Hawks vs Bolts lets play 3

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another beautiful assist by Boqvist. Duncan Donuts Keith nowhere to be found.

Lmao...
If Boqvist wasn't on a children's mall leash with Keith they'd be forced to send him to Rockford in a week.

They need to unleash him situsrionally but Harry Potter believes there is only one right way to play in all situations apparently and would rather lose than play situational hockey. (From his own mouth)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as the negativity toward a team who's own GM said not to expect a competitive season..........I still challenge ANYONE to bump their posts predicting a completive season.

To those who actually made assessments and offered their opinions.....kudos to your willingness to put your opinions out there instead of offering nothing but insults and nonsense!

To the optimists,why not just enjoy the play we've seen over first half season instead of the 'I told you so' bullshit' because nobody's told anybody anything YET!

The closest to saying we could compete was probably when I defended the culture Stan built, commented on the forward depth complimentary, saying it was too bad we wouldn't have dach and Toews because the fwds might not have been trash with them in the fold too, and that there was no hope in Suppan, slim hope in Delia, and a worthwhile prayer Longshot in Lankinen because of 2019, and also nalimov, and to be seen in Zadorov/Mitchel/Beudin ...

There were other wrong said things and a little all over the place like substance abuse crazy, but those things were said separately if not together.

Still, I'm generally the over-optimist and even I was mostly down this off-season.

I think our shot at 4th place is real and it's really best to take on the Lightning before Kucherov returns to form.

Also, we still have a fresh Toews to unleash the final month, and with Dach, I'd let him play the day our season is two games from ending. Like down 3-1 in a series, or a game 6, etc.

Don't die without giving him a 2-game chance to spark the team. Basically, we have two emotional leaders to deploy later. But save Dach for our last breathe.

I told you so?

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Wanted to also say great series by forwards defensively in transition. Dmen were very aggressive in neutral zone when
Dman did get beat , and that didnt happen very often , forwards were back and in position. Before the meltdown this was on full display yesterday.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
And I was wrong again. #5 will be there for Dallas series

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Well I look at it this way, Hawks did blow a 3 goal lead, but I will take that as a learning experience. Maybe some will agree maybe some won’t, but yesterday’s loss wasn’t about the kids it was about the loss of Toews, CC Saad and now retired Seabrook. Tampa put the pressure on and JC and the kids had no answers, the lack of experience and the lack of a bonafide leader was the difference maker. This is no shot at Kane or Keith, but there is a reason JT is the captain and yesterday the Hawks really missed his leadership.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And I was wrong again. #5 will be there for Dallas series
No further disciplinary action, or he's appealing and it will take longer? I know letter of the law it was a hit to the head, but I didn't see a lot there. I probably need to look at it again though.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I look at it this way, Hawks did blow a 3 goal lead, but I will take that as a learning experience. Maybe some will agree maybe some won’t, but yesterday’s loss wasn’t about the kids it was about the loss of Toews, CC Saad and now retired Seabrook. Tampa put the pressure on and JC and the kids had no answers, the lack of experience and the lack of a bonafide leader was the difference maker. This is no shot at Kane or Keith, but there is a reason JT is the captain and yesterday the Hawks really missed his leadership.
Yesterday was a real taste of PO hockey and the kids and the coach have seen none up to that point....the Oil sucked back in August when JT schooled em. Good lessons should come out of that game and three points from that series is HUGE.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Was hoping for 11 points in this 11 game stretch....3 thru 3 is right on pace, but think its a bonus as didn't think we'd get more than 1 or 2.

Dallas is a big series as see them as the main competition for the 4th spot....come away net even or only down 1 point vs dallas in these two will be a win.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The closest to saying we could compete was probably when I defended the culture Stan built, commented on the forward depth complimentary, saying it was too bad we wouldn't have dach and Toews because the fwds might not have been trash with them in the fold too, and that there was no hope in Suppan, slim hope in Delia, and a worthwhile prayer Longshot in Lankinen because of 2019, and also nalimov, and to be seen in Zadorov/Mitchel/Beudin ...

There were other wrong said things and a little all over the place like substance abuse crazy, but those things were said separately if not together.

Still, I'm generally the over-optimist and even I was mostly down this off-season.

I think our shot at 4th place is real and it's really best to take on the Lightning before Kucherov returns to form.

Also, we still have a fresh Toews to unleash the final month, and with Dach, I'd let him play the day our season is two games from ending. Like down 3-1 in a series, or a game 6, etc.

Don't die without giving him a 2-game chance to spark the team. Basically, we have two emotional leaders to deploy later. But save Dach for our last breathe.

I told you so?
When you take a close look at the teams in 5th-8th,not holding onto 4th would be a collapse IMO.

greg23

Liked Posts:
When you take a close look at the teams in 5th-8th,not holding onto 4th would be a collapse IMO.

We're only up 6 points on columbus with 26 games left and dallas has 6 games in hand and technically controls their own destiny over us.

At this point not sure getting passed be either one would be considered a collapse; esp dallas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was hoping for 11 points in this 11 game stretch....3 thru 3 is right on pace, but think its a bonus as didn't think we'd get more than 1 or 2.

Dallas is a big series as see them as the main competition for the 4th spot....come away net even or only down 1 point vs dallas in these two will be a win.
4 thru 3 would have been better , lol ??

We're only up 6 points on columbus with 26 games left and dallas has 6 games in hand and technically controls their own destiny over us.

At this point not sure getting passed be either one would be considered a collapse; esp dallas.

I love how you troll here but your too stupid to even get a response and correct your obvious ignorances. Everyone here is above even engaging you unless I'm drunk.

You don't know how anything works and they don't even bother. I'm rofl ???

1. We got 4 points off the lightning not 3.
(Would you like us to explain the point system so you can troll better? Or maybe more likely you just aren't paying as close attention as you are pretending)

2. Those Dallas games won't be made up so it will be hard to "control their own destiny."

What happens is if there are covid unbalances it goes to "win percentage."

So 8-9 is a few games off our 13 wins. But they will come after us this week.

I actually agree with you that Dallas just has to pick it up a bit, and the key there is give Bishop a chance to return and make a Crow like run.

As well as I think we have overachieved a bit based on our ability to hold leads. They evaporate. I'm not looking at the data but I know we are terrible with a lead which is a bad sign.

But they have given Toews/Dach a chance to provide a spark and create a dog fight with Columbus who seems like they have predictably tuned Torts out a bit and Laine damaged them defensively.

Thanks for playing, post better.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 thru 3 would have been better , lol ??
[post: 3613737, member: 13509"]

I love how you troll here but your too stupid to even get a response and correct your obvious ignorances. Everyone here is above even engaging you unless I'm drunk.

2. Those Dallas games won't be made up so it will be hard to "control their own destiny."

I actually agree with you that Dallas just has to pick it up a bit, and the key there is give Bishop a chance to return and make a Crow like run.

As well as I think we have overachieved a bit based on our ability to hold leads. They evaporate. I'm not looking at the data but I know we are terrible with a lead which is a bad sign.

But they have given Toews/Dach a chance to provide a spark and create a dog fight with Columbus who seems like they have predictably tuned Torts out a bit and Laine damaged them defensively.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, @greg23 is quite the idiot in pretty much any forum he posts in. It's incredible that not even one intelligent thought can creep out of his brane.

greg23

Liked Posts:

Yup, @greg23 is quite the idiot in pretty much any forum he posts in. It's incredible that not even one intelligent thought can creep out of his brane.
[/QUOTE]

Can both you math wizards explain this one to me?

1. We got 4 points off the lightning not 3

Also curious how a team with 6 games in hand, 12 points behind and 4 less wins doesn't control their own destiny???

More math wizardry????

Never heard it announced that teams weren't making up games; so until that is official a full season is what you should go off......otherwise I'll just assume the regualr season will be cancelled tomorrow and we're in the playoffs.....prove me wrong!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Also curious how a team with 6 games in hand, 12 points behind and 4 less wins doesn't control their own destiny???

More math wizardry????

Never heard it announced that teams weren't making up games; so until that is official a full season is what you should go off......otherwise I'll just assume the regualr season will be cancelled tomorrow and we're in the playoffs.....prove me wrong!
[/QUOTE]

I'll have to swallow those crows feet. I watch too much world soccer with 3 point wins.

As for Dallas, I don't see how they can make up 6 games. Maybe 3 though. Then it's win percentage that counts and not points.

They are starting to come around and we need Toews and Dach back to have any chance of holding them off likely.

I would also think it would take trading some future or eating cap for a veteran D and a goalie which I doubt they are interested in except Stan...

greg23

Liked Posts:

More math wizardry????

I'll have to swallow those crows feet. I watch too much world soccer with 3 point wins.

As for Dallas, I don't see how they can make up 6 games. Maybe 3 though. Then it's win percentage that counts and not points.

They are starting to come around and we need Toews and Dach back to have any chance of holding them off likely.

I would also think it would take trading some future or eating cap for a veteran D and a goalie which I doubt they are interested in except Stan...
[/QUOTE]

Well...they had 6 games left with the hawks.

6-0 and there's 6 games.

You guys act like there's 10 games left in the season when in fact not even half way done.

Hell...a team won the Stanley cup 2 years ago and they were much further back (without the games in hand) than either Columbus or Dallas is to the hawks right now.

I wouldn't be shocked if we head into April with someone right on our heels or passed us in the standings.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Taking of of this in the realm of positivity: Remember how Detroit owned the 'hawks in the 2009 WCF? Detroit's vets put on the pressure and the 'hawks kids had no answers.

The series with Tampa was a lot of the same: a lot of seasoned vets going up against kids trying to make their mark. That right there was building some of the kids' leadership. You could argue that in terms of Keith, Seabrook, and especially Toews that a lot of what they went through in that 2009 Detroit series helped them learn, improvise, adapt, and overcome in the future years.

So, yeah: Learning experience. While I'm not trying to drum guys out of our lineup it's highly likely that guys like Mitchell, Suter, Dach (even though he's out), Debrincat, and maybe even Boqvist are going to play without Toews/Kane/Keith's leadership because getting old sucks--and they can't play forever.

I think that the kids, after playing some of the central also-rans for a long time, coming up against a true contender and seeing the next gear that Tampa had will help them in the long run--or if nothing else, weed out the pretenders.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well...they had 6 games left with the hawks.

6-0 and there's 6 games.

You guys act like there's 10 games left in the season when in fact not even half way done.

Hell...a team won the Stanley cup 2 years ago and they were much further back (without the games in hand) than either Columbus or Dallas is to the hawks right now.

I wouldn't be shocked if we head into April with someone right on our heels or passed us in the standings.
[/QUOTE]

5-1 Nostradamus?