Votes: 5 100.0%
  • An offensive or defensive coordinator from another team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
If/When Lovie Smith gets fired, who do you want to replace him? The reason I put Mike Tice on there is that when he was with Minnesota, he was their offensive line coach before becoming their interim head coach and soon head coach. Also, please specify what other coach.

IMO, it depends on how poorly we play. If we are absolutely terrible, bring in a new guy, if we are decent, promote Martz, Tice, or Marinelli.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I would like to see how each of their respective gears work with the team. Obviously if the defense plays up to 2006 form.....Marinelli would be getting the most love from that. If the offense plays like the Martz' rams....he'll get the nod.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears have a losing season, not only is Lovie gone, but Jerry Angelo as well. I hope that they don't jettison Dave Toub, he's the best thing to happen to the Bears in a long time. Without him and his excellent ST, the Bears would a lot more games than they have.

I'd be fine w/ Toub being the coach, but Cowher is a solid hire as well. Only thing w/ Cowher is that he'll want to make the switch to a 3-4 and the Bears have no personnel for that switch

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do know for a fact (via Your Boy Roy) that a higher voice in the Bears organization voted to clean house and bring in Cowher. Cowher wants to coach Chicago, and if all fails this season, Cowher should come it. Best case scenario. Then, Ditka coming out of retirement is a pipe dream, so don't mention it.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears have a losing season, not only is Lovie gone, but Jerry Angelo as well. I hope that they don't jettison Dave Toub, he's the best thing to happen to the Bears in a long time. Without him and his excellent ST, the Bears would a lot more games than they have.

I'd be fine w/ Toub being the coach, but Cowher is a solid hire as well. Only thing w/ Cowher is that he'll want to make the switch to a 3-4 and the Bears have no personnel for that switch

Kind of a cop out in a way. Teams have made that switch in one offseason with out too much of an issue. It's not nearly as tough as people think.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^although in changing systems it helps to have defensive linebackers and linemen that can play multiple positions

FQD1911

War-Time Consigliere
Liked Posts:
some reporter at ESPN (i want to say Schefter) said that this is a peculiar situation b/c if there's a lockout, it's hard to fire & hire coaches (being that all franchises must have a head coach by a certain date, w/ or w/o lockout). hopefully, lovie does well and we won't have to go down this road, but if he doesn't, have no problem w/ the brass getting rid of JA and LS (and bringing in Cowher and HOPEFULLY Floyd Reese, Titans former GM).

as for the 3-4, the Bears would actually be pretty nice for it (thought a/b this for a long minute). Mark Anderson & Corey Wooten would be perfect for the OLB spots b/c of their size & versatility (and you could have BU/Hillenmeyer; Briggs/Pisa/Roach). and quite honestly, that would be pretty nasty to go against (and would make up for the shitty secondary play in past years).

Status
Not open for further replies.