Haynesworth to the Bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my mind, it seems like Albert Haynesworth just doesn't wanna play for the 'Skins...he dropped 30 pounds and is one of the best defensive lineman in the league. If everyone else can pass the test, he can. The whole situation is rediculous. Would you want him on the :bears: ? It might all pan out for Washington, we never know...but it's all but impossible right now. Give me your opinion.

Last edited:

Nerrad

Liked Posts:
i dont want that lazy overpaid, overrated waste

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He wants to be a 3-technique in a 4-3 defense. We already have a guy making a ton of money at that position in Tommie Harris.

Logistically, it can't happen. It'd be fun to have him in front of #54, but it's a pipe dream.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
In fantasy it works. He is a great defensive linemen when he is on but he isn't going to fit or want to if it were possible. Even throwing out the talk of what it would take to get him because I doubt the Redskins would just take a draft pick and non of the Bears D-linemen are acceptable trade partners because the Redskins need a NT and the Bears have no true NT.

Haynesworth is a 2 gap defensemen DT if he came to the Bears he is going to be still upset like he is playing for the Redskins because he'll still have to play NT. It won't be 3-4 NT but 1 gap NT is still not want he wants. Unless you swap him over Tommie Harris and he plays the UT spot but then your paying way to much or you have to cut Harris. Even then Haynesworth isn't accustomed to that style and probably will whine.

That would be paying 3 guys way too much money on that D-line especially because all 3 of them have been known to take games off or play good in streaks.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
In fantasy it works. He is a great defensive linemen when he is on but he isn't going to fit or want to if it were possible. Even throwing out the talk of what it would take to get him because I doubt the Redskins would just take a draft pick and non of the Bears D-linemen are acceptable trade partners because the Redskins need a NT and the Bears have no true NT.

Haynesworth is a 2 gap defensemen DT if he came to the Bears he is going to be still upset like he is playing for the Redskins because he'll still have to play NT. It won't be 3-4 NT but 1 gap NT is still not want he wants. Unless you swap him over Tommie Harris and he plays the UT spot but then your paying way to much or you have to cut Harris. Even then Haynesworth isn't accustomed to that style and probably will whine.

That would be paying 3 guys way too much money on that D-line especially because all 3 of them have been known to take games off or play good in streaks.

They can cut him if he doesn't pass the tests.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That doesn't invalidate the points of the latter 2/3rds of my comment. Haynesworth doesn't seem like the man who will sign for the cheap despite the money in his pocket for doing nothing.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my mind, it seems like Albert Haynesworth just doesn't wanna play for the 'Skins...he dropped 30 pounds and is one of the best offensive lineman in the league. If everyone else can pass the test, he can. The whole situation is rediculous. Would you want him on the :bears: ? It might all pan out for Washington, we never know...but it's all but impossible right now. Give me your opinion.

Not sure if you actually think he's an Olineman, or if it's a typo, but he's a defensive tackle my friend.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if you actually think he's an Olineman, or if it's a typo, but he's a defensive tackle my friend.

It was a typo, sorry. I was typing this quick because I had to leave and didn't go over it.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
The only time he plays is in his "contract" year. So no. He dropped 30 pounds?Weird,why didn't he pass his "test"?

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haynesworth has a horrible work ethic and the only time he tries hard is in a contract year. The Redskins have tried to move him but to no avail. Plus, the Bears need O-Line man, not a DT.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He tries in more than a contract year, he just will still not try in some games of that year. He failed the test twice, unless he already did it a third time and passed he still has failed. He dropped 30 lbs but still hasn't been working out enough to keep in shape in the second half of the test.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only time he plays is in his "contract" year. So no. He dropped 30 pounds?Weird,why didn't he pass his "test"?

Ever heard of the fact he hates the 3-4 and asked for a trade? Ever heard of somebody fucking something up on purpose?

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let everyone hence the fact I made this thread for YOUR OPINIONS, I personally don't want him nor do I think we will get him, but it's in the realm of possibility.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It isn't just 3-4 he doesn't want to play, it's Nose tackle. Which is the spot he would play or he would supplant Harris (who has trained his fat off this year while Haynesworth has not) Plus he also prefers 2 gap scheme where he takes up bodies not the Tampa 2 1 gap.

It's not in the realm of possibility, it's a stupid joke of a fan hope that people were talking about last year and more foolishly now. It has no likelyhood and not even people with slight credibility mention it as possible.

It's not very likely he "fucked up on purpose" when he went through the first part well but was clearly way too winded and out of shape to keep his energy up to keep going.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't think they would invest that much money to let him bounce after 1 season. Just my thoughts.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Ever heard of the fact he hates the 3-4 and asked for a trade? Ever heard of somebody fucking something up on purpose?

You asked for opinions and I gave it to you. So he's going to take this test and continue to fail it because it improves his probability of being traded? Obviously noone wants him or his inflated contract.

So I'll let you continue with your groundbreaking sports analysis and earthshattering hypothetical questions.

:walter:

Manticore

Liked Posts:

It's not in the realm of possibility, it's a stupid joke of a fan hope that people were talking about last year and more foolishly now. It has no likelyhood and not even people with slight credibility mention it as possible.

It's not very likely he "fucked up on purpose" when he went through the first part well but was clearly way too winded and out of shape to keep his energy up to keep going.

Common sense,back by popular demand.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, it's just what I heard; that they could cut them and get their money back. It's possible. Like I said, I don't support it and I don't think the 'Skins love him nearly as much as they used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.