Bring Scott Darling up!

Darling was released from the Hogs after giving up 7 goals in his first game.

No way Crow is coming back

I dont think Stan would want to give up picks or prospects for an established goalie right now

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
me thinks JC might have lost this team. Players taking shots at 88 left and right, and coach who thinks ok.
Hoping this gets turned around but I think this team will look very different in 3 weeks.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Darling was released from the Hogs after giving up 7 goals in his first game.

No way Crow is coming back

I dont think Stan would want to give up picks or prospects for an established goalie right now

Ooops! at me for Darling, didn't know that.

Vegas grabbed Lehner from the Hawks for a 2nd round pick. I think the Hawks can get him back for less cause as it stands now he is a 5 million cap hit bench warmer as Fleury has cemented the starting job. Lehner has only made 6 starts this year due to injury (some in Vegas sports talk were questioning his time off as well).

To stop the bleeding (slump) there has to be times a goalie stands on his head and stops the losing streak. It's no rocket science both Lanky and Subban has been "meh" for the past month.