Hawks Home Games Will Now Have Special Announcement

Granada

Liked Posts:
I think this is a fantastic move. The Blackhawks really go above and beyond to honor Native American history and heritage; their name and their logo is and always has been a symbol of reverence -- this is what separates them from other clubs.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The Hawks organization always rise to the occasion in typical fashion in these situation. Good on them.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The true historical account of Chief Black Hawk and the massacre of his people.....

Granada

Liked Posts:
The true historical account of Chief Black Hawk and the massacre of his people.....

This guy is even offended by Tommy Hawk.....lol. His solution, in essence, is nothing but whitewashing. Let's just pretend Chief Black Hawk never existed and replace the logo with a bird. That makes it better?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This guy is even offended by Tommy Hawk.....lol. His solution, in essence, is nothing but whitewashing. Let's just pretend Chief Black Hawk never existed and replace the logo with a bird. That makes it better?
Just wanted people to know the real story. The Chief was captured and paraded around like a wild animal after his women and children were all massacred. Let's not pretend the Chief didn't exist and let's not make millions and millions on his TRAGIC legacy.
I don't want to get too deep into this because Hawk fans are in favor of their team name and image,just wanted people to know that Chief Black Hawk and his people were ethnically cleansed from Illinois.

I thought YOU would come away with more from that article than just a simple LOL but I digress.

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
In this day and age it's a smart business move