CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I grew up with a guy who whose parents were avid hot balloon pilots. They'd spend a month in New Mexico every summer ballooning.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I grew up with a guy who whose parents were avid hot balloon pilots. They'd spend a month in New Mexico every summer ballooning.
I have flown and crewed when I was younger. It was fun.

Actually rather safe for the most part. The most dangerous thing is power lines which it seems there is an accident almost annually during the Balloon Fiesta where some balloonist hits power lines.

The people that died here last month either hit a power line or had a basket failure (which would be really rare) but they all died. Sad af.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I have flown and crewed when I was younger. It was fun.

Actually rather safe for the most part. The most dangerous thing is power lines which it seems there is an accident almost annually during the Balloon Fiesta where some balloonist hits power lines.

The people that died here last month either hit a power line or had a basket failure (which would be really rare) but they all died. Sad af.
You couldn’t pay me to try it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is super peaceful. Almost surreal because you are just riding the wind.

I've always wanted to try it but never got around to it. They fly up in Galena every weekend day in the summer.