He did well against scrubs....

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sarcasm in every single post. No exceptions.

Is Novak your child?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Trubinsky was in Charlotesville yesterday. He solved race relations in this country.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adams sat out.. he's dinged up.

And yes... I make it no secret I wanted Adams+Kizer or Adams+Peterman. FYI both Peterman and Kizer also did well in their preseason debuts.

But not as well as Trubisky. If you say they did well, you have to say Mitch did best. Kizer had a slightly higher passer rating but Mitch played the best overall. It doesn't mean any of these guys will be in the HOF but why wouldn't a fan be excited?

Liked Posts:
I know I'm in the definite minority here... not being a 'Ra Ra for Trubisky' type.

I've been around these boards for many pre-season games... and in many of those games we've seen players who played very well vs. 3rd stringers and other players who won't be collecting paychecks on any given Sunday. And we're always reminded of the fact that they performed well vs. inferior talent... not the starters. The real test never comes until they can face the regular season players.

What made Trubisky's first outing any different than recent QBs like Garoppolo and Clausen, seeing that their performances in their first games were not to dis-similar?
I feel for you Lower Case d. He played great regardless if it was 2nd and third stringers.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
As Bears fans, we've all seen shitty QBs do well in the preseason. This didn't look like one of those, and that's probably why people are excited.

ignignokt

Liked Posts:
Isn't the Second overall pick in the draft supposed to dominate the scrubs? If he had a poor showing against the scrubs there would be reason to panic. I like the fact that he read through his progressions, threw on the run, and had some clock management skills. He will have some growing pains and make some bad decisions, but if he keeps doing what he did that first game against better players he will win the team over.
The defense is looking for someone to keep them off the field and put points on the board. Akiem Hicks made a joke about his "360 Glitch Spin" during a game time sideline interview. Hicks looked excited about what he saw, I got excited seeing the leader of our defense getting excited about Mitchell.
The fact that he balanced Illinois State budget and race relations in Charlottesville is just icing on the cake.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I know I'm in the definite minority here... not being a 'Ra Ra for Trubisky' type.

I've been around these boards for many pre-season games... and in many of those games we've seen players who played very well vs. 3rd stringers and other players who won't be collecting paychecks on any given Sunday. And we're always reminded of the fact that they performed well vs. inferior talent... not the starters. The real test never comes until they can face the regular season players.

What made Trubisky's first outing any different than recent QBs like Garoppolo and Clausen, seeing that their performances in their first games were not to dis-similar?

Did the "scrubs" get pressure on him?

Did their "scrubs" decide not to cover our receivers?

Did we have "scrubs" to work with on O as well?

Did he perform well despite working with 3rd an 4th team players - many of which will not be on a roster in 2 months?

So... yea. Your argument is weak at best.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
... yea. Your argument is weak at best.
I presented no argument in the first place.

I posed a question to discuss what others actually saw in his game that other lesser QBs we've had lacked... in spite of having similiar first showings. And for the most part the question has been answered except by those who live for argument and insult.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If he's going to be great he better be great against the scrubs. Which he he did. It's ok to be excited.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like others have said his accuracy both from the pocket and while on the move were impressive. He put balls where only his receivers could get to them, a huge plus after years of smokin J. The one thing that really stood out to me though was his pocket awareness and that is something you simply cannot teach. He seemed to know when the defenders were getting too close and made the right decision to slide up in the pocket, roll out to buy time for a receiver to get open, or tuck it and run. Yes, he did most of this against 3rd or 4th string guys (many of whom won't be around when the season starts) but also against the 2nd string guys in that 2 minute drill to end the first half with a TD. To top it off, when the "scrubs" were in, he not only looked good, he dominated. That is what you want to see from a top drafted QB in this league. That said, I want to see him continue to improve his clock management as he seemed a little slow getting people to the line and spiking the ball on that final drive. I also saw him stare down a receiver or two during that game and I would like to see him work though his progression better but those things should come with time. Bottom line, the kid looked like a gamer and I am really excited to watch him again this week and I am hoping they have moved him ahead of butt fumble on the depth chart.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont want to be all rah rah either, but Dirty sanchez only went in two three and out series, and for all the people saying the two minute drill was run against scrubs sure seem to be missing who was out there defending. I saw him roll around to stay out of trouble but people are all saying he did not see blitzes. Did the Broncos really not want their first or second team defense to get a two minute drill?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I posed a question to discuss what others actually saw in his game that other lesser QBs we've had lacked.

He didn't drop back 50 yards and then escape pressure by running backwards 50 more.
He didn't trip over his own feet rolling out.
He didn't get his feet stepped on by the center.
He didn't throw to a defender with no WR in the area making you wonder what he saw.
He pulled high snaps in, unlike our starting QB.
He converted a 3rd and long.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He flashed a physical skill set and the composure of a top line NFL QB.

He could have made those throws against high school DBs and they are still impressive physical throws.

If that doesn't get the blood flowing to your penis I am not sure what does.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Try this next time in your evaluation......watch his head and how quickly he goes through reads(one play, he read through all three reads, quick as hell and hit the check down)...watch how he has the ability to anticipate his throws(doesn't need to see guy open, like Cutler), he throws the ball and trusts his guy is suppose to be there, like his route tells him too. Also his ability to fell pressure and bail, while keeping his eyes down field was great to see.

Does that mean he is going to be great...who knows.....but what most see and do feel, is that he has the potential to be franchise. IMO, not Brady or Rodgers...but I can see him being like a Drew Brees type of guy....that would be a blessing, especially for this franchise.

Also playing against scrubs he looked like a man amongst boys

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was my third choice. I wanted Kizer or Watson first, but wanted any of those 3 with our first pick (not so into Mahomes)....

So far so good with Trubisky. Yes, he played against 2nd and 3rd stringers, but so did 2nd year Paxton Lynch, a qb who also came from a spread option system in college, who going into his second year seemed to only be able to complete a first-read slant pass. The comparison between the two is night and day. Denver sports radio and Denver fans are ready to give up on Paxton already, and loved what they saw in Trubisky. Kids got a chance to be special....never thought I'd say that about a Bears QB.

dawags

Liked Posts:
He also ran 3 times and was smart enough to never take a hit.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Um excuse me? Jimmy G has dominated any time he has touched the field whether in preseason or regular season.