Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
Hawks come back with 2 quickly. Kane with the spinorama backhand. Then Mitchell scores with ten secs to go. Carolina with the Whalers unis.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Still 8 mins to go, I like there fight back tonight but 0-3 on the PP and giving one up on the PK usually ends in a loss.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
Carolina is a good club. Hawks a third of the way thru, holding their own. Gonna have to figure out a way to beat those deep south teams. Q's got em goin in FLA. Bolts will still be there. Did you see Kaners backhand beauty?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBJ is the target. They have shown weakness. Games against Dallas and CBJ mean everything. I believe there will be a tense battle in this division for 4th place.

At best we are looking at a first round date with the AVs or Vegas...but I say better to face those clubs early if at all.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
I thought top 4 of each division play best of seven until one team left for each division. Final 4 teams get seeded based on pts. So I'm thinking Bolts, Q, Canes, & Hawks. Oy.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Somehow #88 is STILL under-appreciated. Long ago he replaced #20 (Al S.) and #24 (Bob P.) as my all-time favorite NHL skater. F'ing legend.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
HOFER for sure. #397 tonite. Off till Tue. Love that Lankinen. Damn, I miss Tazer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can put me down for a thumbs down on the 7 defenseman thing. You see all kinds of crazy pairings....always rotating, very little consistency. That can't be a good thing for these young guys. You can end up with a DeHaan/Zadorov pairing with each of them coughing up the puck leading to a Canes goal. This is not a great team by any stretch, it's a team that's learning....they don't need that kind of extra bullshit.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
No Lankinen or Kane and the Hawks lose 10-0.

Right when I give JC props, he puts Zadorov and CDH together as a pairing, which is like watching to convicts chained at the waist and ankles fighting over an apple that falls on the floor.

I'm becoming a fan of Mitchell. Love the Mitchell/DK pairing, Bustvist did and Elvis "viva las Vegas" drive-by on one goals against. Srsly, Stan, send the kid down already.

Kane shows up and the only other ppl who did were Lankinen,DK, and Mitchell.

This ain't DeToilet, better effort guys

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought top 4 of each division play best of seven until one team left for each division. Final 4 teams get seeded based on pts. So I'm thinking Bolts, Q, Canes, & Hawks. Oy.

Are you fucking serious? We are stuck playing out this division to the end? I didn't think this season could get any dumber...did they have actual doctors come up with this shit because covid is everywhere, they aren't protecting anyone, they have spread infections from one team to another several fucking times...they fly around and then play so many games there is no time for testing to work but they don't cancel games when somebody goes positive.

What the fuck are they doing? Either protect the players or play a regular season. I don't see what the point really is of keeping us all in a division the way they are progressing. Its pointless. And then with the opportunity to take a few days off, test after travel...isolate in a hotel and play a playoff series..

what is the fucking point of of staying in the divisions for the playoffs? This is ridiculous. What a joke? A leauge with billions of dollars is this stupid? My god. What the fuck is going on with humanity?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 5 minutes I have come up with a better plan.

You create a bonus point for winning a series. You play in one division all season, but you play 6 consecutive 7 game series. This keeps infections more in a mini-bubble. 2-3-2 format...you play all 7 no matter the outcomes. That would be 42 games.

I'd host a tournament in a bubble for the other 14. Winner of the 42 hosts. Shortened games, 2 12 minute periods or something but you might play 2 in a row one day. but this would be fun and these would be the games that finalize the 4. 4 divisions doing this...lets say 2 games each every other day....would be epic season finale.

Then you go into 7 game series against other divisions of course.

I'm going to assume their plan was formed due to Canadian travel restrictions and back off the intelligence...but fuck all this seems like a failure in both entertainment and protecting anyone.

greg23

Liked Posts:
CBJ is the target. They have shown weakness. Games against Dallas and CBJ mean everything. I believe there will be a tense battle in this division for 4th place.

At best we are looking at a first round date with the AVs or Vegas...but I say better to face those clubs early if at all.

I see you're still on top of things

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see you're still on top of things

I mean...I'll just as easily join you in pessimism this time. I am astonished these goalies and defense held together to give the offense fighting chance. I can barely understand it that it continued without Murphy and Carpenter for a minute but we already se some fatigue setting in, skating 2 duds in the last 3.

But Dallas isn't playing that good...and CBJ...I like their roster but they struggle to score. Korpisallo and Merzy give them an edge...but I'm not a Tort fan at all. I think his players seem to rebel on him for stretches and he gets pissed and asks too much of them or something.

I despise that he is the U.S. coach. I hate it, and I don't like their style of play but in the end I don't really have faith we will beat them out. We might beat Dallas but even that would amaze me. I expect us to fall to 6 eventually but Martini says the draft is deep in quality defenders so I say have at it. Then go for it...a shortened season gives old guys an edge, as well as our style of play and in particular we won two cups when Kane had a shortened season. (injury/lockout).

Fluke year where a virus can take out chunks of your opponent at a moments notice. So roll with the punches and take your chance.

But....yeah...its crazy I don't buy it long term. Ride it while it lasts, collect points...and the hope is in CBJ and Dallas continuing to struggle but eventually they will also target us and we have to be ready for some big hard battles in those games. Dallas is a nightmare with Bishop in net, but without him they have serious match-up issues in this division.

The other interesting thing is the pro-rated salary cap. We have 4 million and counting fast with Toews/Seabs resting at home (hopefully cycling roids and getting 7 years younger in 2 months, lol). When they return like mirror images of Adonis we might have to answer for them.

Anyway, the Hawks will be half way to the finish line soon. This season is flying by.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
See what happens when you assholes make me start a gdt

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a bad road effort against a good team,expectations are what they are.
Lankinen gave up a few and suffered the loss......look for a focused and determined tender next time out! Two post to post saves last night are the saves quality tenders make and this kid is a quality tender. He'll learn and adapt from every one given up and we'll be able to watch him do it........quite possibly a future difference maker in net!
Murphy will return and de HAAN shoulda been bought out because the ongoing logjam will cost one or two young D-men ice time and I don't like the sound of that. Mitchell,Beaudin and Carlsson are obviously the team's future and need that ice time.....not sure what Boqvist is at this point.
Patrick Kane is still worth the price of admission and for that reason will finish his deal here if not his career.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The defending conference champs have had a bunch of games postponed and have been without Seguin all year and Radulov the last few weeks,Radulov will return and Seguin may also. They'll be tough at the end.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defending conference champs have had a bunch of games postponed and have been without Seguin all year and Radulov the last few weeks,Radulov will return and Seguin may also. They'll be tough at the end.
When Bishop returns and gets into form yes. But it may be too late.

Nashville and CBJ have great rosters but something doesn't quite click to put them into true contention. Nashville struggling badly with their goaltending...which I told them like 5 years ago to fix...that window is now closed.

I laugh at all these teams like Maple Leafs and Nashville that wouldn't offer us a ransom for Lehner.

Where the fuck are you now?