HC Candidate: Arthur Smith, Titans OC

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I meant Gabbert. The titans 2018 pass game sucked because Mariota (who had a bum shoulder) and Blaine Gabbert. The running game was just as good as it is now, which is impressive considering they had no QB.

If you want to credit Smith for Tannehill saving them from an even worse passing game then in 2018, go right ahead, I'm pretty sure Lafleur would have fared even better with Tannehill, considering he (Lafleur) has a much, much better resume as far as QB work goes.

Yes, im not criticizing Smith at all. Thats a great, well rounded O.

I mean, yeah, LaFleur is a QB coach by trade....so he should have a better QB resume. Smith, though, is 1-for-1 on his QB resume. And that one was a top 10 bust he turned into an MVP candidate. That's pretty huge.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
I mean, yeah, LaFleur is a QB coach by trade....so he should have a better QB resume. Smith, though, is 1-for-1 on his QB resume. And that one was a top 10 bust he turned into an MVP candidate. That's pretty huge.
1 for 1? Why would Tannehill count but not Mariota?

My point is, I dont see much to think that Tannehill would be any worse off with the Titans under Lafleur instead of Smith. Especially considering every QB Lafleur ever has had (save for Mariota, who had a lingering injury), had their best season with him, RG3, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers (still pending, but hes on pace) etc.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
1 for 1? Why would Tannehill count but not Mariota?

My point is, I dont see much to think that Tannehill would be any worse off with the Titans under Lafleur instead of Smith. Especially considering every QB Lafleur ever has had (save for Mariota, who had a lingering injury), had their best season with him, RG3, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff, Aaron Rodgers (still pending, but hes on pace) etc.

Mariota only started like 5 games with him as OC. You can't count Mariota as Smith's failure after 4 years with other coordinators. But yeah, I'm sure Tannehill would be similarly good with LaFleur. And i understand that's your point, but not sure why that matters so much, the Bears aren't going to get LaFleur. If Smith is the next closest thing, then he would be a no-brainer hire, IMO.