Herbert > Williams?

dasuperfan89

Liked Posts:
I'd be concerned about pass protection with a rookie RB, but he should get a few looks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, I'm concerned why david montgomery isn't the workhorse when he's built to be one.

I don't mind williams splitting reps equally with herbert, but the rookie has to earn it. This is a great RB room. It might be the best position grouping on the team.

Once cohen comes back I have a feeling herbert goes to practice squad anyways. If....cohen ever comes back.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought Williams played fine for a backup role ??‍♂️ Not sure why Nagy kept pulling Monty for him but that’s not Williams fault. I would like to see Herbert get a couple carries tho - start working him in and see what you got

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I thought Williams played fine for a backup role ??‍♂️ Not sure why Nagy kept pulling Monty for him but that’s not Williams fault. I would like to see Herbert get a couple carries tho - start working him in and see what you got
It looked like Monty fucked up his hand for a little bit and maybe that’s why Williams got so many reps

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Herbert seems like the future kick and punt returner.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I like Damien Williams. I'd argue he is the best pass catching running back on our team. Because of that he is a better compliment to Monty.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It looked like Monty fucked up his hand for a little bit and maybe that’s why Williams got so many reps

Yeah, I didn't see any reports on it, but it looked like he dislocated a finger...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, I didn't see any reports on it, but it looked like he dislocated a finger...
Took a helmet to the hand on one run play and sat out for a while. I actually got a notification he went to the locker room but I don’t believe they said that in the broadcast.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Williams is a fine backup RB and probably the most dangerous out of the backfield in the passing game.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I saw the play and knew he was injured right away.

It was on a run where the safety hit him, he spun around and just kind of sat there until he got tackled.

He was staring at his gloved hand and had one finger bent like if he were pulling a trigger. Then you saw a swarm of medical staff hovering around him on the sideline.

The reason I knew he was injured was that the look he had on his face was the same look my brother had when he broke his finger, though my brother broke his finger being a dumbass instead of playing a contact sport.

I was glad to see that Monty did not suffer a broken finger.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Williams is a fine backup RB and probably the most dangerous out of the backfield in the passing game.
Herbert supposedly breaks a lot of tackles like Monty so I would not be against using him more.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Herbert supposedly breaks a lot of tackles like Monty so I would not be against using him more.

I'm not arguing that but Williams is still a fine RB

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol No. Rooting for Herbert, I really like his story and I think he's going to eventually fit in but his place (at least for now) is special teams.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm not arguing that but Williams is still a fine RB
He is certainly a very good receiving threat as an RB. I am not so hot on his running ability though. Losing a few of his reps to Herbert would not be the worst thing in the world.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Where are the screen passes with Williams?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Herbert is a great prospect to have a #3 back. No reason to look for any more right now when we've got two guys ahead of him for good reason.

The real question is, why did Pace extend Tarik Cohen and then sign Damien Williams and draft Khalil Herbert a year later?

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Herbert is a great prospect to have a #3 back. No reason to look for any more right now when we've got two guys ahead of him for good reason.

The real question is, why did Pace extend Tarik Cohen and then sign Damien Williams and draft Khalil Herbert a year later?

Well Cohen got injured but he should have never given him that big contract for a gadget player.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No, I'm concerned why david montgomery isn't the workhorse when he's built to be one.

I don't mind williams splitting reps equally with herbert, but the rookie has to earn it. This is a great RB room. It might be the best position grouping on the team.

Once cohen comes back I have a feeling herbert goes to practice squad anyways. If....cohen ever comes back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Herbert is snatched off the practice squad if he lands there.