Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TEAM RECORDS
  • CHI: 8-7-4, 20 PTS (6th in Central)
  • BUF: 10-6-3, 23 PTS (4th in Atlantic)
TV: NBCSCH RADIO: WGN Radio 720 STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp

Buffalo took a 4-2 win over the Ottawa Sentators on Saturday, snapping a six-game winless streak. Jack Eichel scored all four goals for the Sabres and leads the team with 23 points (12G, 11A).

Can the Hawks make it 4 in a row?

Alex Nylander is set to face his former team for the first time since being acquired in exchange for Henri Jokiharju this past offseason.

"It's going to be really fun," said Nylander, the Sabres eighth overall pick in 2016. "I've got a couple of teammates from there last year, so it's going to be a good game and hopefully come out with a win."

In 18 games this sesaon in Chicago, Nylander has nine points (4G, 5A), including a pair of goals on Saturday night in Nashville

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kaner

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Toews

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
De Hann ya goof

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eichel

WesIsaLeo

Liked Posts:
Got home in time to see the start of the 3rd. I will assume de Haan's pass was from jet-lag. Shame our goalies are playing so thoroughly well only to be let-down by bull-honk like that.

From what I saw (three missed golden scoring opportunities well before the conclusion) Chicago could have won 8-1. They looked like a well-rested team all the way to the end. Rick Jeanneret would have shown more oomph than Buffalo.

What a difference from a fortnight ago. I felt it would happen but w/ the combinations and Murphy back...oh yeah.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was nice to us keep pushing for a whole 60. Glad to see us aggressive on the forecheck; something I have been wanting to see for awhile.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'm in shock at the turnaround. Processing.

The coach told the 3 time cup winners to stop listening to him about the offensive zone. Told the defense they can pinch because a forward will back them up. They are simply playing Q hockey again. That is what he means about a slight change in the off forward. When a D man pinches the off forward goes back to the blue line, the other d man rotates.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Less than 40SA! Someone stop the press!

Seriously, good job boys!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach was outstanding

He is very strong on the puck for an 18 year old so I imagine the system tweaks and increased forward freedom are good for him.

Strome/Kane/Kubalik/Dach should be among the winners whose games increase in value with these changes.

Kampf/Wedin/Carpenter/Smith

Gus also became instantly comfortable and found not one but two goals since the switch.

But its hard to single anyone out...there were no points to go around taking 10 shots a game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lost my shit toward the end of that experiment.

Glad the front office finally did too, but took a measured approach and gave a young coach a chance to change.

Apologies to any offenses during the rage outs. I can't remember being so mad at a coach since Mel Tucker, but there is little more miserable than getting 200+ running yards put on you week after week.