Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I haven't seen much on possible candidates. Who are some that come to mind?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ive been on the Becky Hammon train but im expecting Kenny Atkinson and i'd be okay with that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
There is nobody right now that will grab this team and make them title-worthy. Whoever they get, is going to be a placeholder.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Adrian Griffin or Kenny Atkinson please

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
T Lue, might be able to help lure a big time FA which is the only thing that matters in the NBA. No top player, no title.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll be stunned if he keeps Boylen. I'm hopeful he'll come in and assess what he has and decide a style of play best suited for the talent they have....then pick a coach accordingly. I really believe they have some pieces in place right now and are not as bad as they have shown. I think Dunn is the only expiring contact of any signifigance so he's gonna have to improve through the draft and from what I'm reading, that's his strong suit....for now anyway or until they can get out from underneath the $35 mil being wasted on Porter and Felicio. At this point, any change of direction away from Garpax is one that should be well recieved.....

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
T Lue, might be able to help lure a big time FA which is the only thing that matters in the NBA. No top player, no title.

T Lue will forever be known as LeBrons puppet to me.

I would not mind Boylen staying with the organization, get true development in the G league where players need this teacher. Might start a system of development to fill out a roster. You get the 2 or 3 max guys you want, its either cheap good players or bought out vets chasing rings, and I dont think the vets will choose this yet.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
There is nobody right now that will grab this team and make them title-worthy. Whoever they get, is going to be a placeholder.

Well...obviously. You kind of need a title worthy roster to win titles. That doesn't mean the next HC will be a placeholder.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Allot of smoke around Adrian Griffin and that seems pretty fitting as he played for us, was an assistant under Thibs, and was actually teammates at Seton Hall with our new VP. Was lead assistant for the Raps last year. Not bad.

Jimmy Butler respects him and we know how Jimmy is. So that "bodes well" if you will :ROFLMAO:

1_ot3f2_7dvitdgw9smjwgua.jpeg

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well...obviously. You kind of need a title worthy roster to win titles. That doesn't mean the next HC will be a placeholder.

A coach develops, a scout and GM pick players. Coach makes a bad team better without moves. The GM makes a bad team better without development. If the coach is making trades and the GM is developing players, something is very bass ackwards.

And one day, if this Bulls front office turns around this shitty reputation, we'll be able to entice a great coach to take the job. For now we have to stick with a moderate improvement with a better attitude.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
A coach develops, a scout and GM pick players. Coach makes a bad team better without moves. The GM makes a bad team better without development. If the coach is making trades and the GM is developing players, something is very bass ackwards.

And one day, if this Bulls front office turns around this shitty reputation, we'll be able to entice a great coach to take the job. For now we have to stick with a moderate improvement with a better attitude.

I know what a GM, scout, and HC does. Like I said, the next HC isn’t necessarily going to be a placeholder.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know what a GM, scout, and HC does. Like I said, the next HC isn’t necessarily going to be a placeholder.
If you look at Jerry's history with both the Sox and the Bulls, and he's been very good to his front offices and his head coaches/managers. Between Kenny Williams, Ozzie, Schuler, Hahn, Krause, Pax, Gar, Thibs, and Boylen, he always tend to stick behind these guys until it absolutely becomes untenable. So, no, the next HC (and Adrian Griffin makes the absolute most sense to be HC (as does either Nazr or Finley to become GM)) is not necessarily a placeholder. The only wildcard is what Michael thinks 2-3 years from now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
PS, anytime Cowley has been tweeting about Nazr, it autocorrects to "Nazi" and nobody that follows him seems to realize that is what is happening.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Adrian Griffin or Kenny Atkinson please
I'll be honest, at first I dismissed what I put in bold, but today I was reading some articles about how close Adrian was to being hired in other places, and the coaching he's done and I think @Ziggy has the right idea here. I think Adrian would be an awesome hire.