HAWKS WIN~!

Bust

Liked Posts:
WHAT A COMEBACK!!! Don't look now but the Lightning are in last place <hawks have their 1st round pick courtesy of hagel trade who has done nothing for them>

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hawks lead the nhl with 3 short handed goals!! WOW!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Not going to lie I totally turn this off. Completely shocked that they won. Feels good to always beat the wings. But I want both of them and the lightning to fail miserably to not fuck up the draft.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I tried watching it on the way home from my kids hockey practice guess I should have watched the 3rd period and OT

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I see why KD didn't push harder to move Toews and Kaner. He wants those two to prop up the trash they signed to enhance their value.
Not T & K.....enhance the trash. Try to make mopes like Domi, Tinnori and Dickinson actually worth something at the deadline. Which might also explain why a kid with some promise like Reichel was sent down. They don't want him interfering with the process by taking their ice time.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Max Domi is cool cat. Tie Domi raised him well.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I see why KD didn't push harder to move Toews and Kaner. He wants those two to prop up the trash they signed to enhance their value.
Not T & K.....enhance the trash. Try to make mopes like Domi, Tinnori and Dickinson actually worth something at the deadline. Which might also explain why a kid with some promise like Reichel was sent down. They don't want him interfering with the process by taking their ice time.
Toews has looked good so far this year, although last night was a so so game. As for Kaner, it's tough to watch him play with AA and Domi, as it must be tough for him aswell. I don't see Domi getting much in return, He just doesn't have it, hype of skill since he was a jr but it's the same thing everytime with a new team. As some say, you can't make him better than he is! HE is what He Is! not gonna change much now at what 28? If anything Kaner's looked blah, it's too bad since he's one of the reasons I watch, just doesn't have the motivation to play with those guys( I still keep waiting for THE CAT to one time on the PP LOL)as Im sure he wishes as well, maybe needs to play with JT and Raddysh just to spark him again?

Bust

Liked Posts:
on the topic of how every season is never guaranteed which is why this years hawks can surprise. Look at the goaltending start to the 113 point Minnesota squad who came into the year with HUGE EXPECTATIONS, OUCH!!

in other news, Robin Lehner is out for the season with hip surgery. A great non signing when there were early vibes Lehner could be extended long term.

!!!!!BRUTAL!!!!

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toews has looked good so far this year, although last night was a so so game. As for Kaner, it's tough to watch him play with AA and Domi, as it must be tough for him aswell. I don't see Domi getting much in return, He just doesn't have it, hype of skill since he was a jr but it's the same thing everytime with a new team. As some say, you can't make him better than he is! HE is what He Is! not gonna change much now at what 28? If anything Kaner's looked blah, it's too bad since he's one of the reasons I watch, just doesn't have the motivation to play with those guys( I still keep waiting for THE CAT to one time on the PP LOL)as Im sure he wishes as well, maybe needs to play with JT and Raddysh just to spark him again?
I can't argue the point with you because in all honesty, I don't watch. I see bits and pieces that if you added them up wouldn't even be close to one full game. I've been seeing a lot of tanking with our teams here lately and it's getting pretty old. I will say this...if playing with Kaner gets a stiff like Domi 9-10 goals by mid season, there will be a market for him. He's a rugged guy with a bit of playoff experience....he could fill an injury whole for some contender.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
They are playing defense and the goaltending has been god tier.

I really wanna know what Richardson could have done with Cat and Kubalik still on this team.

Bust

Liked Posts:
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

2022 Blackhawks have outscored teams 7-1 in the 3rd period. 4 shorthanded goals to lead the league.

Another stat you never saw with Bowman and Mark Kelly's soft roster makeup over the years. Blackhawks were credited with 40 hits vs Seattle and a 70pct face off win pct.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KBIB

Liked Posts:
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

2022 Blackhawks have outscored teams 7-1 in the 3rd period. 4 shorthanded goals to lead the league.

Another stat you never saw with Bowman and Mark Kelly's soft roster makeup over the years. Blackhawks were credited with 40 hits vs Seattle and a 70pct face off win pct.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That faceoff percentage isn’t sustainable.

It can’t be……..

Bust

Liked Posts:
That faceoff percentage isn’t sustainable.

It can’t be……..

2022 Hawks have improved on faceoffs this year (was it coaching technique or?) . . . years past it seemed like they lost all draws then got cycled on in their own zone for long shifts, lol

during their 3 game win streak
69 pct faceoff win vs Kraken
62 pct vs Red Wings
52 pct vs Sharks

*********IT'S A SIGN BOYZ***********

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its called not having Kirby Dach and his faceoff % (trust me you heard this alot on the site last year about his %) although Max Domi at times looks like him till he gets booted out of circle and AA wins the draw.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
2022 Hawks have improved on faceoffs this year (was it coaching technique or?) . . . years past it seemed like they lost all draws then got cycled on in their own zone for long shifts, lol

during their 3 game win streak
69 pct faceoff win vs Kraken
62 pct vs Red Wings
52 pct vs Sharks

*********IT'S A SIGN BOYZ***********
Honestly I think they’re hovering are 60% this year as a team. That’s insane.

Toews is elite, but who would have thunk Domi was this good at the dot? Face offs matter and it’s refreshing the staff feels the same way.

And I hate to admit it…but I’m warming up to Domi. When he’s not trying to be all Kaner he’s just a solid guy out there.

And Lafferty….I’m eating crow. His legs are always moving. The guys compete is leveled up higher then most and he never steps outside his skill set thinking he’s somebody he’s not. Make no mistakes, the reason Dickinson is getting all the attention is on account of Lafferty and all the work he does.

This team gets swept in the first round. They need to start losing….but I’m loving the winning.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Toews is elite, but who would have thunk Domi was this good at the dot? Face offs matter and it’s refreshing the staff feels the same way.

And I hate to admit it…but I’m warming up to Domi. When he’s not trying to be all Kaner he’s just a solid guy out there.

And Lafferty….I’m eating crow. His legs are always moving. The guys compete is leveled up higher then most and he never steps outside his skill set thinking he’s somebody he’s not. Make no mistakes, the reason Dickinson is getting all the attention is on account of Lafferty and all the work he does.

This team gets swept in the first round. They need to start losing….but I’m loving the winning.

Hawks have a great PK to start the year. A stat was put up on them highlights where the Hawks penalty kill stopped last 10 of 11 chances. That does not include the 4 short hand goals the other way.

***IT'S A SIGN***

Bust

Liked Posts:
Its called not having Kirby Dach . . .

Sam Lafferty is what Kirby Dach was supposed to bring. Big dude with skill who can play both ways.

Lafferty has been a threat on the PK (primary reason they got 4 short handers) and wins puck battles like a mofo. Him and Dickinson are working great off each other.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
3 in a row. One positive of this is it's building trade value for some of these guys before the unloading they are doing what many said. Competitive against the bad teams just enough to make the illusion of a hockey team. Like what Richardson is doing so far though. Can't wait to see it through a non rebuild year.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Big fan of Lafferty, dude busts his ass.

Overall, much better at the dot, have some snarl, willing to block shots. That's coaching. Yeah they're not great, but fun to watch.