Hawks vs Bolts lets play 3

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm considering this a good step. We got annihilated by Tampa the 1st two outing and we took them to within a tenth of a second to the shootout.

2 games to go, but yeah...they are doing better than I thought they would.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
REAL solid effort against the best team in the league and a tender who hasn't given up a goal in over a week. D-Cat beat the big Russian in OT but couldn't beat the iron,his deal could end up being the bargain of the decade.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'm considering this a good step. We got annihilated by Tampa the 1st two outing and we took them to within a tenth of a second to the shootout.

2 games to go, but yeah...they are doing better than I thought they would.

Yeah, they were solid overall, but this was yet another 2-goal blown lead this year. That said, the Hawks looked like they could hang with Tampa; like they belonged in the same league, at least the majority of the game, which was encouraging. Who knows if that will be the case in the future, but last night, they looked like they did.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Brandon Hagel is the real deal. He will be at the least a stud 3rd liner. Love everything he brings. His ability to manhandle McDonough on multiple occasions - just beautiful. This is what a "gritty" player should look like.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I told my boys if we can go 1-1-1 in these 3 games that would be huge for the team. Of course my oldest being a Maple Leafs fan he goes you won’t even win 1 dad.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, they were solid overall, but this was yet another 2-goal blown lead this year. That said, the Hawks looked like they could hang with Tampa; like they belonged in the same league, at least the majority of the game, which was encouraging. Who knows if that will be the case in the future, but last night, they looked like they did.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Brandon Hagel is the real deal. He will be at the least a stud 3rd liner. Love everything he brings. His ability to manhandle McDonough on multiple occasions - just beautiful. This is what a "gritty" player should look like.
Hagel's a lot more than just sandpaper and effort too,his passing is SLICK and the goals will come!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

From the single-game point of view, yeah, it was a blown 2-goal lead with Kane floating on 2 of the goals. That does need to be corrected.

I'm trying to look at everything this year like I was in 2008: We got a ton of kids out there and are a very young team. Everything is baby steps in development. Comparing last game to the 1st 2 against Tampa says a lot. Comparing how Detroit blew us out of the water vs. the 2nd game of the series is a step in the right direction. Kids now like Suter, Hagel, Mitchell, Lankinen are in about the same place that Toews, Kane, Crawford (for a couple of games), and Hjammer were in 2008. If they can muster up the gumption to plat toe-to-toe with the defensing champs, that's good. It's not discounting guys like Kane and Keith--but at some point the mantle is going to be passed and the more the kids can play up to the tops teams in the league, the more comfortable I am with the mantle being passed to them.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From the single-game point of view, yeah, it was a blown 2-goal lead with Kane floating on 2 of the goals. That does need to be corrected.

I'm trying to look at everything this year like I was in 2008: We got a ton of kids out there and are a very young team. Everything is baby steps in development. Comparing last game to the 1st 2 against Tampa says a lot. Comparing how Detroit blew us out of the water vs. the 2nd game of the series is a step in the right direction. Kids now like Suter, Hagel, Mitchell, Lankinen are in about the same place that Toews, Kane, Crawford (for a couple of games), and Hjammer were in 2008. If they can muster up the gumption to plat toe-to-toe with the defensing champs, that's good. It's not discounting guys like Kane and Keith--but at some point the mantle is going to be passed and the more the kids can play up to the tops teams in the league, the more comfortable I am with the mantle being passed to them.
Kane picked Stamkos' pocket earlier in the game for a grade a chance,Stamkos went around the next time he tried it though with no D-man picking him up. You're in a bit of a hurry to pass the mantle IMO but you're not alone. Quite a few can't wait it seems.
Kane and Toews rookie seasons were HIGH bars let's see which kids approach those bars not to mention going to the WCF in their second year.......high bar indeed.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane picked Stamkos' pocket earlier in the game for a grade a chance,Stamkos went around the next time he tried it though with no D-man picking him up. You're in a bit of a hurry to pass the mantle IMO but you're not alone. Quite a few can't wait it seems.
Kane and Toews rookie seasons were HIGH bars let's see which kids approach those bars not to mention going to the WCF in their second year.......high bar indeed.
I might have missed the Kane picking Stammer's pocket since my UPS decided to take a shit on me and took down my network. :mad::mad::mad:. I missed almost the entire 2nd period and had to catch highlights.

I'm not "in a hurry" to pass the mantle as is were, I think that, ideally, when it's time to pass it that we're giving it to players that are ready to take it on, and that means giving them chances to play in the roles occupied by our current superstars. Sometimes you get lucky like Lankien appears to be. Other times your fallback for losing Roenik and Amonte is the frigging ABC line.

Using Keith as an example since he's the oldest remaining core piece, it took Keith a few years before he became the stud D-man he is. However, there really wasn't a stud D-man already in place. Cullimore wasn't a stud. Aucoin wasn't a stud. Spacek wasn't a stud. That meant a few years where the 'hawks had no real top-end D-man until Keith fleshed out. Now we got Keith in there but at some point he's going to hang 'em up. It's inevitable. So, why wait until Keith is 100% gone before someone else steps into his role when we could be using this time to develop whoever is going to be Keith's Ersatz-replacement (He's freaking Keith--replacing Keith 100% is like replacing Mikita)? The 'hawks should be doing that now in my opinion (and they somewhat are), and to do that means that someone else should be doing what Keith's doing and his roles and responsibility have to be lessened to give the kids a chance.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I might have missed the Kane picking Stammer's pocket since my UPS decided to take a shit on me and took down my network. :mad::mad::mad:. I missed almost the entire 2nd period and had to catch highlights.

I'm not "in a hurry" to pass the mantle as is were, I think that, ideally, when it's time to pass it that we're giving it to players that are ready to take it on, and that means giving them chances to play in the roles occupied by our current superstars. Sometimes you get lucky like Lankien appears to be. Other times your fallback for losing Roenik and Amonte is the frigging ABC line.

Using Keith as an example since he's the oldest remaining core piece, it took Keith a few years before he became the stud D-man he is. However, there really wasn't a stud D-man already in place. Cullimore wasn't a stud. Aucoin wasn't a stud. Spacek wasn't a stud. That meant a few years where the 'hawks had no real top-end D-man until Keith fleshed out. Now we got Keith in there but at some point he's going to hang 'em up. It's inevitable. So, why wait until Keith is 100% gone before someone else steps into his role when we could be using this time to develop whoever is going to be Keith's Ersatz-replacement (He's freaking Keith--replacing Keith 100% is like replacing Mikita)? The 'hawks should be doing that now in my opinion (and they somewhat are), and to do that means that someone else should be doing what Keith's doing and his roles and responsibility have to be lessened to give the kids a chance.
Stamkos nets equalizer | NHL.com

Expceting Patrick Kane to cover the best forwards in the game might be a lot to ask unless we'll settle for 20gls and 40-50 points production wise and we won't

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I understand the inevitable is the inevitable but Keith still sees big minutes for a reason. I admit losing so many cup winners in such a short time is a shock to the system for me but the 49 years before was a shock too. Life goes on.

And thanks for the clarification.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
A points a point. I'll take it.

I don't like the idea of Subban in net against the Bolts tho. They will feast on his rebound expertise

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand the inevitable is the inevitable but Keith still sees big minutes for a reason. I admit losing so many cup winners in such a short time is a shock to the system for me but the 49 years before was a shock too. Life goes on.

And thanks for the clarification.
Got it. Please keep in mind that I'm not saying Keith shouldn't see major minutes in any situation because I don't think he's capable anymore. It's obvious he is from his play this season. We are seeing some good things from Mitchell--so we might as well see how he fares against Detroit's best. If he succeeds even with some rookie mistakes, start seeing what he can do against better and better teams until we got confidence in him while we still have Keith to jump in in case Mitchell is in over his head from time to time.

And yeah, it sucks to see so many of our cup-winning core retire. I'm just hoping that with the way these kids are playing we'll be in better shape moving forward than we were coming off of the team that won in 1961 or even the one that got close in 1992. You never know, though. I'm just glad I was able to see probably the most dominating Blackhawk teams in history win the cup thrice. It could be a lot worse-- My grandpa *never* got to see the Cubs win it (baseball was his sport) and only got to see the Sox win it once.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:

Knowing you are a big 65 fan have you already got your 38 Jersey ? Kanes the heartbeat of this team 38 is the fuel !

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I liked what I saw from our young Hawks last night, the Hagel line generated plenty of chances, Kane and Cat had there opportunities but once again the team just can’t contain those leads. That SHG was terrible and to boot right at the beginning of the period, there is zero explanation for that. Did I think the team could shut Tampa out no, but they should’ve won last night, no doubt, they blew a chance at really sending a solid message, this young team is here to compete with the top dogs. I am hopeful the Hawks learnt something and come out and pick up a W tonigh.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Knowing you are a big 65 fan have you already got your 38 Jersey ? Kanes the heartbeat of this team 38 is the fuel !

Hah, admittedly my jersey days are over -- at least, the days when I buy a jersey with a player's name. I have a black Keith, that's the last player jersey I'll ever buy. I might pick up one of those new retro jerseys, but it'll be nameless. But Hagel would be an excellent choice, assuming he can keep this level of play up for the year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seem to get our legs going the 2nd half of the 1st period. Nice tribute to Seabrook, and you could see the emotion in his interview.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hell of a pass by Kaner and Cat buries it

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another beautiful assist by Boqvist. Duncan Donuts Keith nowhere to be found.

Lmao...