He did well against scrubs....

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I know I'm in the definite minority here... not being a 'Ra Ra for Trubisky' type.

I've been around these boards for many pre-season games... and in many of those games we've seen players who played very well vs. 3rd stringers and other players who won't be collecting paychecks on any given Sunday. And we're always reminded of the fact that they performed well vs. inferior talent... not the starters. The real test never comes until they can face the regular season players.

What made Trubisky's first outing any different than recent QBs like Garoppolo and Clausen, seeing that their performances in their first games were not to dis-similar?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
simple really his composure his running ability quick decision making and instincts idgaf if it had been the first stingers out there I think his performance would have been very similar.
but hell wtf do I know I'm a bricklayer not an nfl gm

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky is a Baer.

#
Fleecy.jpg

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I'm in the definite minority here... not being a 'Ra Ra for Trubisky' type.

I've been around these boards for many pre-season games... and in many of those games we've seen players who played very well vs. 3rd stringers and other players who won't be collecting paychecks on any given Sunday. And we're always reminded of the fact that they performed well vs. inferior talent... not the starters. The real test never comes until they can face the regular season players.

What made Trubisky's first outing any different than recent QBs like Garoppolo and Clausen, seeing that their performances in their first games were not to dis-similar?

You didn't like the pick...guessing you wanted Watson or Kizer.

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
It was the way the kid carried himself and the commanding presence he had when he was under center. Remember when Cutler would start a game that feeling you had of here comes another loss and when is he going to commit a turnover or kill a drive? Yeah I felt the opposite of that especially when it was one play after another stuff started clicking. You could tell the kid just had the "IT" factor.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't necessarily care that he was "beating scrubs." What I do care about and am excited about was his accuracy and his ability to escape the pocket and keep his eyes downfield and accuracy on the move. I don't care if it was 11 guys vs 0 guys, those throws were still remarkable and that's what you look for. Also, he was putting throws where only Bear players had the ability to make the catch, not just heaving jump balls.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The OP is still butt hurt we didn't draft Adams who he wanted. He might be butt hurt too that Adams either didn't play in the 1st game or he registered zero stats.

It's preseason but this much I know - Trubisky has shown more promise in the preseason than Adams has.

Way to get your guy Pace versus taking a safety with the 3rd pick.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OP is still butt hurt we didn't draft Adams who he wanted. He might be butt hurt too that Adams either didn't play in the 1st game or he registered zero stats.

It's preseason but this much I know - Trubisky has shown more promise in the preseason than Adams has.

Way to get your guy Pace versus taking a safety with the 3rd pick.

Dude, everyone knows strong safety's win Super Bowls.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
the difference for me is the eye test. he was hitting guys in stride. putting the ball in perfect place where the WR only had a play on it. Dealing with pressure and then throwing 20 yard strikes. Compared to other guys that play against 3rd stringers are hitting guys that are wide open due to a broken coverage. where the WR stops and waits for the ball to arrive.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

It was the first game of the Bears highest draft pick in a generation and he looked stellar. Yes- against scrubs. Yes- long way to go. Yes- he might never be a good QB- but dammit man- enjoy the small victories when you get 'em. This franchise has been awful since about 1945. Let's revel in the fact that Trubisky played well. Had he played as bad as Glennon- we'd have committed mass hari kari. Don't rain on the parade. Drink some Kool Aid- it's laced with weed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Mant of the things he did well was independent of competition. He went through his progressions, he stood tall in the pocket, he scrambled well, he threw dimes on the run. He ran two of the most efficient 2 minute drills in recent Bears memory. I can't remember the last time I wasn't baffled by the time wasted by Cutler, et al. getting to the line with a play call in the two minute drill

Newblood

Liked Posts:
And yet the OP gets wet for Peterman and bites on all the hype he hears about him so far. Weird...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I thought he kept his composure. If keeps playing like this there will be a tough issue for Pace and Co.

BTD I know you wanted a safety which I thought was a reach at 3 [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

With all due respect Bigtime D, he was put in for a two minute drill just before the half and did a fantastic job of marching his team down the field. He did not have the number one offence to work with either, so this should also be taken into consideration and duely noted as well. He did well with rollouts easily throwing incredibly accuratley with ease, as many sports analysts have written and talked about on radio programs. Also on tv.

Secondly: composure. I kind of made fun of someone the other day for saying that Deshawn Watson had the composure of Tom Brady, against scrubs of course right? Well that all being said Mitch Trubinsky had both Tom Brady's composure moreso than Watson in his debut, but also had that ability to extend a play with his feet and throwing on the run of an Aaron Rodgers, which no one wants to actually say, but he had it. Against scrubs is fine I guess, but if you have those abilities and talents and pure athleticism you had better look like that against scrubs! And he did, which I believe, and I think a lot of fans and legitimate analysts will agree in their belief, that he can look like that against starters, especially surrounded by his own starters on offence!