Here are the best list of reasons why it was smart of Pace to choose Trubisky over Watson

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we just put up more fan-financed billboards, this team would be GOOD!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I would like you, as a fellow businessman, to prove that, rather than telling me you are older than I am and know better and therefore I should just believe you.

And once you do, I want you to show me how withholding your $$$$ in 2020 will make any difference whatsoever, as we have already covered how butts in seats means litte given the latest CB agreement, and there is a years-long waiting list for PSL's at Soldier Field. Business, remember?

Look, I don't want to be hostile, but I find your theory flawed. It's not because fans are willing to accept mediocrity that the team sucks. The team just sucks.

You asked if I'd ever seen "when Bears fans stopped buying tickets to Bears games in your lifetime " so I answered your question ( based on what happened in my lifetime) right?

Now in 2020 and beyond even with CB agreement, and years-long waiting list for PSL's at Soldier Field, do u believe it'll make no difference if the Bears suddenly become consistent losers ?
Are u saying, the Bears will continue to be profitable win or lose?

Also I wondering about the situation in DC.
'Sell the team' chants greet Redskins owner Daniel Snyder

Hail: The crowd
The announced attendance was 56,426 and the stands featured a lot of green. At least the Redskins fans who showed up were, uh, spirited. There were multiple chants of “Sell the team!” including one in the final minutes that could be heard on the TV broadcast.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You showed me Redskins attendance. Was that an answer?

Hey! I want the Bears to be better. You want the Bears to be better. Let's all be better together, like Melania says, okay?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You showed me Redskins attendance. Was that an answer?

Hey! I want the Bears to be better. You want the Bears to be better. Let's all be better together, like Melania says, okay?

There was more to the 'skins article u would've had to click the link to read about the problems they're having bcuz of the on field product. On PSL's ......the PSLs can rise and fall in value over time, based in large part on the quality of the product that the home team puts on the field.
------------------------------------

Anyway yes, I do want the Bears get better and I want ownership to show a commitment to winning a SB ( on that we can agree). Or I want the team sold ( I know it'll probably never happen)

Sure....lets get better together

Last edited:

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Uh....Are you forgetting that Drew Bree’s is Trubiskys ceiling?......

Seeing as how he’s had a handful of games in 2 and a half seasons that were very Breesesque, that’s not an illogical ceiling at all.

The sample size is still small despite the “3 years is enough“ narrative. He’s had Brees like games as well as Alex Smith and Tannehil like outings.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There was more to the 'skins article u would've had to click the link to read about the problems they're having bcuz of the on field product. On PSL's ......the PSLs can rise and fall in value over time, based in large part on the quality of the product that the home team puts on the field.
------------------------------------

Anyway yes, I do want the Bears get better and ownership show a commitment to winning a SB ( on that we can agree). Or I want the team sold ( I know it'll probably never happen)

Sure....lets get better together

Thanks. As a student of business, next time you want to prove to me loss of Bears fans’ attendance before 1985, try not using Redskins fans’ attendance. That is just incongruous and bizarre.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Apart from the 85 season what have the Bears given us?

A fluky 2006 season where we won on defense and special teams in a weak NFC. That was fun, but still moderately annoying watching them strut Rex Grossman out there. Lovie Smith simply couldn’t put together an offense.

You can watch the NFL 100 linebackers showcase with LT, Singletary, and Lewis. They talk about who else is coming up in the game that was like them. Ultimately there is no one dominant on defense like they were. With the rule changes we might never see another great MLB. The Bears org doesn’t know how to function without defense.

This team is the Browns. It’s the Bengals. It’s the Lions. It’s destined to forever be one of those bad teams. The front office continues to make head-scratching bad decisions. This then leads to bad drafts, bad FA, and a bad product on the field with bad coaching.

Whoever stole my thesaurus that was bad. You should feel bad. I hope something bad happens to you.

Are we just supposed to wait another 100 years like the Cubs? How long can you keep rooting for the team playing Green Bay? After Virginia’s gone it’s just going to be another silver spoon kid in charge of everything. No one passionate about running a football franchise will ever get the reigns in Chicago.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Apart from the 85 season what have the Bears given us?

A fluky 2006 season where we won on defense and special teams in a weak NFC. That was fun, but still moderately annoying watching them strut Rex Grossman out there. Lovie Smith simply couldn’t put together an offense.

You can watch the NFL 100 linebackers showcase with LT, Singletary, and Lewis. They talk about who else is coming up in the game that was like them. Ultimately there is no one dominant on defense like they were. With the rule changes we might never see another great MLB. The Bears org doesn’t know how to function without defense.

This team is the Browns. It’s the Bengals. It’s the Lions. It’s destined to forever be one of those bad teams. The front office continues to make head-scratching bad decisions. This then leads to bad drafts, bad FA, and a bad product on the field with bad coaching.

Whoever stole my thesaurus that was bad. You should feel bad. I hope something bad happens to you.

Are we just supposed to wait another 100 years like the Cubs? How long can you keep rooting for the team playing Green Bay? After Virginia’s gone it’s just going to be another silver spoon kid in charge of everything. No one passionate about running a football franchise will ever get the reigns in Chicago.
Well, you both have convinced me!

I will no longer watch this team until it is good!

Will you let me know when it is good again? Oh, you can’t, because unless you are a hypocrite, you won’t be watching either.

Just shut the fuck up and don’t watch like you keep promising if you don’t want other fans to ‘accept mediocrity’

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Well, you both have convinced me!

I will no longer watch this team until it is good!

Will you let me know when it is good again? Oh, you can’t, because unless you are a hypocrite, you won’t be watching either.

Just shut the fuck up and don’t watch like you keep promising if you don’t want other fans to ‘accept mediocrity’
It costs over $300 a year to watch your team’s games if you leave your hometown. And you still have to sit through commercials. Who wants to keep paying that for this shit product?

Just who the fuck do you think you are to tell me what to do? I’ll post here about how dumb the Bears org is and if you don’t like it you don’t have to read it. But you know it’s true you won’t see a SB win again in your lifetime. This org is Browns level bad.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just made a suggestion. Enjoy paying your $300 and freedom to bitch about it next year while ... kinda ... telling the rest of us not to watch

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
It costs over $300 a year to watch your team’s games if you leave your hometown. And you still have to sit through commercials. Who wants to keep paying that for this shit product?

Just who the fuck do you think you are to tell me what to do? I’ll post here about how dumb the Bears org is and if you don’t like it you don’t have to read it. But you know it’s true you won’t see a SB win again in your lifetime. This org is Browns level bad.
You know how when you watch the Browns you see those guys wearing paper bags over their heads? How do they put up with pitiful season after season? That is what people are saying about Bears fans.

You’ll know when the Bears have a chance at being good again. Ted Phillips won’t be there.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok, well, i’ve thought about it and i will still watch. Sorry to disappoint you and to accept mediocrity.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Ok, well, i’ve thought about it and i will still watch. Sorry to disappoint you and to accept mediocrity.
Oh I don’t care if that’s how you choose to spend your time. I know I can’t convince people to stop watching. My point is just that the Bears are dysfunctional from the top down.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, thanks. Will you stop watching next year or is this just a tantrum? How will you in good conscience be able to shame others next year if you don’t witness the failure yourself?

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
Well, thanks. Will you stop watching next year or is this just a tantrum? How will you in good conscience be able to shame others next year if you don’t witness the failure yourself?
Well like I said I’m not paying for the Sunday ticket. If the Bears are any good they get flexed to Sunday night anyway. And even if the Bears stink enough of their games are on national TV. There’s also The Tape Never Lies.

If I still lived in Chicago and it cost nothing then sure I would watch every game. But the NFL makes it hard to watch your favorite team from elsewhere.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K. Bye. I am sorry for accepting mediocrity. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that you will be following and watching the Bears next season, and admonishing the rest of us for doing the same.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know, I've given the Chicago Bears zero dollars for a long time. Maybe I'M the problem! SHIT!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

“You’re gonna have to live with the consequences that come with it. That’s how I see it,” Watson said. “I try to stay in my lane. I try not to take the path. I respect Mitch and what he’s done and all the hype he’s getting, but at the same time, my result speaks for itself. I feel like I’ve accomplished everything that I could. I guess if that’s who they’re gonna roll with, so be it.”

It was at this moment when you knew Deshaun Watson was coming for that ass. The Bears are paying the consequences for drafting Mitch Trubisky over Deshaun Watson.

The Chicago Bears are being mocked by the rest of the NFL for drafting Mitch Trubisky over Deshaun Watson. If you have been following me for while, then you already know what my predraft rankings were in 2017. Deshaun Watson was the top quarterback on my board. I had Mitch Trubisky graded out as a 6th round prospect. Yes, a 6th round prospect. It was tough to find anything to like about him. Just watching him throw the ball at the combine was painful.

The Chicago Bears are wasting the best defense in football because Mitch Trubisky isn’t just worse than Deshaun Watson. Mitch Trubisky is a total bust (just like I thought he would be) and likely will be out of the league before you know it. Ryan Pace should lose his job for drafting Trubisky with the 2nd overall pick in the 2017. It was an egregious decision at the time and still looks like a horrendous decision now.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I trust watson over geoff schwartz, sports mockery; and duhbears70

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I'm just tired of the "we didn't draft Watson/Mahomes WAHHHHH" shit. It's so fucking played out. I mean, fuck Pace. I know he should have drafted Watson or Mahomes. He shouldn't have drafted Shaheen or Kevin White. He shouldn't have hired Fox or Nagy.

But all of that happened. And we all have to live with it. Incessantly crying about it and being miserable cunts about it 24/7 is stupid. Most of the discussions we have that devolve into nonsense about Trubisky are a symptom of grown ass men that can't let shit like this go. Lol. It's pathetic.

I get that. But you seem to be missing the point that you are arbitrarily pissed off by ONE side of the debate. Not the other. Bears fans here that downplay how great Watson plays are just as infuriating to others here as those who "whine" about Pace's failures as a GM. I also think your position would have more merit if Pace were not STILL the current GM.

If people wanted to stop accepting mediocrity, they'd have abandoned the Chicago Bears for a non-shit franchise long ago.

As if there is a conscious choice in the matter? I don't think you understand what "fan" means. My dad drilled so much into my head not to be a front-runner like other kids my age that it's part of who I am to root for the team I love. Just the way it is.

Again, I can't stand Bears fans who try to dictate to others how to "fan". We are all different. Deal with it. Incessantly crying about how other fans react and being miserable about it 24/7 is stupid. Discussions like this - if carried on and on - are a symptom of people who can't let others be themselves on a message board. LOL it's pathetic.