Hawks vs Caps Dec 15 2021

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

• cut.png
TIME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
After an unexpected three-day break, the Blackhawks return to action on Wednesday night as the Washington Capitals make their lone visit this season to the United Center.
RELATED LINKS
NEWS: Fleury Third All-Time to 500 Wins
FEATURE: My Husband, Marc-Andre by Veronique Fleury
VERDICT: Fleury - Authentic, Genuine and World-Class

TEAM RECORDS

• CHI: 10-15-2, 22 PTS
  • WSH: 17-5-6, 40 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Can't make it out to the United Center? Mike Monaco and Colby Cohen have you covered for all the action on NBC Sports Chicago with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m., while John Wiedeman and Paul Caponigri have the radio broadcast of tonight's game on WGN Radio with a special appearance from Troy Murray as well.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Decent performance this evening, need to play a full 60 to beat this Caps team.

Go Hawks Go!!!!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Very oddly. If they hold this lead this will be the 13 straight game of win/loss/win/loss

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Flower gave up a couple softies but then again the fail tandem of Murphy and McCabe was on the ice cosplaying pylons on both.

I liked the aggressiveness tonight, but hate that whole clamshell “we’re just going to let them score and tie the game” strategy in the third.

And let me just say, I’ve been liking Dach these last few games. Maybe that talk King had with him cracked thru the layers. He’s been very good in his own zone I just hope he doesn’t do too much. I like him with Kura.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Last night's game by Dach is why I still have hope for this kid, he looked dominant at times against one of the top teams in the NHL. There was one shift in the 3rd where he was a man amongst boys, even though the Hawks didn't score.

Jones: although he had a horrific turnover on the PP in the 1st that led to a Grade A chance the other way, he also had a tremendous game.

Nice seeing the PP finally erupt for a few.

Kurashev has been much better ever since being sent down, but he left Ovi wide open on the GTG while puck-watching.

Colin Fraser mentioned this on the post-game: early in the year, this team would have folded when the Caps tied it and lost. Even though they haven't gone on a streak yet, the Hawks are looking like a solid team and are keeping up with powerhouses like Calgary, Toronto, and Washington. They need at least one long streak though -- I would have never thought they'd be able to produce one, but they're changing my mind now, assuming everything doesn't get shut down from Covid.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Hawks have managed to leap frog just one team for the last playoff spot. They got 6 more teams to jump for the last spot.

seasons over boyz . . . tank?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The Hawks have managed to leap frog just one team for the last playoff spot. They got 6 more teams to jump for the last spot.

seasons over boyz . . . tank?
The Hawks have been one of the better teams in the league since King took over. I don’t think tanking is an option any more.

Are they bad? Sure, but not a Colonton coached bad. One thing King has done is focus on the players positives and is a lot better at hiding their negatives outside of pairing Murphy with McCabe. Having Strome on the ice trying to hold onto a lead was a brain fart, tho.

I’m liking Caleb the more he plays. He’s bringing some speed and skill from the back end, I like Strome actually getting a chance but his distribution needs a bit of tweaking, and Dach has been excellent these last few games. His puck protecting skills are elite already at a young age. And while he’s still really green offensively and his pass first crap really needs an intervention, you are looking at a kid who’s borderline elite at everything but goal scoring and faceoffs.

Flower has been as good as advertised to the point he gets a mulligan when he lets in a softie. He’s been almost as good as Crawford was with nothing in front of him to help, and I’m sorry Flower fans, Crow was just on another level being a human back stop.

Colonton really did a number on this team, and if Blowman knew he lost the room he should have fixed that and not been such a selfish prick about it. Watch the interviews after he was launched, Toews was looking down and smirking and Cat shat all over him, those are your locker room leaders.

If this team can make it interesting up until the last game, I really think you can call this season a success. If they can get to 500 then anything is possible. I don’t think they are playoff team good, but fighting for a playoff spot team good.

But, if they can make the playoffs, with Kane, anything is possible. And Seth is a playoff player himself.

Granada

Liked Posts:
You're not rebuilding -- or even beginning a rebuild -- any time soon, with the way Bowman constructed the team last off-season. If you're out of it by the trade deadline, then yes, maybe you might start to move pieces for a rebuild next season; but right now, it's premature.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
You're not rebuilding -- or even beginning a rebuild -- any time soon, with the way Bowman constructed the team last off-season. If you're out of it by the trade deadline, then yes, maybe you might start to move pieces for a rebuild next season; but right now, it's premature.
That’s the problem.

This team under Blowman was never rebuilding but was in perpetual retool mode. Even when he stated publicly they were rebuilding he pulled that carpet out from under it and traded futures for Seth, which is still a trade I’d make knowing what the price was. It’s still a Pace bad trade considering the situation.

If they want to rebuild and actually commit to it, you have to start asking Kane and Toews to list teams. Kane’s going to jumpstart your rebuild, Toews will jumpstart your cap space, and stick to it.

I listen to so many podcasts that even the pundits making them off their phones think CDH has second round pick value at the deadline. I really want to try whatever drugs these guys are on, as this type of delusion I think would classify as an outer body experience and one of my dreams as a child was to fly like a bird, but if that’s his value this should have been done months ago.

The Hawks have a lot of fourth liners, these guys have value at the deadline. Flower playing as well as he has is putting his value closer to a late first, high second rounder.

If they are out of it at that deadline, they need to back up the truck already and have somebody come in and clean this mess

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Honestly, with all the transactions that had taken place with Bowman last season, I do believe however the team is rebuilding and they are currently in the middle of it. This team is certainly not challenging for a cup or a run at the top of the division, so in retrospect they are rebuilding for that opportunity. This team will have a lot of moving parts in the next few seasons and when that is done, then we can say the rebuild may be over except for some tweaking. Toews, Kane, Kubalik, DeHaan, Strome, Decat will be up for a new contract, Fleury will be out, Lanks may not be the guy, maybe not, so when I look at it this way the team is still rebuilding regardless of Bowmans free agent pickups and trades last season.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Honestly, with all the transactions that had taken place with Bowman last season, I do believe however the team is rebuilding and they are currently in the middle of it. This team is certainly not challenging for a cup or a run at the top of the division, so in retrospect they are rebuilding for that opportunity. This team will have a lot of moving parts in the next few seasons and when that is done, then we can say the rebuild may be over except for some tweaking. Toews, Kane, Kubalik, DeHaan, Strome, Decat will be up for a new contract, Fleury will be out, Lanks may not be the guy, maybe not, so when I look at it this way the team is still rebuilding regardless of Bowmans free agent pickups and trades last season.

Fair enough. I guess it's how you define rebuild, but the way I see it, this team was constructed (by Bowman) to be a playoff team, at least, this year. He could have rebuilt, but he elected to "go for it" (playoffs), probably to save his job. It's almost like he got scared and completely reversed course.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Fair enough. I guess it's how you define rebuild, but the way I see it, this team was constructed (by Bowman) to be a playoff team, at least, this year. He could have rebuilt, but he elected to "go for it" (playoffs), probably to save his job. It's almost like he got scared and completely reversed course.
I do agree that Bowman built this current team to be a playoff team, but we all know Bowman lived in a fantasy world, what he thought and what everyone knew were 2 different things.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stranger things have happened in hockey than a Kane/Fleury team clicking.
I have to respect who those two are historically and allow a little dreaming. Plus the ironies of Bowmans last clown move taking Hawks to the cup would be the stuff of ambrosia.

I’m pretty sure we all held back plenty just to give the kid a chance, but fuck we could not have been fairer to Jeremy Colliton. We did not give nearly enough grief it seems.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All in all this season couldn’t be going off any better. Even as it happened early a few of us hinted at the silver lining if we scuttled so badly we could shed either Bowman or Colliton so early we could play back in…

and fuck if that didn’t happen in a best case way, getting both and being a 5 game win streak from .500 with lots of rink to run yet.

I’m not for being buyers or sellers but let them win with a smile if they can and consider getting some help if they do.

selling obvious if it doesn’t keep aligning.