Hawks/Dorks post game thread

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Stillman/ Galvas was the best pairing the Hawks had.

Stillman looked like an NHL defenseman while Galvas has poise.

The speed Reichel and Lafferty bring shows. Lafferty might be the fastest player on the team.

Flower against has an elite compete within him.

And get this- the Hawks are three points out the final wild card spot. Other teams have a lot of games at hand, but they have to win them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 in a row. Half way to even.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's crazy how inconsistent this team is. Yet at the same time it totally makes sense.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This run isn't that shocking to me. Same thing happened last year, where the Hawks went on a decent run (or two) midway through. Kinda weird. When Kane heats up, this is what happens. The question is, can he keep it up longer than he did last season.

It somewhat worries me that this streak is happening when regulars like Dach, Jones, etc. are out. What does that say about these players? Is it just a coincidence, or is the team playing a simpler, better game with them out of the lineup? Best case scenario: it is just a coincidence, and the players-only meeting after the Yotes loss is the main reason for the improved play, but who knows.

I've enjoyed watching Lafferty so far, but like usual, I'm tempering my expectations. Every player gets a jolt when they are initially traded (cough - Strome - cough), the question is if they can keep up that level of play consistently. So far, I like Lafferty, and at least he plays hard, unlike the bust he was traded for. Really like his physicality and has good speed, if worse comes to worse, I think he would be fine on the 4th line or bottom six.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea…Nylander finally became a hockey player, and with heart to boot. I’m having fever and visions of “Stalgod”, all hail forever and ever, amen.

Flower is like one of the elite that I know ranks above Crow, but just seeing him hot like this and put us on his back. I don’t know how long he can keep it up, but he’s really damn good.
Anyone scouting him must see he’s worth a first plus freebies…he’s unbelievable.

5 game point streak!! Fight for the next one like that means something and we will see.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tried watching this weekend, but my oldest son had a tournament in Huntsville. How do Galvas look tonight

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn't in tonight.
Stillman continued good play though, and Lafferty showed some sick skill.

Stillman showed up to play this year, hitting people in week 1 and he had a nice little point run to add to the play time he earned with intangibles.

so many wasted first round pick D-men.

Target35

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate the line-up we had tonight , not sure what the coaches are thinking here . Why send Reichel back now ? why was Galvas taken out? I know we have to limit Reichel 's games to 9 but send him down when we get Dach and Strome back . Galvas was steady and made nice plays , looks to be a good piece of the future , do we really need Gustavson out there?I know he made a nice play on Kubi's goal,but really he is a liability defensively. We need more skilled players in the line up not 4th liners like Hardman, no flow to the offence at all today and the powerplay let us down again.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate the line-up we had tonight , not sure what the coaches are thinking here . Why send Reichel back now ? why was Galvas taken out? I know we have to limit Reichel 's games to 9 but send him down when we get Dach and Strome back . Galvas was steady and made nice plays , looks to be a good piece of the future , do we really need Gustavson out there?I know he made a nice play on Kubi's goal,but really he is a liability defensively. We need more skilled players in the line up not 4th liners like Hardman, no flow to the offence at all today and the powerplay let us down again.
1) Reichel didn't impress. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't neat Toews/Kane in their 1st NHL games.
2) Even if he's got more games, the 'hawks aren't going anywhere this year. Better to give him top responsibility in the A this year (and possibly pocket those other 9 games for the end of the season), than have him float in the lower part of the lineup now when only Fleury is playing the full 60.

No need to rush the kid.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Stillman continued good play though, and Lafferty showed some sick skill.

Stillman showed up to play this year, hitting people in week 1 and he had a nice little point run to add to the play time he earned with intangibles.

so many wasted first round pick D-men.

Ever since I called him out in my Who Stays, Who Goes thread, he's been making me eat crow. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reichel opened things up with his speed alone. I thought we looked suddenly dangerous with Reichel/Kurashev/Galvas /Lafferty/Stillman/Entehistle…don’t know why things were changed after a dominant game or two where the iced guys actually were helping Fleury.

I mean I don’t think we were going to beat everyone but I’ve never seen such high level goal tending here. I’m crows biggest fan but I ain’t seen THIS. Fleury is a bad man with a bad attitude right now.

hope everyone is watching because he’s been trying to put us on his back and I can’t believe he’s able to elevate his game to keep a shitty team in games with good teams.

I’m sure it won’t last but I’m really enjoying watching him try.

Target35

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree Fleaury is playing lights out and hopefully that entices a team to offer a high pick for him at the deadline .. Hawks should be talking to him now as to what he wants to do , if he does't want to be traded sign him to a 2 year deal so it bridges the team to Commesso.

also agree with your line up comment , Reichel didn't score but provided speed with Galvas and Lafferty in the lineup . The line up we had against the Kraken was a King clone lineup which i believe is what we are getting now . King was a 3/4 line grinder and that's what he likes in his lineup.