Hawks vs Bolts lets play 3

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
TIME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720-AM / TUDN 1200-AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp

The Blackhawks open up a three-game set against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday night, the first of a back-to-back with another meeting on Sunday afternoon. All three contests take place at the United Center.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI: 12-7-4, 28 PTS
TB: 15-4-1, 31 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago took a 7-2 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night, with goals from Ryan Carpenter (2), Alex DeBrincat, Patrick Kane, Dominik Kubalik, Pius Suter and Nikita Zadorov. Kane's tally was the 400th of his career and completed his fifth game this season with three or more points in a game. Kevin Lankinen stopped a career-high 44 shots in the win. It completed a 9-3-1 month of February for the Blackhawks.

Tampa Bay picked up their fifth straight win on Tuesday night, 2-0 in Dallas. For goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy, it was a third straight shutout -- posting 10 starught periods and 200:26 of game time without allowing a goal. The Lightning have outscored their opponents 13-1 over their last four games. Steven Stamkos (10G, 10A) and Victor Hedman (4G, 16A) lead Tampa in scoring this season with 20 points apiece. Stamkos led the Lightning with five points (2G, 3A) in the first two meetings of the season with Chicago.

PROVING GROUND
The Blackhawks face the Lightning on Thursday night for the first time since the opening two contests of the season on a disappointing opeing four-game swing through Florida.

Following 5-1 and 5-2 defeats to Tampa and 5-2 and 5-4 (OT) losses to Florida, Chicago has posted a 12-4-3 record -- the third-best in the NHL based on points percentage (.711) in that span (beginning Jan. 22). The Lightning own the second-best record on points percentage (.735) with a 12-4-1 record.

Chicago has allowed five or more goals in a game just four times since the opening quartet, accounting for three of their four regulation losses since. The only time the Blackhawks have won while allowing five or more goals was a 6-5 shootout win over Columbus on Feb. 23 in Ohio.

THE ROAD AHEAD
Chicago opens an 11-game stretch on Thursday that features nine contests against the teams from Florida, currently first and second in the Central Division. The Lightning will play three games at the United Center in four days before Chicago embarks on an six-game trip with two games against the Panthers and two more against the Lightning over the final four games of the road swing. When they return home, Chicago will face the Panthers another two times at the United Center.

The trip starts with a two-game set in Dallas next Tuesday and Thursday.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
We have been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for this go get em boys !

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Going to be a litmus-test series for the 'hawks. Tampa is a team which we weren't even close to being in it.

I don't really care if the 'hawks lose since Tampa is a definitive cup contender, but I want to see incrementally better throughout the series and vs the last outing where we took a brutal pounding.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Going to be a litmus-test series for the 'hawks. Tampa is a team which we weren't even close to being in it.

I don't really care if the 'hawks lose since Tampa is a definitive cup contender, but I want to see incrementally better throughout the series and vs the last outing where we took a brutal pounding.
I am with you on this, win or lose. I want to see a better effort from our Hawks in this 3 game set. Tampa is stacked top to bottom, now lets see what the young Hawks can do versus the best team in the NHL.
Go Hawks Go!!!

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This will be a test. Certainly the team has more confidence and experience playing together than the first two games of the season but the reality is, Tampa is a damn good team. I'd just like to see a competitive game rather than a blowout.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to say that 44 shots given to Detroit is not good. Is that the most Deyroit have had in like 30 months?

Do that to the lightning...

Even without Stamkos and Kucherov.

Well...this is a reality check. Very unlikely we leave home a "winning team" as I don't count overtimes when looking at team average.

Our best hope is to steal 1 or 3 points in this series. Prove me wrong!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm just looking for some continued growth. It's tough to know how they are progressing because there are only 2, possibly 3 (Florida) Cup contenders on their schedule.....and they are 1-6 for 4 points against them so far. They are pretty evenly matched with everyone else in the division. To win a game or two here would be great but I'm more interested in how they play against a team that is considerably more talented that they are.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Good effort so far, everytime you see Tampa’s lineup you wonder how they are cap compliant. Just think Kucherov is not even playing.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Even better second......a period where Tampa has out scored their opponents 29-13.
The hawks look good tonight. Let’s hope they finish the game with a W. Tampa can score at will can’t sit back.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Earned not stolen. Sadly just a point but I'll take the crow and a toe to toe battle.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn. I guess we'll see if Tampa took the Hawks best and still won....let's hope the Hawks have another gear.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Just one game . Told myself i would say that no matter what. Not gonna lie i got a chubby during this game. The shift right after Cats goal you see 51 battling in front of net a couple times during shift liked what I saw. Cant wait for tomorrow battle of backups. Go Hawks

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission.... WTF happened!!!

I was so proud of those guys through 2 periods.