HAWKS WIN~!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Lafferty is a solid player. Someone you "build around"? I wouldn't go that far. You don't build around a 27-year-old solid 3rd liner.

Domi: hard not to like this guy right now. Seems like this line is starting to gel, at least compared to Game 1.

You can say goodbye to the non-physical Hawks of yesteryear. This team hits everything in sight and I love it. And they're not love-taps either. McCabe had a beautiful stand-up hit at the blue-line yesterday.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Big fan of Lafferty, dude busts his ass.

Overall, much better at the dot, have some snarl, willing to block shots. That's coaching. Yeah they're not great, but fun to watch.
Richardson was a huge reason that dumpster fire Habs team went to the Cup(along with Price) I’m not suprised at this sudden influx of defensive responsibility. He’s a good coach who probably scares the living shit out the room.

The guy was tough. 50/50 fighter who ate punches like donuts against good fighters but never backed down and threw his body around. I really don’t think the guys a transition coach once the Hawks turn the corner. I think he’s here for the long hall and I’m not upset that this team went from puck possession(read-2010-2015) to physically beating the crap out of teams, speed, and compete. It’s a breath of fresh air in a stale ass room that stunk like sewage under Colonton and Blowman.

I like it.

Granada

Liked Posts:
They're finding success under Richardson because the guy keeps it simple with the defensive scheme and also, yes, players actually respect him. It will be interesting to see if it continues, but do I even want it to?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WHAT A COMEBACK!!! Don't look now but the Lightning are in last place <hawks have their 1st round pick courtesy of hagel trade who has done nothing for them>

Except contribute in the playoffs, fight hard on their pk, and cost less then the veterans he replaced in those bit roles they want him for. Which they need.

As for last place…don’t even dare to dream.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We find out where we really stand tonight.

If we could win this one by any means…I’ll start to believe (a little).

KBIB

Liked Posts:
They're finding success under Richardson because the guy keeps it simple with the defensive scheme and also, yes, players actually respect him. It will be interesting to see if it continues, but do I even want it to?
I hope it don’t.

You traded a pretty damn good player in Cat so this team bottoms out (fuck Dach) who could have been a huge difference maker.

I’ve watched every Seattle game so far and yes, Korchinski is a special talent. Like, he might end up being the best player from that draft special. And if he does, then KD looks like a boss.

But…you traded away a 40 goal guy who has ridiculous chemistry with the best player ever to wear the indianhead for him. If he isn’t the best player from that draft or a first pairing guy, you look like a clown wearing a Kelly mask.

I like Korchinski an awful lot, but 40 goals a year is hard to trade away and there’s nobody who can convince me that Cat wouldn’t adapt to what LR is coaching.

That said, I don’t think the hawks finish bottom three without completely getting rid of every vet come deadline day and that’s impossible cap wise without a bunch of garbage coming back in return.

They just need to be top ten bad. This draft has nine top line players and one top pairing guy.

The big question is, IF the hawks are in a playoff spot come dead line, are they buyers or sellers?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
R we good?

Dickinson, Robinson, and Tinordi were some serious good fit late waiver adds with size that completed our trend.

To echo the Lightning musing with reason…I think we would need a couple injuries to the usual Stamkos injury.

Hedman is the lynch pin to the lightning having any chance of falling apart and into the lottery…add Vasilesky and a few others maybe if they had a plane crash…etc

Reichel is ready…which can add something to Toews line.

Or if this dream ends we just keep him in Rockford, trade Domi high, extend some of these young guys, and trade our goalies to fall into the lottery ourselves.

Bust

Liked Posts:
!!!HAWKS WIN 4 IN A ROW!!!
!!LIGHTNING LOSE!!

Hawks staying consistent at the FO circle and strong penalty kill in the early going. Florida 0-6 on pp (1:30 of those was a 2 man advantage)

Face off was strong again vs Florida . . .
Lafferty 67pct face off wins
Entwistle 67pct
Domi 61pct
Toews 53pct
Dickinson 47 pct

Last edited:

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The hawks are 2nd in the league in faceoff percentage and have the 8th ranked PK.

Here’s hoping the Nucks fire Bruce and call up Colonton. Fuck them.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I haven’t watched a game. Is this for real or are they frauds?

Granada

Liked Posts:
R we good?

Dickinson, Robinson, and Tinordi were some serious good fit late waiver adds with size that completed our trend.
It's still early but yeah, I have to agree, at least right now -- who knows what happens in a few weeks when all the teams in the NHL get their regular grooves going. It just seems like so many decent/great teams are coming out the gate slow because it's just the beginning of the year, and maybe bad teams are taking advantage of that for the time being.

I wonder if Davidson is kicking himself or if he's happy. Again, it's early, but if they can somehow keep it up, this team looks like a worst-case scenario as far as a rebuild goes. I wouldn't bet on that just yet, but still, it's got to be nerve-wracking for a rebuilding GM.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WHAT A COMEBACK!!! Don't look now but the Lightning are in last place <hawks have their 1st round pick courtesy of hagel trade who has done nothing for them>